The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please let Baro sell Forma BP's for 25-35 ducats.

ArcusVeles

Title.  Forma are used in a lot of things, and it'd be nice to have the option to convert ducats into them (even if there's an added credit cost).  I'm Mr 24 and own everything Baro has to offer, but still need lots of Forma.  When I run relics, I get Prime parts way, way more often than I do Forma BP's, so being able to trade them in for Forma would be great.

And before anyone brings it up, yeah I do sell Baro stuff to people for plat to buy Forma Bundles sometimes, too.  Trading takes time and patience (and buyers, which aren't always around) and having another option would help a lot.

so a Forma per 10 minutes of Gameplay.
don't hold your breath. having someone that plays a few hours a week being inundated with Forma let alone regular Players would pretty well nullify that Resource. when currently it's something that Players have a use for.

Not for 25 Ducats. 100 Ducats would be fair, a bit more than that would be fine as well. Considering that 1 Complete forma is 20p and a bundle is 35p.

You should also consider that a lot of people can easily farm that and would massively devalue the form in the market. DE should still be able to make money. Baro's price should be higher than the Market Plat value of the item. You buy things with plat coz it's faster that way. 

I'm surprised at the people saying 50-100 ducats, considering Forma are sometimes common and sometimes uncommon on most relics, and never show up in the rare slot.

I personally wouldn't buy Forma BP's at over 45 ducats, but if they were complete Forma then that would be a different story entirely.

50-100 makes sense because you're essentially trading two or three common/uncommon relic awards(or one rare) that you don't want for one that you do.  Trading them for what amounts to a 1 for 1 ducat price, while cheap for the player(and I'd abuse the heck out of it) but doesn't really fall in line with treating Baro as some measure of a "token" system for unwanted prime parts.

By the time a person would buy these, they should probably be swimming in mats anyway, with build time being the biggest obstacle to forma.

10 minutes ago, Thrymm said:

50-100 makes sense because you're essentially trading two or three common/uncommon relic awards(or one rare) that you don't want for one that you do.  Trading them for what amounts to a 1 for 1 ducat price, while cheap for the player(and I'd abuse the heck out of it) but doesn't really fall in line with treating Baro as some measure of a "token" system for unwanted prime parts.

By the time a person would buy these, they should probably be swimming in mats anyway, with build time being the biggest obstacle to forma.

I was considering they'd also tack the large credit cost they usually do to buy from Baro, which isn't negligible for most people.  If other prices are anything to go by, a Forma BP would have a 50-100k credits cost.  That's enough to slow down the purchases of even most vets.

3 hours ago, ArcusVeles said:

I was considering they'd also tack the large credit cost they usually do to buy from Baro, which isn't negligible for most people.  If other prices are anything to go by, a Forma BP would have a 50-100k credits cost.  That's enough to slow down the purchases of even most vets.

I wouldn't buy forma bps no matter the price when I can farm them for free (and actually make money doing so) by cracking relics.  I'm talking about buying completed forma from Baro.

Consider Forma is the same drop rate with 15 ducat parts(and are usually on lith, the tier 1 fissure), even if you double the price it would be only worth for 30 ducats.

But, the Formas we earn on void fissure mission are the blueprints, and a blueprint for Forma and a finished Forma are totally diffrent, since we need 24 hours to made one. So, if he sell the Forma itself, not just blueprint, it is worth for 50~60+ ducats, really.

Regardless, you know the rule, even if he sells that he will not does all the times when we meet him....

Edited by DroopingPuppy

In your grinding to get Prime parts to sell for Ducats, how did you not get an avalanche of Forma anyways?

Forma has a place in the Plat store and shows up occasionally in events. The Ducat price would be high even though it is common/uncommon on some Relics because you have to burn a Relic to get one. That offsets the common/uncommon placement and that it is a Plat spending driver.

27 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

In your grinding to get Prime parts to sell for Ducats, how did you not get an avalanche of Forma anyways?

Forma has a place in the Plat store and shows up occasionally in events. The Ducat price would be high even though it is common/uncommon on some Relics because you have to burn a Relic to get one. That offsets the common/uncommon placement and that it is a Plat spending driver.

Exactly. I'm not against it, but it just seems redundant. If you're farming relics to get ducats, you should have many chances to get Forma. I have friends who are just completely against choosing Formas as a reward unless it's the only choice. They spend most of their plat on Forma 3 packs. I don't understand because why would you take prime junk that is worth less than 5 plat and no more than 15 ducats when you can get a Forma that is worth at least 10 plat?

Just choose the forma sometimes. Sometimes it's the best deal if you're always buying them anyways. 

15 hours ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

Not for 25 Ducats. 100 Ducats would be fair, a bit more than that would be fine as well. Considering that 1 Complete forma is 20p and a bundle is 35p.

You should also consider that a lot of people can easily farm that and would massively devalue the form in the market. DE should still be able to make money. Baro's price should be higher than the Market Plat value of the item. You buy things with plat coz it's faster that way. 

DE had no issues giving a crafted forma away for every plague star run. 

28 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

DE had no issues giving a crafted forma away for every plague star run. 

That was an event and it required either doing a run with all the things at 4/4. or doing 3 runs. That may not have been a lot for veterans. But for newer players that would take a bit of effort. Since Baro comes every 2 weeks, it will be a more consistent supply, that should be more limiting and harder to get.

I would like to get forma bp from him, but at a greater cost. The cost is not there just to make it harder for the player, but rather to give some incentive to buy the thing in the market instead. 

Complete forma would be fine, bp's not so much. The latter can be found in 90% of the relics the game has, diluting droptables enough as is.

It's already rare enough that Baro comes around with some useful stuff, no need make that even worse.

Edited by Leland_Gaunt
Typo

18 hours ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Forma blueprint is not, but Forma is.

So the complaint is not about formas, but about not having the resources to craft a forma?

I don't know how to say this nicely so I will go as neutral as possible. Based on this information, I have a pessimistic outlook for the newer player base of Warframe.

Edited by Unagi604
grammar

6 minutes ago, Unagi604 said:

So the complaint is not about formas, but about not having the resources to craft a forma?

I don't know how to say this nicely so I will go as neutral as possible. Based on this information, I have a pessimistic outlook for the newer player base of Warframe.

Probably moreso the crafting time since forma is more of a time gate than anything else.

35 minutes ago, Unagi604 said:

If you count time as a resource, then yes. The actual resources to make a forma are quite easy to aquire, but it requires 24 hours to make one.