Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helios Prime sentinel not scanning.

FawneDaBear

• 1 month later...

I'm gonna Nekro this thread because I'm having the same issue, I used normal helios and everything was normal... switched to helios prime and the problems began, hope DE fix this soon

En 8/4/2018 a las 2:05, catoverlord60 dijo:

there is a mod called investigator 

you need it to scan stuff 

here is a link to the mod: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Investigator

No Sh%&; Sherlock, plenty of people saying that helios isn't scanning despite the fact that they have the investigator mod maxed out, do u even read bro???

Edited by Dahana1993

Seems to still be problems. My Helios Prime appears to scan the enemies I would expect (although it's a bit hard to predict since I have full codex entries for a lot), but it ignores lots of cephalon fragments and, as far as I can tell, some somachord fragments too.

• 1 month later...

Can confirm, still having the same issue. Helios Prime seems to reset after starting a new mission but eventually bugs out as before. The farthest I've gotten so far with it was ~65 scans before it stopped.

Same problem here, just noticed it and was thinking "wtf? I didn't put all the same mods from my normal Helios?" prime versions should not just be a copy with changed stats? 

Edited by Dhael

I heard it only used Codex Scanners, but apparently it can use Synth Scanners as well?

Anyhow, I dusted it off to collect plants for the Silver Grove specters, but the scans have been inconsistent -- and Investigator is definitely equipped, but doesn't seem to collect plants. If the plants are complete, is it supposed to ignore them?

Are you all taking into consideration how priority is handled with his precepts?? top left for highest priority and top bottom right for lowest, I'm a codex completitionist myself and it has never failed to me so far, nor the normal Helios version nor the Helios Prime, both with full builds and several Formas already.

Ofc it has some problems both versions scanning cefalon/music fragments due to LOS issues, mostly of the times I needed to move into higher ground or a box for them to scan something properly. On the other hand it won't scan anything if it's already completed in the codex, be it enemies, objects or plants.

My Helios build having into account precepts priorities, from top left to bottom right:

[Investigator] - [Guardian] - [Medi-Ray] - [Animal Instinct] - [Vacuum]

[Armor mod] - [HP mod] - [Shield mod] - [His attack precept mod] - [Regen/Primed Regen]

This way it will always try to scan at first sight if possible, if not it will keep me Shielded and/or Healed and in last instance it will attack any enemy near me.

Hope this helps everyone 🙂

Edited by Gorgorex
Fixed some typos.

On 2018-07-14 at 4:53 AM, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

If the plants are complete, is it supposed to ignore them?

It ignores anything that is complete in your codex. Enemy, resource pile, plant, all will be ignored if the entry is complete. Once your codex is nearly full, it's useful for those rarer things that still need a few more that you might otherwise kill and forget or not notice is a variant. But yeah, you're likely going to need to manually scan plants to make apothics for spectre farming.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ticket: #1404852

The issue is is still present, even after us repeatedly writing about it.
Hope the added metadata and EE.log in my ticket may shed some light.

Often, Helios will suddenly stop scanning anything.

Wether there is 2000 scanners equipped, or just a synthesis scanner (which Helios uses even without codex scanner charges), he often decides to stop performing scan duty.

This bug has also affected the mod [Astral Autopsy] at times. (Archwing)
Killing 10 Shield hellion eximi, and still getting an empty entry in your codex.

Spoiler

zGMDBKi.jpg

jdkfgtG.jpg

• 1 month later...

Chiming in with the same problem, seems to be both helios and helios prime. And regardless of investigator mod position. I haven't tried downgrading the mod because, cmon lets be serious here...

It seems to be especially bad after the chimera patch (disregarding previous periods of issues).

What irks me isn't that there is a bug (there are lots, most of which we can work around). What irks me is that there is a well reported and documented bug that basically negates the very purpose of a sentinel completely.

For the record before another wisecracker posts "equip investigor" or "it will only scan non complete entries" and similar. Yes, we know. Currently it is more often than not doing absolutely nothing regardless of the setup, widgets, charges, types of charges and investigator mod position. Whereas a manual scan will produce the desired result.

Edit:
On a somewhat related note, Oberons passive (normal and prime version) no longer seem to have any effects on feral kavats in derelicts. Feral kavats used to both turn friendly (or neutral) and show as allies on the map while using Oberon. This is no longer the case.  I see that Oberons passive was (sadly) changed 😞

Edit 2:
I found another anomaly while searching for feral kavats and doing *sigh* manual scans, since helios was doing absolutely nothing (btw, i could not replicate helios scanning in operator mode as the previous poster suggested). Anyway, at 9 scans the 10th scan made the scan counter go down to 7. Subsequent scans correctly counted upwards past 9.

Edited by Onds

Me too. Last few weeks my Helios won't scan anything. Just to be sure it was a bug I started scanning somachords and cephalons manually, and lo and behold my Helios Prime won't do it's job. 

Seems this has been a bug for a long time. Feelsbadman.