[DE]Rebecca

Roadmap: 2017 & early 2018!

Honestly there are much better ways to go about reworking damage... here's one off the top of my head, extremely unpolished but still better:

puncture: status proc causes the damage of that single shot to ignore 30-?% current armour (scales with damage). Has a duration, each proc increases the armour ignored (so rapid fire weapons don't get left behind), but it still has to proc the status effect for the armour to actually be ignored. A more selfish and higher DPS/burst version of corrosive, which will stack slower due to being a lower % (25% but permanent and for whole team, also the damage is applied before the status for corrosive).

impact: the enemy is knocked back (staggered) before landing on their behind and sitting still. Duration scales with damage dealt, but literally can go over 4, maybe even 10 minutes with enough damage. Takes an enemy out of the fight if you can't kill them for a very very long time, and lets you line up headshots easier. If you think even this isn't enough and 'death is the best cc slash masterrace' then go to simulacrum and spawn 20 lvl 160 heavy gunners, compare your performance with AI on vs off as a tank frame

slash: probably unchanged.

Edited by TeCoolTenno
  • Upvote 1

@[DE]Connor

I have a question about the IPS rework only being based off the physical damage type (based on your post about damage 2.5, which said only the slash portion of slash effects will be used in the DoT's calculation)

Will Fanged Fusillade and other IPS mods be changed to be off total base damage (similar to infected clip, cryo rounds, and other elemental mods), and will slash procs be changed to use non-base damage? This is the only way I can see them not being inherently nerfed.

Can you please add to your roadmap one thing?

Just one that will help a lot: "Buy a good DDoS protection". 

• Upvote 4

my idea on impact rework would be :

make it work like shattering impact, reducing base armor by a percentage of the weapons' impact damage on damaging / impact proc. impact proc also stuns.

puncture damage should ignore a percentage of the target's armor. puncture proc gives extra vulnerability (dmg multiplier) to body parts where the procing shot hits, and maybe reduce enemy damage.

slash should just stay as it is.

Whats the next update gonna be ? And when will it be released. As much as I liked the sanctuary update, I'm really looking forward to new UI, umbra and venus open world.

30 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Whats the next update gonna be ? And when will it be released. As much as I liked the sanctuary update, I'm really looking forward to new UI, umbra and venus open world.

If I was to make a guess, somewhere around September for the venus open world, probably october. UI could be around June. Umbra...probably going to be the christmas update this year.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

I'm really looking forward to new UI, umbra and

According to tweets, Umbra and new particles FX could be this month

And also they say Venus before TennoCon, just guessing

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hixlysss said:

If I was to make a guess, somewhere around September for the venus open world, probably october. UI could be around June. Umbra...probably going to be the christmas update this year.

6 hours ago, Myscho said:

According to tweets, Umbra and new particles FX could be this month

And also they say Venus before TennoCon, just guessing

I'm guessing a proper estimate would be something in between these two :p