Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[BUG] Hybrid Physx Disabled

incontrovertible

Hello DE,

I got myself a GT 1030 today and cannot enable Physx in-game with the option being greyed out.

I am running an RX 480 as my main card with the GT 1030 as a PPU, however summer 2016 nVidia lifted their artificial restriction that locks Physx off when an AMD GPU is installed. The following video 2017 Hybrid Physx: AMD RX 480 + nVidia GT 1030 [Working] was recorded today by me and shows performance with CPU Physx, GPU Physx and no Physx. For more information read the video description.

As the option is greyed out I am assuming that the game works under the assumption that any AMD GPU disables Physx or that the game doesn't use a dedicated PPU? It would be fantastic to get the option working using such setups.

Thank-you DE for your time.

Edited by incontrovertible

• 4 weeks later...

Heya Tenno,

After contacting Warframe Support and some troubleshooting later the Dev Team is being made aware of this issue. If anyone has a Hybrid setup I would recommend sharing your status here and if it isn't working to submit a Support Ticket.

If you are interested in Hybrid Physx I have confirmed it to be working with the Arkham and Borderlands series (albeit smoke had to be disable in Knight at time of testing). I would imagine most titles work unless the game assumes an installed AMD card blocks Physx functionality (which to reiterate was changed end of 2016 by Nvidia). The more CUDA cores the better for Physx but you do not need to go crazy, the GT 1030 works fine and can be had for $80-100AUD as well as requiring no fan or power.

Have fun times Tenno.

• 4 weeks later...