Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ghouls] RNG lore is NOT acceptable!

JesterTheNight

4 hours ago, Lanying said:

come on get a grip. You dont need to farm this event, there will be other times this event will come.

A Government official being racist is unacceptable... this, this is just annoying.

un·ac·cept·a·ble

ˌənəkˈseptəb(ə)l
adjective

not satisfactory or allowable.
"unacceptable behavior"
synonyms: intolerable, insufferable, unsatisfactory, inadmissible, inappropriate, unsuitable, undesirable, unreasonable, insupportable; 
offensive, obnoxious, disagreeable, disgraceful, deplorable, beyond the pale, bad; 
a bit much, too much, not on
"the repair job on the gutters was unacceptable"

You want to be picky about what word choice I use/agree with in regard to my feelings about an event that locks lore behind heavily skewn RNG (and was calculated to take, on average, hundreds of runs)? Fine. Don't try to throw in completely unnecessary false equivalencies to make a point.

This grind is unacceptable. I cannot pay plat or trade to speed it up. I have no choice but to grind it out during whatever window the event is available.

Il y a 16 heures, ProfessorLitmus a dit :

oh look DE has once again shown they don't really care about this game anymore and just tossed the player base into the rng grind pit they have out back that they throw all their trash in. 

I'm not salty as you, but yeah, since PoE, they messed up pretty much everything with the RNG policy...

Still, I farmed 123 hemocythe cystolith with plage star (thx nekros) and it was just boring. Now that all rewards are on rng, it's frustrating. Why not give us fragment at the end of the mission just as konzu told ?!?

That would have been tolerable considering the amount of fragments to collect as the event would repeat on the future...

1 hour ago, Finara said:

I'm not salty as you, but yeah, since PoE, they messed up pretty much everything with the RNG policy...

Still, I farmed 123 hemocythe cystolith with plage star (thx nekros) and it was just boring. Now that all rewards are on rng, it's frustrating. Why not give us fragment at the end of the mission just as konzu told ?!?

That would have been tolerable considering the amount of fragments to collect as the event would repeat on the future...

Well i must admit that i'm kinda sick of vision that probablyn ow al the future even't will be going on PoE cuz "DE made it for us to play there" weel maybe if thye oculd make it more fun to play not just more boring grind... or if the droprate of most needed stuff liek Lesn or these fragments woudl be better, damn since DE moved lens drop aawya form sortie to PoE i got way more lenns for my school (Unairu btw) from trade than from drop...

The worst thing is also the weapon blueprint drops are also worthless in my opinion, you can't trade them i think, someone correct me if i am wrong,they take only space in the loot table away even more AND they can drop from enemys aswell, i had one drop in the mission from the Ghouls, so whats the point putting them in the loot drop of the bountys if the enemys in the mission itself also drop them?

I can understand having them in different locations as variety but having them like that is dumb, its like i would farm Endo in endless misisosn only for an Update ot hit where every ten killed enemy drops 500 Endo, so why should farm there if every mission now gives it anyway whiel i could do other things, this instead baiscly mocks you with rewards you have no use for right away anymore.

Its not like a resource you just not need anymore due you palyed long already, but a new mission basicly that gives exactly one worthful reward and turns worthless rigth away, because the stuff you want actually is so damn random, i cna life with grind and RNG but puttign it in this certain situation is reallly a mess.

Even if it comes back every few weeks, some peopel sitll are pushed under stress that it not stays all the time, its a bad design and one of those instances i can't defend DE on this and tehy should be ashamed of, its asad how much effort went to PoE only fora big disapointemnt, and with such events it feels like they put it in life support already becasue people abandon it rather quickly already. Poor bandaiding again.

Edited by Marine027

Nothing new to add but to say that with every poorly thought out method to boost player retention, such as this RNG lore, the less invested in the game I become.

Sure it doesn’t affect game play and is entirely optional content but the practice itself just reeks. Please stop taking advantage of your more compulsive playerbase and try to boost retention through engaging content.

As for me, the event has no more life in it, may as well incorporate the new units with the regular ones as they are entirely predictable and easily defeated as deployed in this event.

7 hours ago, AvatarX76 said:

Nothing new to add but to say that with every poorly thought out method to boost player retention, such as this RNG lore, the less invested in the game I become.

Sure it doesn’t affect game play and is entirely optional content but the practice itself just reeks. Please stop taking advantage of your more compulsive playerbase and try to boost retention through engaging content.

As for me, the event has no more life in it, may as well incorporate the new units with the regular ones as they are entirely predictable and easily defeated as deployed in this event.

Kinda agree wiht fact hat all that RNG bullcrap is annoying, but to make seriosuly engaging content 1st DE shoudl think about what makes current content not really engaging, i mean... combat system, mods syste and AI are stale and rust for so long that there is no way to make game more fun just by adding new content

Ok i am too stupid to really do the statistic.

Instead I run a simulation on R of 5000 players trying to get all 13 pages and using the drop rates of the tables. Two options:

-if the rewards continue to fill already full pages: it will take about 200 bounty try to get all (100 if you are really lucky, 300 if you are really unlucky), 66 hours of grind

-if the rewards fill only incomplete pages: it will take about 100 bounty try to get all (60 if you are really lucky, 140 if you are really unlucky), 33 hours of grind

Don't juge my bad coding habit:

Spoiler

inc <- function(x) {
  eval.parent(substitute(x <- x + 1))
}

try<-c()
for (i in 1:5000) { #if the rewards continue to fill already full pages
  lore<-rep(0,13)
  for (j in 1:400) {
    if (runif(1, 0, 1)<0.1818) {a<-sample(1:13, 1)
      inc(lore[a])}
    if (runif(1, 0, 1)<0.1818) {a<-sample(1:13, 1)
      inc(lore[a])}
    if (runif(1, 0, 1)<0.1695) {a<-sample(1:13, 1)
      inc(lore[a])}
    if (min(lore)>=4) {break}
  }
  try[ i ]<-j
}
hist(try, breaks = 100, xlim=c(0,400), col = "black")

try<-c()
for (i in 1:5000) { #if the rewards fill only incomplete pages
  lore<-rep(0,13)
  for (j in 1:400) {
    if (runif(1, 0, 1)<0.1818) {a <- sample(1:13, 1)
      inc(lore[a])}
    if (runif(1, 0, 1)<0.1818) {a <- sample(1:13, 1)
      inc(lore[a])}
    if (runif(1, 0, 1)<0.1695) {a <- sample(1:13, 1)
      inc(lore[a])}
    if (sum(lore)>=52) {break}
  }
  try[ i ]<-j
}
hist(try, breaks = 100, xlim=c(0,200), col = "black")

Edited by FUTD-Ravna

il y a 56 minutes, FUTD-Ravna a dit :

-if the rewards fill only incomplete pages: it will take about 100 bounty try to get all (60 if you are really lucky, 140 if you are really unlucky), 33 hours of grind

Even in the best case, it's still too much. Not everybody has the time or even the patience to farm that, even in long term.

Remember the Hema ? this weapon was a joke -> good, but grindy as hell to get. Still, we could see the progression* : you can farm it at your rhythm, whenever, wherever and with whoever you want.
Ghouls bounty system is a purge (*bad pun, sorry*) -> boring, time-limited (even if it repeats), you farm only for yourself, only on the plains and you don't see any progression* since RNG makes it all messy.

*By progression, I mean the way you are farming, as it all depends on your habits (warframes, maps and weapons, for exemple)

Edited by Finara

On 12/22/2017 at 10:50 AM, [DE]Aidan said:

Hey All,

Just chiming in here to shed a little more light on the Ghouls + Lore situation. As @DustyFlash has pointed out in their post above, the Ghouls will be a recurring occurrence on the Plains, they are not treated like other 1-time events. That means that there is no need to discover all of the fragments this time around, they will be back every couple weeks or so! 

Happy hunting!

Whew, I'm much less perturbed now haha. I can live with this, thanks.

More fuel to the fire - this is VERY bad. Ive only found a couple. So few in fact ive given up playing this mission once I got the codex entries for the new mobs.

There should simply have been at least one fragment spawn in the plains EVERY time you enter during the event (or even later) 

I play this game a lot. Currently almost all of it is on the plains and I was simply not going to unlock any of this so I walked away from this one.

I'm a huge lore fan. I go out of my way, in pretty much any game I play, to experience / find any piece of lore that I might be able to get.

I've been playing Warframe for years. Had (almost) no downtime playing the game, except after the first acolytes event.

I'm simply not going to bother with this. It pains and saddens me, but I just can't. Seriously, what the hell were they thinking ?! 60 hours of estimated farm of a time limited event, during Christmas holidays???

60 hours of mind-numbing, teeth-pulling, hair-tearing, bounty farming ?? Really DE ? And what do I get on the side for my pain ? Useless relics I'll never have time to open ? Useless blueprints I've already gotten in dozens from enemies drop ? Useless mods I've already had to farm in a month old event ?

Goddammit DE. I'm always trying to defend you and the choices you make, because you made, and are keeping alive, a fantastic game, despite all the challenges. I'm always trying to be the voice of reason when I see people criticizing you. But goddamn this is painful. I feel frustrated and insulted.

I've had a friend return to Warframe about a week ago. He had not played for about a year, because he burnt out. And now he's coming back, and trying to give the game an other chance, this is the kind of thing he has to face? Bloody hell DE. Keep going, and soon more people are going to leave than new players coming in from your new shinny content. And it frightens me.

(And to people who are going to tell me this is going to be a returning event : what does it change?)

(This is a copy-paste of what I've written in an other similar post. Just trying to keep them relevant, so when DE comes back from holidays, it's not lost in the void.)

16 hours ago, AVSManfred said:

Kinda agree wiht fact hat all that RNG bullcrap is annoying, but to make seriosuly engaging content 1st DE shoudl think about what makes current content not really engaging, i mean... combat system, mods syste and AI are stale and rust for so long that there is no way to make game more fun just by adding new content

For the last 2 years, every new enemy introduced - literally EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM - has SOME way to cheese players: AoE fire, knockdown spam, 360 degree aimbot grappling hooks, toxic/cold proc on death, constant electricity damage from a tiny, ankle high target (seriously, the Ratel is NOT what Corpus needed)...and lets not forget: Teleportation that doesnt even require the enemy to see, or even look at, the player character (the return of Grineer Mistake Commander).

With this much cheese on both sides of the combat fence, the game has finally devolved into what one player predicted on these forums 2 years ago. I forget who it was, but he said that in another couple of years, the game would be unplayable using actual interaction, that cheese or be cheesed would be the only way to play the game. And it turns out, he was right.

When your combat - your primary game play interaction - is THIS bad, no, new events will not help. Nothing will help, outside of a complete rebalance of your game to actually make interacting with fun again.

This is the only reason why I do the Ghouls now and it's gotten boring so fast. I was hoping a thread like this will be noticed and they'll put them in another way.

Could it have not been another situation for the scanner like always? Scan ghoul nests for a fragment.

This is going to be hema all over again. DE are away on holiday and when they get back they'll see people already completed this and say "these people have a sense of pride and accomplishment and we don't want to nullify that" or something and it wont change, its how they are unfortunately :(

il y a une heure, JumpinGopher a dit :

This is going to be hema all over again. DE are away on holiday and when they get back they'll see people already completed this and say "these people have a sense of pride and accomplishment and we don't want to nullify that" or something and it wont change, its how they are unfortunately :(

At least we could have farmed for the hema whenever and wherever we wanted

Btw, I hope this post will be popular enough to make DE react

Edited by Finara

vor 6 Stunden schrieb AuroraSonicBoom:

b946mC.png

For the record, this is about how many dupes you will have earned once you're done with the lore grind.

I think I've sold that many already and I'm still only at half the entries. Not to mention the 81 Lith T1 and 64 Neo S7 relics I've collected. Haven't seen any Endo, though.

7 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

b946mC.png

For the record, this is about how many dupes you will have earned once you're done with the lore grind.

Nope. No chance.

Theres a steam sale on. My money and free time went elsewhere. No way am i grinding for story bits. After narrative brought us Operator combat and a quest requiring Siphon Traps, of all things, i dont WANT any more narrative.