Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ghouls] RNG lore is NOT acceptable!

JesterTheNight

The new lore fragments (encrypted jounal fragments) shouldn't be RNG! In 20+ bounties I only got 2 (TWO!), while sure, that's how rng works, and I had someone in alliance chat say they got 2 in 3 bounties, I feel this is unacceptable. Konzu even says that after completing a bounty he'd give us a page of the journal.

You should ALWAYS get one fragment as a mission reward while also being a bounty reward to grind faster. There's so many new entries in the codex and all of them require multiple fragments, this rng grind for LORE is just wrong. Sure, this will be a recurring event and there will be multiple occasions to grind this stuff up, but lore shouldn't be the grind incentive. At the very least up the drop rate or make it a common reward.

Also while we're at it, I guess DE learned nothing and put an exclusive stance in an event once again (welcome to 2015).

Edited by JesterTheNight

Yeah got to agree on this, some of the 'amounts' needed for things for this limited time event are rather excessive while other parts are dropping like candy. 

Really poor rng for the lore fragments.  

High requirements for certain codex scans, the alpha and target ghoul (think it's called this) need 20 scans which is the same as the normal ghouls that pop out from underground yet they only spawn once per stage of a mission (could even be just once per mission) so that means 20 runs minimum just for those. 

Weapon blueprints are dropping so frequently, with multiple times per mission in many cases, that within 3 runs I had multiples of ALL 'exclusive' items from the event except the fragments.  I've even managed to get extra stances too.  While I'm not complaining about decent rng on these the balance is just a little off if you insist we need to 'win' our fragments etc.   

Edited by LSG501

1 hour ago, b4timert said:

Im not sure about the fragments but the stance isnt event exclusive its dropped by ghouls. Even when the event end they will be added to the game sooner or later.

Well the event will come back in the future, but are the ghouls staying in the plains even when the event isn't on? If that's the case then it isn't exclusive.

11 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I've even managed to get extra stances too.

Wow... 30+ bounties in, still no stance for me (and only 5 fragments) ahahahah. At least the stance is sorta justified (but not really, it being the sole stance for a newly introduced type of melee weapon).

1 hour ago, b4timert said:

Im not sure about the fragments but the stance isnt event exclusive its dropped by ghouls. Even when the event end they will be added to the game sooner or later.

I agree with the OP about Lore. Lore drops shouldnt be an RNG Gamble.

As for the other stuff...RNG was on my side this time. My girl and I got both new Grineer weapons and the new Fan stance in the FIRST set of bounty missions. It was nuts. More than a month for Gara...20 minutes for this stuff. 

agreed, while its nice that they're trying a new way to get the lore bits...this isnt the way to go. you need 52 of those darn journal fragments, and you'll usually get 1 per run at most. if you're lucky, if you arent you just get a pile of relics or endo, and maybe multiples of the darn weapons ( i have like 6-7 Stubba BPs already, got 2 of them from one run at that)

1 hour ago, KingOfPredators said:

This smells like EA. Before shutting down studios, this is 1st thing that happens when EA bu... khm, did EA silently bought DE by any chance?!

Seriously, every time anything remotely goes they way a player doesn't want it's EA. Oh god I didn't get everything handed to me it must be EA. Put your tin foil hat away. They are trying different things. Go with it. Be happy the best free to play game on the planet still tries. And for the rest, for gods sake, look what you are getting for nothing. The fact that they put this much into a free game and still have to constantly put up with the whining, it's just mind boggling. Try once being grateful, it might surprise you.

This is a bit much.

At least with Ordis' memory fragments, they ALWAYS spawn on maps - it's just a matter of finding them and scanning them. There's a guarantee of finding something that helps tell the backstory to the game, a reward for poking around and really exploring levels. Finding out about Ordis' past and some of the backstory of Warframe this way was actually really fun.

This? It's like "You want to know more? Keep grinding this mission and we MIGHT give you some bits of pages to a particular chapter...." and I think that's a really crummy thing to do to us lore-hunters.

I'm normally very okay with warframe Grind. At MR 24 I kind of have to be. Having gotten all the Kuria, I REALLY have to be. But sweet jesus, this is past what I'm willing to deal with. I have the weapons. I have about 8 sets of "hunter" mods. I have more relics than I will ever want or need, each of them received with the same level of, uh, "joy" that I used to feel when I got chick tracts and raisins while trick-or-treating. I have gotten enough endo to supply woodstock a thousand times over. All I really want/need at this level is lore, but there's only so much I'm willing to do here. Please tell me you have something to fix it. I'm begging you.

3 hours ago, General_Durandal said:

I'm pretty sure this is a trolling from DE from all the times people demanded lore.

DE: You want lore? Well, you got to GRIND for it! Do you still want it?

It's certainly pretty inexcusable. Shame, too. Would have liked a peak at the Lore...but not at this cost.

These sorts of low effort issues give the game a bad rap.

1 hour ago, ZackOak said:

I'm normally very okay with warframe Grind. At MR 24 I kind of have to be. Having gotten all the Kuria, I REALLY have to be. But sweet jesus, this is past what I'm willing to deal with. I have the weapons. I have about 8 sets of "hunter" mods. I have more relics than I will ever want or need, each of them received with the same level of, uh, "joy" that I used to feel when I got chick tracts and raisins while trick-or-treating. I have gotten enough endo to supply woodstock a thousand times over. All I really want/need at this level is lore, but there's only so much I'm willing to do here. Please tell me you have something to fix it. I'm begging you.

Yeah, but the thing about the Kuria, is that they are always in the same spot, on the same tile.
Just like the Millennium Fish in the plains.

The journal however, is not only separated chapter/page by chapter/page,
but also only given randomly at the end of a timed event mission.

Now, if you always got a lore entry instead of Cetus standing, or with Cetus standing,
that would much better, and make Konzu not as much of a liar.

Konzu: Do this and i'll share some of his journal with you.
Me: Does the job, get's no journal pages.