The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghouls Highlight Everything Wrong with Enemy Design

BlackCoMerc

Grapple hooks are my chief annoyance though the invisible scrambus auras are a close second. I would really like the ability to dodge or cut these off with quick reactions rather than be locked up for the entire duration. 

As for the ghouls my strategy was to use itzal and sit in penumbra while pulling a pharah and raining fire from above

10 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

Grapple hooks are my chief annoyance though the invisible scrambus auras are a close second. I would really like the ability to dodge or cut these off with quick reactions rather than be locked up for the entire duration. 

As for the ghouls my strategy was to use itzal and sit in penumbra while pulling a pharah and raining fire from above

I hid in the bushes and took them out at long-range with Tenora's charge shot. it worked... until a group burst out of the ground beneath me

How fast are grapple attacks of Ghouls? Because for example you can evade Ancient Healers knockdown tentacle every single time as long as you see them using it, by just moving to the side.

Also, did a larger portion of a playerbase just forgot they can modify warframes or what?
Do you know the existence of Handspring, which makes knockdowns a non-issue?
Do you know there are several mods with resist knockdown?
Shouldn't you be modifying a warfram to deal with a situation when you do have the tools to do so?

There is also Antitoxin mod, which cuts toxic dmg by half.

Edited by Shajirr

1 hour ago, LuckyCharm said:

As for the ghouls my strategy was to use itzal and sit in penumbra while pulling a pharah and raining fire from above.

I agree about both hooks and invisible auras. It's like someone at DE doesn't want us to enjoy interaction with their game. Like it's intentionally tedious.

Think I will try Titania next, and just chew them up from above.

50 minutes ago, Shajirr said:

How fast are grapple attacks of Ghouls? Because for example you can evade Ancient Healers knockdown tentacle every single time as long as you see them using it, by just moving to the side.

Also, did a larger portion of a playerbase just forgot they can modify warframes or what?
Do you know the existence of Handspring, which makes knockdowns a non-issue?
Do you know there are several mods with resist knockdown?
Shouldn't you be modifying a warfram to deal with a situation when you do have the tools to do so?

There is also Antitoxin mod, which cuts toxic dmg by half.

Those mods would be nice...if Steel Fiber, Vitality, Stretch, Continuity/Prime Continuity and Intensify weren't required just to survive and make most abilities even remotely useful.

After mandatory mods, there's little room left for actual customization.

Ranged combat is mostly safe (from a few bounties experience), in melee blocking stops the pulls (so do momentum weapons, but i can see how it could be annoying on stuff like nikanas), for the clouds, id love to see them be dispersible with a jump-slam attack (not removing the procs or anything if you normally walk in them, just be able to clean them after they appear).

5 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

Ranged combat is mostly safe (from a few bounties experience), in melee blocking stops the pulls (so do momentum weapons, but i can see how it could be annoying on stuff like nikanas), for the clouds, id love to see them be dispersible with a jump-slam attack (not removing the procs or anything if you normally walk in them, just be able to clean them after they appear).

Yeah, stay moving, and Arca Plasmor with Viral. Those are big, fleshy targets, perfect for the Maliwan Shotgun.