[DE]Rebecca

Roadmap: 2017 & early 2018!

10 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Round 2 of "let's spam the brozime video, regardless if what he says is true or not"

This will totally show DE.

There are very good reasons for not spamming the Brozime video! However ‘his criticisms are invalid’ is not one of those reasons, and you are being at best disingenuous, and at worst dishonest, when you say so.

Players should offer feedback in their own words, framed through their own understanding.

• Satisfied 2
  • Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, Chaos_Rifle said:

The damage changes are the EXACT opposite of what you are trying to accomplish. DON'T nerf slash, DO make damage typed DEAL DAMAGE, and FIX how absolutely out of %*@#ing control armour is...

If they finally get around to fixing the armour and health scaling issues, Slash will definitely need to be nerfed, as the reason it's so dominant right now is partly because it ignores armour, making it invaluable against 60+ targets.

Personally, I'd like them to change Puncture's effect to an extra damage proc (all the IPS should have this) that ignore a portion of target's armour.

Still, happy holidays, DE, take care and thanks for the update.

Also, don't link Brozimes stuff please, he's often just straight wrong on things.

22 minutes ago, arthurdiegoo said:

The topics confirmed for 2017 (Specially the acolytes)

I really hope you guys are not willing to deploy them at christmas weekend.

Remember a lot of us have families and want to pass the good time with them.

4 working days left this month for DE

sorry to break it to you its probably gonna be this weekend ^.^ 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

There are very good reasons for not spamming the Brozime video! However ‘his criticisms are invalid’ is not one of those reasons, and you are being at best disingenuous, and at worst dishonest, when you say so.

Players should offer feedback in their own words, framed through their own understanding.

Did i say that his criticisms are invalid?

I want people to be critical and think of them self, not just pin a video, regardless of the content. Double so with the track record of "we, DE will post something in the Forum that has nothing to do with the actual end result". Again - remember focus 2.0?

• Upvote 2

I really do not like the IPS changes judging from what was posted.

The improvements to Impact and Puncture make no difference at all. And you still trying to nerf Slash.... despite saying that you do not plan to do it and whole community asking you not to do it. Come on. You can do better than this.

IPS:

Impact. I barely see any situation where ragdoll would be a benefit. All it will do is make you lose your target. While powerful stagger is okay it might be better to have some other effect. For example, if you land a bunch of impact procs within the certain window you may disarm or open enemy for finishers.

Puncture. Damage reduction does nothing. Since it is puncture it should puncture armour maybe do something like Shattering strikes? Each proc removes a flat amount of armour maybe not base armour since fast firing weapons would just shred armour completely.

Slash. The issue is not with Slash being too good. It is with other 2 being too weak. The proposed change of Slash proc being based ONLY on the splash damage of the weapon will only amplify the dominance of Slash based weapons while making non-slash weapons weaker. It will literally make the issue worse.

ELEMENTAL:

Cold. While Slowdown effect is good. It would be nice if you stack slow bunch of times it would eventually freeze the enemy.

Electrical. Stun is fine. While Chain arcs should probably be stronger. For example, while the enemy is stunned, portion of damage dealt to that enemy will arc to nearby enemies

Heat. DoT is fine But it would also be great for some kind of AoE flame burst with every tick of DoT having a chance to panic enemy.

Toxin.   It need to have some sort of additional effect. Like for example occasional paralysis of enemy.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 7

vor 35 Minuten schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

2018:

Khora!
Impact, Puncture, (IP) Changes!
Khora's Weapons!
Khora's Accessories !
Gantulyst (internal name Megalyst)!
Hydrolist (internal name Rainalyst)!

I fixed that for you 😉

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, KokoroWish said:

If they finally get around to fixing the armour and health scaling issues, Slash will definitely need to be nerfed, as the reason it's so dominant right now is partly because it ignores armour, making it invaluable against 60+ targets.

And do you honestly believe that DE will ever, in a million years, actually fix armour scaling? Ever?

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, kowalsky386 said:

Yeah, really take the time to think about IPS changes coz they not good... For inspiration here is a vid:

Brozime have a good point here. Pls don't ruin mod and ability to have fun with it.

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Did i say that his criticisms are invalid?

Yes. You said that his video wasn’t true.

On the flipside of that, if DE continually present their own planned changes to the game in a completely ridiculously explosively unhelpful fashion to the point that the default response from players needs to be “Ok, we know what they said but we also know that DE are functionally just not capable of meaningfully and accurately communicating about their own game. They’ve told us that the sky will be green, but we all know that it’s more likely to be blue...” Well, that means that DE need to tighten up their communications! Words. They mean things.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

It is true that DE have a habit to release half baked pre patch information.
Remember the focus 2.0 topic?

What about it? I don't get it.

I want people to be critical and think of them self, not just pin a video, regardless of the content. Double so with the track record of "we, DE will post something in the Forum that has nothing to do with the actual end result". Again - remember focus 2.0?

ppl are thinking for themselves. Brozime, and others, simply made a video compiling that which we all know. Hell, even DE got something half right when they mentioned some people would recognize the flaws of the proposed changes. The thing DE couldn't get is the entire reason Slash is good while the others are worthless.

Edited by Anthraxicus
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

I really wish that you would just release Khora anyway. The frame is visually done, and linking it to such a fiddly issue as the damage rework means she might be shelved for a considerable time. I worked my backside off this week to get a bite mod for Khora, and having her release put on basically TBA makes that seem like a big waste of time. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Yes. You said that his video wasn’t true.

I said, without any edits :

23 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Round 2 of "let's spam the brozime video, regardless if what he says is true or not"

This will totally show DE.

"regardless if what he says is true or not" is not the same as "it is not true".

I am sorry if you this is the only meaning of this sentence you can see.

2 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

On the flipside of that, if DE continually present their own planned changes to the game in a completely ridiculously explosively unhelpful fashion to the point that the default response from players needs to be “Ok, we know what they said but we also know that DE are functionally just not capable of meaningfully and accurately communicating about their own game. They’ve told us that the sky will be green, but we all know that it’s more likely to be blue...” Well, that means that DE need to tighten up their communications! Words. They mean things.

It is a lot worse than that and I really have no idea why crucial information is usually postponed until things are too late.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DioBrandoTheHotVampire said:

UMBRA IS NOT EVEN ON THE LIST

They said in the last devstream that Umbra will hit spring 2018. What Reb has posted is not the whole 2018 year schedule just the first weeks.

Edited by Void-Gunslinger
  • Satisfied 1