Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ghouls] RNG lore is NOT acceptable!

JesterTheNight

21 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Guys you do realize the weapons themself drop from the Alpha Ghouls as well, right?

The only reason to bother with the event is the lore indeed.

3 minutes ago, Aid_Silent said:

ZreQCK3.jpg

really??? Maybe some changes in droprate?

DEAR DE, please, replace gun drops from Alpha Ghouls with lore drops.

It'll be enough to fix the problem for now.

Edited by Rinkata_Kimiku

I did one of the ghoul bounties once and the other twice, because that's what it took to get the weapon bps and I already had the Hunter mods.

As for the lore fragments: a grind/RNG this bad just feels like being punished for having any interest at all in the game's lore. I wouldn't grind that much for a game where the lore was top notch, and as much as I love Warframe, writing/lore is not DE's strong suit. You could read an entire series of well-written SF novels in the time it takes to grind out fragments (!) of bits of lore that probably aren't that great (sorry DE).

17 hours ago, FlinttheImmortal said:

"Well, it's another year and yet again we failed to deliver on our year-end content.  It's not a big deal, really.  The community will just swallow it as they always have, because, hey, we're just a poor, itty-bitty little studio who's been doing this same thing for over five years and have yet to learn how to budget time and manage resources.  The community excuses us for this stuff all the time.  No real reason to change, whatsoever.  Still, we do feel just a wee bit guilty 'bout the whole thing, so what should we give all our little tennos as a consolation? Any ideas?"

"Let's cobble together an event using assets we've been sitting on for months 'cause we couldn't come up with any ideas on how to utilize them thus far."

"That's a great idea!  But listen, we're all real short on time this year.  I mean, REAL short.  Like, we all bugger off on vacation in like two days.  Hardly enough time to add any real meat to this event.  What do we do about that?"

"Just recycle some old rewards.  They won't even notice."

"Great!  Still, probably end up a little short on the goodies.  We need something else."

"There's some story bits lying around that we could toss in as an added incentive."

"Good idea!  And so we don't have to do as much thinking on new content down the road, lets put the lore bits behind our Grand Exalted Mechanic RNG.  That's way, since not all tenno are going to get all the bits this time, we can reuse the same event again, and again, and again.  It's genius!  Content that keeps on giving!  We're piling up so many repeatable, RNG events we're barely going to have to do any creative work in the not too distant future.  Wonderful!"

RNG lore...?

Feh.

DE's really hit creative rock-bottom with this one.  RNG lore as an event reward?  Seriously?

DE needs to go back to the drawing board when it comes to the utilization of RNG.  It's getting damn repetitive, and damn boring.  It isn't engaging, and it sure isn't rewarding.  And it damn well shouldn't be applied to as many aspects of the game as possible.  I'm sure it's in the Geneva Conventions somewhere that RNG is not to be used to hold lore hostage.  Seriously DE, stop using RNG as a crutch mechanic every single time you run yourselves out of time on a content delivery.  If you can't be bothered to come up with anything better (ex. More thought out, or rather, thought out at all, because RNG is rather brainless), then just don't release the content until you have the time to refine it...assuming you don't get distracted by some other shiny in the meantime and forget about the whole thing.

Try doing some out-of-the-studio research when it comes to reward mechanics.  Surely there's more you can adapt from other developers than just tech and graphical improvements.  I'm fairly certain the community would greatly appreciate it.

This is precisely the issue. And it will kill player interest in this game.

Minimum Viable Product will only take you so far before even the most loyal of fans begin to drift. If you don't believe me, look at Elite Dangerous right now.

52 minutes ago, LuinCeltchar said:

I did one of the ghoul bounties once and the other twice, because that's what it took to get the weapon bps and I already had the Hunter mods.

As for the lore fragments: a grind/RNG this bad just feels like being punished for having any interest at all in the game's lore. I wouldn't grind that much for a game where the lore was top notch, and as much as I love Warframe, writing/lore is not DE's strong suit. You could read an entire series of well-written SF novels in the time it takes to grind out fragments (!) of bits of lore that probably aren't that great (sorry DE).

Got the weapon BP. Don't like Hunter mods, since Companions lack Vacuum, so...no reason to keep running it. Warframe writing isn't nearly strong enough to grind for snippets, that's for sure.

3 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Why are the hunter mods even the event again =.=

Isn't plague star supposed to be repeatable to begin with?

hope it won;t be i mena i dont mind this event but seriously hate this infested S#&$ rurnnig aorund plains during it

Edited by AVSManfred

Just now, AVSManfred said:

hope it won;t be i mena i dont mind this event but seriously hate this infested S#&$ rurnnig aorund plains during it

It is not about the "infested", the Zaws and Arcanes that came during the event are a lot more important in the long run for the player base.

4 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

It is not about the "infested", the Zaws and Arcanes that came during the event are a lot more important in the long run for the player base.

yeah i know but i honestly don't care aobut these that much, for me these zaw parts were just exp fodders...

6 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

^ This right here.

Not to mention it would be unfair to player-base outside of Cetus/Zaw grinds and farms to offer those rewards for an infested event or drop-table outside of Cetus. I can hear the Complain Threads now~

"Ugh! Stop trying to drag me into Cetus and the Plains with Zaw drops, DE! I didn't want to play there before, I don't wanna farm there now!!!"

5 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

^ This right here.

Not to mention it would be unfair to player-base outside of Cetus/Zaw grinds and farms to offer those rewards for an infested event or drop-table outside of Cetus. I can hear the Complain Threads now~

"Ugh! Stop trying to drag me into Cetus and the Plains with Zaw drops, DE! I didn't want to play there before, I don't wanna farm there now!!!"

Well i'm honestly jsut tierd of these boring recuring "events" i wish DE could set up agian somethiggn challenging like old times Tactical Alerts or other stuff liek that, somethign that coudl be a real challenege not jsut a borign grind for some exclusive junk...

Seriously remember Tactical Alert for Tempo Royale which had this special phase when we coudl get Rift Sigil and obtainig this sigil was so satysfying cuz it was so challenging to do... now most of these events don't really give that much fun as you cas quickly put your hands on most of the valuable rewards and say "ok i'm don let others finish this boring S#&$"

6 minutes ago, AVSManfred said:

well i mean we already came to this conclusion, reppeating it over and over agian won't help much

The community comes to a lot of conclusions. Repeating them over and over again is how we get DE to finally do something about them.

Have to say, this was a really, really bad idea. As a huge lore fan of the Warframe universe, having done over 10 missions and not gotten ANY journal fragments made me lose hope but after I read the previous posts regarding the drop chance and how you have fewer and fewer chances to get the drops as you acquire more... THAT made me die a bit inside. The amusing part is that these fragments have 0 ingame value and yet it's still valuable for those, such as myself, who love this universe and always delight in the tiny morsels of lore that we get, but this...?

Are you @(*()$ kidding us?! What did we do to deserve this?! Is this some joke?! No, just NO DE!! :angry:

I ask you kindly to NEVER EVER do this again. This was a really bad idea. It's close to Christmas and I don't have neither the time nor the inclination to do 100+ missions, in a time limited event which puts pressure on us, just to get a bite of lore!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Sorry if I come off a bit hard but this is just infuriating and the stupid part is that this is the first time I complain about the RNG and it's for an item that has 0 gawd damn ingame value! WTF?!

This is what you did to us DE! We're pissed about the drop chances of items that have no ingame value! We can't sell, trade or craft anything with those yet we put so much value in it.

Oh gawd I want to scream, laugh and cry at this situation.... :crylaugh:

Spoiler

Might also be due to the fact that Space Mom left us. Guess we're all a bit angry and sad.