[DE]Rebecca

Roadmap: 2017 & early 2018!

I'm pretty bummed that the Teralyst variants were pushed back, the vanilla Teralyst is fun, but I would've loved fighting the variants with my buddies at the year's end. 

Edit: Could we instead push back the Acolytes in favor of the Eidolons? Christmas break isn't exactly the best time for farming mods. 

Edited by Agentawesome
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

What about it? I don't get it.

The OG Focus 2.0 presentation was... bad. Bad Bad. 
Bad to the point in which we were wondering if again, DE are even playing the game. Then Focus 2.0 entered the game and a lot of the information that was given turned out as "reading", not as actual information. 

With that said, I can't say Focus 2.0 was perfect as implementation (or 2.5), but it was actually a lot better than what was explained.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

we are here to test and return ... or good or bad ... we are together ... we have many people who only know how to complain but it is not the majority ... we want the best for warframe. I do not mind testing. @[DE]Rebecca 

I honestly want all of this but I don’t care about anything other Khora I just want her to be shipped out and you can literally push every thing else to 2018 for all I care whenever you guys have a delay you’re trying to fix something right but whenever you shop it you have to spend the next month sometimes more fixing it anyway with every single update. I say we’re going to need bug fixes and changes anyway so just ship as is. You can’t honestly believe that whatever you change you won’t get a ton of backlash and have to work around anyway so just let us enjoy this please this is just my personal opinion but from the people I have talked about it with I’m not the only one.

2 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

The OG Focus 2.0 presentation was... bad. Bad Bad. 
Bad to the point in which we were wondering if again, DE are even playing the game. Then Focus 2.0 entered the game and a lot of the information that was given turned out as "reading", not as actual information. 

With that said, I can't say Focus 2.0 was perfect as implementation (or 2.5), but it was actually a lot better than what was explained.

Well, I think Focus 2.0 turned out to be as bad as they explained....if not worse. Focus 2.5 made one of the awful aspects, the grind, a tiny bit better, but the system in general is awful and pointless, not to mention a downgrade from the previous system, which is why I call it Focus 0.5

Edited by Anthraxicus
  • Upvote 4

Just now, Kiboune said:

What about tennogen release?

i'm wondering this exact thing, i thought atleast 1 wave of it would be out by now.

atleast we're getting the showcase room before 2018.

What of the Focus acquisition changes? Are you all content with the state of Focus for the time being?

• Upvote 1

do not do the IPS changes you have scheduled too 

we had more than 90 comments in a hour in the dedicated dev's workshop post, about NOT applying those changes. 

DO NOT DO THAT AGAIN

do not start nerfing stuff like 2 years ago

DON'T START THAT AGAIN

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 11

Just now, Anthraxicus said:

Well, I think Focus 2.0 turned out to be as bad as they explained....if not worse. Focus 2.5 made one of the awful aspects, the grind, a tiny bit better, but the system in general is awful and pointless.

Let's agree to disagree, otherwise we are entering a lot of off topic.

7 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

I said, without any edits :

"regardless if what he says is true or not" is not the same as "it is not true".

I am sorry if you this is the only meaning of this sentence you can see.

It is a lot worse than that and I really have no idea why crucial information is usually postponed until things are too late.

Raising the issue of whether or not his criticisms are true and therefore saying not to spam DE with them on that account is pretty much tantamount to casting doubt on the validity of those criticisms, yeah. 

On to the issue of DE’s own communications about their planned changes...look, that’s not the fault of the players. If DE are so bad at this that their own systemic previews are functionally worthless, then it is only on DE themselves if they get flooded with negative feedback.

• Satisfied 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 3

Please ship Zaw fix for clients too this wednesday update; I feel so powerful in simulacrum, but nothing works in real missions for zaws due to client/host bug where stats become un-gilded :(, literally I have no status chance thanks to this bug

Edited by Descent-of-Damocles
needed to fix a word
  • Upvote 2

Just now, AndrewScreamSoul said:

What about the sacrifice quest with the Umbra? 

Irrelevant to this timetable. This thread is about stuff happening in the next few days, out to the next month or so, and the Sacrifice is past that.

1 minute ago, AndrewScreamSoul said:

What about the sacrifice quest with the Umbra? 

the roadmap in this thread is for very early 2018, umbra is coming later on in 2018 (likely after february)

So, after looking through the changes, I feel that the direction of the changes needs to be reviewed.

DE, you're looking at it from the wrong angle. The damage types don't need to each have their own separate, completely untethered interaction with enemies. The damage types should synergize.

What currently drives users to label a weapon as useful or useless is its viability in endgame content. With these proposed changes, the other damage types don't change in effectiveness when considering endgame content.

I feel like your approach should be rethought.

However, I do have a suggestion that may be worth workshopping and considering the angle of.

Synergy. Each damage type should be necessary to an extent, in the long run, requiring teamwork and a balanced loadout.

Slash damage should remain the same. Base damage of the weapon shouldn't affect the target, but should still cause a bleed that creates a d.o.t. on the target which stacks. This is, for the most part, the current effect.

Puncture damage should ignore a numerical percentage of armor when calculating damage. This numeric should be the same, regardless of how much armor the target has. at 100% reduction, the enemy armor should be ignored down to 70% reduction. At 60%, the enemy armor should be ignored down to 30%. This promotes better damage at lower armor ratings.

Impact should reduce enemy armor by a stacking percentage. This stacking percentage would synergize with Slash and Puncture. Slash would then be able to affect the target with the base damage types of the weapon, instead of just the slash d.o.t. The reduced enemy armor would allow Puncture's armor piercing to gain effectiveness until it potentially ignores all leftover armor.

Mods could be introduced to work with this mechanic. You could increase Impact's armor reduction. You could increase the percentage of Puncture's armor piercing. You could increase the amount of stacks Slash can stack, or the percentage of the weapon damage that Slash uses to calculate the d.o.t.

I don't expect you to treat this suggestion as gospel, but please read it and consider how your damage types interact and change the flow of combat. Consider the endgame content and whether or not your changes significantly impact the feasibility of certain weapons in combat.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 5

IPS changes hope you will put that idea of yours into the garbage and will try it again in 2018.

Kora not really related to IPS so not sure why can't we get her.
Also the *lysts should have been released this year or at least one of them killing of Teralysts 6-7 times a night starts to get boring.

Also I hope you are thinking about giving us more options to get Kuva then the current siphons because those 100kuva/missiion reward on the plain is a bismo considering a siphon can be finished in 2 mins while a MD on the field takes 3 mins  and you do get 6 times more doing the siphons.

• Upvote 4

Happy holiday to all DE staffs and when u get back take as long as u need to better then current IPS system and pls dont touch slash T-T

• Upvote 1

Reminder that corrosive and slash are meta not because they're op, but because they're good at fighting against armor.

Armor is the problem, not damage.

• Upvote 7

Reminder that corrosive and slash are meta not because they're op, but because they're good at fighting against armor.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, -Bv-Ramael said:

And DE are never, ever, ever, ever, ever going to fix that.

• Upvote 6