The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

CHROMA EXPLOIT NEEDS TO STOP

(XBOX)CYPHERMAN

If im fighting an eidolon for damn near 20 minutes and some random player comes in and shoots it a few times with a gun NO WHERE NEAR AS POWERFUL AS MY OPTICOR, that is a PROBLEM

nope....i shouldnt be putting in damn near 200 shots from my opticor and some person uses an exploit to quickly melt what my opticor should have done 20 minutes into the battle with OTHER PEOPLE ON MY TEAM THAT EVENTUALLY QUIT DO TO THIS BS..

GOD DAMN!!!!

WHY THE HELL AM I SEE ZEROS WHEN I SHOOT WITH AN OPTICOR...EVEN AT POINT BLANK RANGE ENSURING TO GET SOME NUMBERS I GET ZEROS!! THATS FRIGGEN STUPID!!!  you think im lying check mogamus page since im unable to post the video here since your INSERT MEDIA BUTTON IS BROKEN TOO.....FFS!!!!

You're getting zeros because you aren't actually hitting the weak spots.

Also, Chroma building his loadout to increase his weapon damage isn't an exploit.  That's his frame power.  It's just what he does as a Warframe.  You can make a party wide mini version of this with Rhino. That's what Rhino does.  No one is cheating they're just playing the objective.  Kill the Eidolon as efficiently as possible.

As Eathin said, if you see 0's, you arent hitting the weak points.

Elbows and knees have this like...how to describe it... boxes I guess?... Those are the weak spots. Aim strictly for those and you'll see damage numbers. A well modded opticor, even without Chroma, should only take a few shots to take each limbs weak point out.

So for the fight you have to use the Operator to take down the Eidolon's shield.  If the shield is up you'll get zeros from your weapon.  When the shield is down his weak points are his joints.  Take those down.  Opticor is good, but still expect to see zeroes from the splash damage not hitting the target points. 

33 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CYPHERMAN said:

If im fighting an eidolon for damn near 20 minutes and some random player comes in and shoots it a few times with a gun NO WHERE NEAR AS POWERFUL AS MY OPTICOR, that is a PROBLEM

nope....i shouldnt be putting in damn near 200 shots from my opticor and some person uses an exploit to quickly melt what my opticor should have done 20 minutes into the battle with OTHER PEOPLE ON MY TEAM THAT EVENTUALLY QUIT DO TO THIS BS..

GOD DAMN!!!!

WHY THE HELL AM I SEE ZEROS WHEN I SHOOT WITH AN OPTICOR...EVEN AT POINT BLANK RANGE ENSURING TO GET SOME NUMBERS I GET ZEROS!! THATS FRIGGEN STUPID!!!  you think im lying check mogamus page since im unable to post the video here since your INSERT MEDIA BUTTON IS BROKEN TOO.....FFS!!!!

You don't need chroma to oneshot him with opticor.

It's all about modding your guns right, and finding frames with abilities that benefit you (an oberon with an augment is one of many frames that can buff your damage), some frames can buff themselves.

Idk if this will help you tho, seems like you're missing the weak points, making you deal 0 damage.

Also it's possible that it's too early for you to fight eidolon.

1 hour ago, Dante102 said:

You don't need chroma to oneshot him with opticor.

It's all about modding your guns right, and finding frames with abilities that benefit you (an oberon with an augment is one of many frames that can buff your damage), some frames can buff themselves.

Idk if this will help you tho, seems like you're missing the weak points, making you deal 0 damage.

Also it's possible that it's too early for you to fight eidolon.

He actually does have a point. I have an uber modded Lanka, and I went with Rhino in full Str to Roar. But that's nowhere close to Chroma's levels of damage. My half modded Chroma has enough damage buff to oneshot the limbs while my fully modded Rhino does at most 1/4th of the limbs health in damage.

Actually, I have some issues hitting the weak points with specifically the Opticor too. It's almost like the laser beam is so fat it hits other parts first and registers there. Then again, some hits are so direct and still shows a 0 for that shot. 

But like others said, it's not an exploit. It's just Chromas ability/synergies and this is a fight where he can actually shine with it. Pretty much the only fight right now where being that strong actually shows a difference. 

Edited by MuscleBeach

I can 1-shot limbs and Teralyst body with Octavia and don't need a self-harm weapon. Plus providing other small benefits to the whole squad.

Chroma seems fine as current, overly used single build for Eidolon. Kind of like how players still build min duration Trinity even though they should have a weapon that 1-shots  EV eligible enemy at this point. 

If it wasn't night time...I'm pretty sure there would have been a vast number of Mirage players killing during daylight. (Maybe when we get a Daywalker Teralyst)*

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)CYPHERMAN said:

GOD DAMN!!!!

Problems is, it’s working as intended. Chroma is made to take a bunch of damage and deal a bunch of damage. It’s not broken, it’s just what Chroma does. To make you feel even worse, DE plans on buffing Chroma. They mentioned it a few Devstreams ago but they haven’t mentioned it for a while.

Real Numbers off a Eidolon Arm Slot ( 4 Kills with each setup )

Opticor Build for Radiation 

Without Warframe Boost and without Riven

8-"20" Hit´s  ( i needed 8 min and 10 max, i doubled it for showing estimating not optimal builds or no krit luck )

Without Warframe Boost but with Riven 

2-4 Hit´s ( i have a Multishoot, Electricity, Krit Chance, - Zoom )

With Chromo or other Good Warframe buff and Riven  ( Every Warframe and a Harrow Krit Buff included  / around 100 tests *G*) 
1- 2 Hit´s ( depends off Krit Chance )

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)CYPHERMAN said:

GOD DAMN!!!!

First, do you know how to fight the Terralyst?

Here's a quick run-down:
Before battle get at least 2 of the Eidolon lures and charge them up with vomvulysts.
1) Jump into operator mode and shoot him with your amps until his shield breaks.  He'll flash red briefly once this is done.
2) Go back into your warframe and aim for the boxy parts of his upper arms and knees.  Those are the only points that you can hurt him at.
3) When one part is broken hop into your operator mode and crouch until he is finished screaming.
3a) If you don't have a charged eidolon lure then time to try to find him again after he teleports away.
4) Start back over at step 1 until you break all of  his limbs.
5) After breaking his final limb stay in operator mode and kill all of the vomvulysts that start coming over to heal the Terralyst
6) Once he gets back up just start shooting him until he is dead, at this point it doesn't matter where you shoot him.

Congratulations you've killed the Terralyst.

If you're going to fight an enemy it helps to learn the mechanics of the enemy instead of just doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Further, don't call exploits on something where someone actually knew what they were doing, and used their frame appropriately.

Edited by Tsukinoki

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)CYPHERMAN said:

GOD DAMN!!!!

And this makes 4th 

dont belive me read early topics 

before the new year comes every warfame needs to go ..

OMG WHY WHY are warframe atracting this typical people WHY

Spoiler

:sadcry: You people Know realy to break my spirit in the game

Edited by -_Highlander_-
Happy X-mass

I mean, Chroma is gonna get the nerf bat when they fix/change the math scaling for his 3 anyway. Just won't happen until he gets a Prime variant, or maybe a bit before. Nothing of value will be lost when they do, either, as it's not like he won't be super-durable. *shrug* For now, though, Chroma does more damage than any other frame in the  game once you start pushing Power Strength past 200% and are using weapons with multiple combined elements.

14 hours ago, (Xbox One)CYPHERMAN said:

GOD DAMN!!!!

Uhm wow, nerd rage much?

Do you even know how to fight the Eidolon?

Do you even know what your doing?

The fact that you said you have been banging your head on this fight for 20 min and how you get 0's in damage shows your clueless.

Also if you have a party that has been fighting this thing for 20 min, how/where does another player come in to interfere?

They just randomly come in to your 20 min fight and happen to be a Chroma specced out for fighting the Eidolon when he didn't queue for that and showed you how to fight it, but instead you are getting all mad that how dare he show you up? I'm trying to understand here as what you said just doesn't make sense.

Is this a troll thread?

No really, please show us a vid of your encounter, a link would do, so we can all see .... this.

The main reason people take Chroma is, like others have said, it can one shot the weak points with Vex Armor and self damage with a sniper. It's really not an exploit since that's the whole point of Vex Armor. Even on the live stream they had a Chomra one shotting weak points. There's other ways of doing it but this has been the "most efficient". The other person I run with is a Chroma and I run Trinity and we can easily get 6 Teralysts down in a night cycle.

The reason you weren't doing damage was either the shield was still up or you weren't targeting the weak points on him. Either way, here's a run down of the fight for future encounters.

First thing is, you need two charged Eidolon Lures (so you capture him instead of killing him, you'll get more rewards this way) so he doesn't teleport away between weak spot breaks. They are charged by killing vomvalysts, either beside the lure or bring the charge they drop to the lure.

In Operator, attack him until his shield breaks. Once his shield is down, you attack at these points. These four points are the only thing that will damage him until the final phase.

The best way to take down the weak points is the two on the legs first and then the two on the arms. (At least that's from personal experience.)

FcD1FCq.jpg

When he does go down, either run away to 70 meters or in operator, go into the void (crouch). Don't forget to keep the lures close enough to him so he doesn't teleport away. You'll do this three times.

After the fourth weak spot break, he'll go into "Vomvalyst Phase" in which vomvalysts will try and heal the Teralyst, just kill off any remaining that's around him.

After he gets up after the last phase is when you can go all out, you can hit him anywhere to do damage but his head is the best spot.

Teralyst Fight

12 hours ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

If it wasn't night time...I'm pretty sure there would have been a vast number of Mirage players killing during daylight. (Maybe when we get a Daywalker Teralyst)*

I actually have a post up hoping to change Mirage's Sleight of Hand so she can join in the reindeer games of Eidolon hunting. 

But yeah, there's plenty of frames that do a nice job of hunting down Eidolons OP. You need to look into the many options, rather than making a whiny post.