Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator Idle Animations: Face Expression And Morphs are wrong and need tweaking

Casardis

With update 22.8.0, the Tenno Operators now have new idle animations. Along with it, the face expression will also change, which is a nice addition to give more life to the character.

However, as of now, the facial animations changes the structure of her face drastically, to the point that it doesn't look like my own Operator in a way. It's as if, for the kind of face she has, it would be impossible to pull off these faces, since it goes to the point of changing the shape of her cheekbones unnaturally,etc.

While some may call it minor, to me who customized my Operator to look a certain way as a character, and to have her involved in the WF story, it's an important and noticeable discrepancy. In fact, it's the very first thing I noticed when I previewed the animations. Note that these "wrong morphs" happen to all schools' animation. And before people say this, no it's not a matter of perspective. I compared her face with how my Operator appears even in The War Within cutscenes (screenshots provided at the end, in a spoiler tab).

Here are comparisons.
Left is "None" AKA how she should look
Right is "Unairu" (Unairu and Vazarin share the same base expression) AKA her face's weird

xOvrCK1.jpg

n0L0YR7.jpg

itqzHGs.jpg

Here's specifically everything wrong I saw in a glance.

8llIzZn.jpg

To prove my point on how the animations have the wrong morphs, here are screenshots from The War Within quest, where the Operator had a wide variety of expressions. Yet, in every single one of them, none of the things I pointed out above applies, as her facial structure is still correct. She keeps the roundness of her features, from cheekbones to the wide nose. Her face never gets "pulled down" like the current idle animations do.

Spoiler

fkMxyrg.jpg

sY2X23V.jpg

lEOVK5z.jpg

8Enjkbz.jpg

NnqHpSx.jpg

MW0OPMF.jpg

0jSG0im.jpg

Please fix my Tenno before Christmas. Thank you. ;_;

Edited by Casardis

It goes the same for Madurai (From what I personally saw). For me, the biggest thing was my Tenno's nose was pointed up slightly, making it just look off.

I'm fairly certain DE is aware of this, and are working on fixing it. I love these new animations. This update was guuuuuuuud. 

Just now, Vicsvinny said:

It goes the same for Madurai (From what I personally saw). For me, the biggest thing was my Tenno's nose was pointed up slightly, making it just look off.

I'm fairly certain DE is aware of this, and are working on fixing it. I love these new animations. This update was guuuuuuuud. 

I only showed Vazarin/Unairu since that's what I use, but as I pointed out, "these "wrong morphs" happen to all schools' animation."

Hope it's considered. Animations are usually further down their list from what I see. :(

Can confirm that I am seeing this problem as well for every Focus School Anim Set. Tested by walking into a corner and turning my camera around, alternating moving and not moving.

While moving with any anim equipped, face is normal, but when you stop and let the Anims kick in, it morphs into what has been illustrated above. Very, very odd indeed.
Hopefully this gets patched soon, maybe tomorrow. But if not, so be it. d:
I'm okay not using them for now.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

17 hours ago, ZackNeutron said:

So, how did you managed your operator to facing straight?

My operator not even facing straight, kinda hard to edit the face now.
(Basic Stance)

You have to stay in your Warframe when editing Operator.
If you click "Customize" for your Operator while controlling them, that bug you are experiencing will occur.

• 3 weeks later...