Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ghouls] RNG lore is NOT acceptable!

JesterTheNight

Well let me say what cough this event, laziness, thing that keeps pulling this game down for quite a while, DE just keep going on line of least resistance when applying new things or trying to change something,

- universal vacuum - they made mod from one sentinel exclusive to all sentinels, but still forgetting about pets
- weapon balance - they haven't touched any weapons stats instead they gave us that Riven bullS#&$ which actually made things worse
- dealing with "must apply" mods- they ignored this issue cuz there are already primed versions of them...

even Plains themselves aren't that much of innovation, we just got bigger chunk of terrain at once, Fishing is just spear guns whit throw as primary and baits/dyes as secondary, mining is just a bit upgraded scanner, bounties are simply chains of missions that were slightly changed to fit better the terrain, archwing combat is a joke, considering that the moment you get your archwing some grineer moron is going to take you down with these anti-air rockets...

But of course DE don't see this, they don't listen much to community feedback cuz we're just "loosers" who don't know anything about game development etc. and they are blind to see that new content is no longer enough to keep that game interesting cuz majority of it's mechanics is so stale it makes new content boring in a flash.

Honestly i just wish Sacrifice will be such letdown it will shot this game down for good, or at least so hard it will finally make DE think about their policy of "no fixing old S#&$", cuz so fr this is this old S#&$ which is a problem, not lack of content...

il y a une heure, Bibliothekar a dit :

So, with DE being back from holiday - any guesses if they've seen this and will react to it?

You have a beautiful reply from Aidan dating from the 22th of december in page 2.

Edited by Finara

vor 45 Minuten schrieb Finara:

You have a beautiful reply from Aidan dating from the 22th of december in page 2.

And he got a lot of flak for it on the following pages. Just for once I'd like to see a proper post-mortem of an event, but I guess that's too much to hope for. Probably because it feels like DE doesn't even do those just for themselves.

Just my two Cents. 52 Lore entrys with a really S#&$ty droppchance. its insane to think that someone that actually cares about the lore (like i am) would enjoy this. I farmed for more than 40 in mission Hours intense (15 minutes runs per bounty) and got a really bad burnout after this S#&$. I know that there are many many complains about this on the first 8 pages but please dont do this again... atleast make it uncommon or set the dropprates to something higher than 5%.

And they said they were looking into reducing grind.One step foward,two steps back.

I got more fragments than op did but when I got a sense of how much time would it take for me to farm all of them, I just stopped after I got all weapon bp's and new stance.I don't know any of my friends that managed to get all of them even they were farming it like crazy.Pure waste of time.

I love this game too much to place myself in a situation where I would actually start to hate it.

Il y a 3 heures, RistN a dit :

And they said they were looking into reducing grind.One step foward,two steps back.

I got more fragments than op did but when I got a sense of how much time would it take for me to farm all of them, I just stopped after I got all weapon bp's and new stance.I don't know any of my friends that managed to get all of them even they were farming it like crazy.Pure waste of time.

I love this game too much to place myself in a situation where I would actually start to hate it.

Me either

Welp, the ghouls are back, drop table didn't change, drop rate either, time to dig up this topic !

RNG based Lore is still a bad Idea, ghoul event still sucks (literally) drop table is still useless and drop rates are still as annoying as possible.

Edited by Finara

à l’instant, AVSManfred a dit :

Welll looksl like DE haven't learnd their lesson... so bad ghould don't have this thred timer like Fomorians or Razorback events, so we ocudl simply let the ghouls wreck cetus to show DE we don't want events like that

Yep, that would have been better.

And here we are again. The ghouls are back and LORE is stil locked behind a ridiculous RNG grindwall that is boring and tedious.

Nothing has changed. Journal fragments are still an uncommon drop and they are drops instead of an end of mission GUARANTEED reward as they should be. Even if it was a guaranteed drop you'd still need to run the same repetetive boring AoE cc on death garbage that the ghoul purge is.

Hey all,

Popping back in here to just make a few notes. Firstly, the return of the Ghouls on the Plains is a good sign for us. It helps us know that our systemic implementation of this type of recurring feature works and that it is one less thing for us to worry about in the future. As we continue to ramp up development again after our holiday break, this is something we are going to keep looking into.

As for the returning complaints over the Ghoul related lore journal fragments, we have read your issues, particularly with the infrequency of drops and the overall time spent trying to collect them all, and have requested another revision of the drop tables to hopefully address these issues.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

Hey all,

Popping back in here to just make a few notes. Firstly, the return of the Ghouls on the Plains is a good sign for us. It helps us know that our systemic implementation of this type of recurring feature works and that it is one less thing for us to worry about in the future. As we continue to ramp up development again after our holiday break, this is something we are going to keep looking into.

As for the returning complaints over the Ghoul related lore journal fragments, we have read your issues, particularly with the infrequency of drops and the overall time spent trying to collect them all, and have requested another revision of the drop tables to hopefully address these issues.

Thanks!

Pffff believe this talk once i see a hotfix with clear note in Red Text about better drop of journal fragments, besides this isn't only problem as drop pool is just boring, we could use soemtihng more than mods form other event that is supposed to be recurring, like lenses or other USEFULL stuff like that

il y a 6 minutes, [DE]Aidan a dit :

Hey all,

Thanks!

Yay !

5 minutes ago, AVSManfred said:

Pffff believe this talk once i see a hotfix with clear note in Red Text about better drop of journal fragments, besides this isn't only problem as drop pool is just boring, we could use soemtihng more than mods form other event that is supposed to be recurring, like lenses or other USEFULL stuff like that

Hey there,

As I said, we have asked for a revision of the drop tables and will do our best to keep you all updated about upcoming changes to the system. I would just like to remind you that we obviously value community feedback, but prefer when it is worded thoughtfully, this includes tone as well. :)

12 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

Hey all,

Thanks!

Good to hear the idea of recurring Plains events and the drop might get looked at.

4 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

Hey there,

As I said, we have asked for a revision of the drop tables and will do our best to keep you all updated about upcoming changes to the system. I would just like to remind you that we obviously value community feedback, but prefer when it is worded thoughtfully, this includes tone as well. :)

Well it's hard to keep calm tone once you're frustrated with neccesity of repeating the same boring stuff, without even being sure if you got what you want, and seriosuly Hunter mods are pointless in this drop pool considering thye are going to be also drop form Plauge Star if this event will return and from what i heard it supposed to be recurring too, relics aren't also that much of good option, we can simply farm for them on other locations, i tihnk more lenses could be really good idea

Edited by AVSManfred

@[DE]Aidan

Thanks for the timely response!

Knowing that a rework for the drop tables is being considered for lore fragments at least partially alleviates my major concern about this event. I won't run any more of these bounties until such a time as the drop tables get a look at and get updated so that the story of the Ghouls can be told in less than 2,500 runs of the bounty, which is hopefully soon.

13 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

Hey there,

Crafted Formas from PoE events is a good habit, please consider that.

47 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

Hey all,

Thanks!

Good to hear. You might want to relay the following to whoever decided on how long the acquisition of the lore fragments should take players: There's a sharp falloff in regards to making players grind for rewards with very low drop chances, especially if they need a boatload of the same and only have one viable alternative way of playing to accomplish that. It's a recipe for causing frustration and burnout. My opinion is that should you want to work against burnout and frustration but still make players grind for a prolonged amount of time without (>10 average play sessions), you're better off increasing the drop chance of the item and compensate with the overall number of items required in order to retain the total time invested. Players feel less burned out if they sense that they're making progress.

If player needs 10 of a given item with a drop chance of 50% from a mission, with each mission taking 5 minutes, they'll have play for 100 minutes, with items dropping every 10 minutes on average.

If they only need 5 of that item, but the drop chance was 25%, again with a mission taking 5 minutes, they'll also have to spend 100 minutes in total, on average, however the progress interval - the time between a player experiencing a progress based reward - increases to 20 minutes.

Now add to that the subconscious pressure of having only a limited time to accomplish that task until the mission becomes unavailable for an indeterminate amount of time, and you amplified any negative feelings of stress caused by low progress intervals.

I hoped you would have learned from the game design flaws of the old Void and realized that stringing players along with small breadcrumbs is a generally more enjoyable experience than starving them out for hours and days before shoving a 6 course meal into their faces. There's a place for ultra rare stuff that only drops every once in a blue moon, but those items should not be of a nature that makes players feel they need it.

20 hours ago, [DE]Aidan said:

Hey there,

Here's an idea: Give a guaranteed fragment to every single run in addition to the random ones since that is what Konzu promises us.