Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.8.1

[DE]Drew

Additions:

• Declining an invite to Orbiter will now prevent additional invites for 15 seconds. Repeatedly declining invites will increase the 15 second duration. You’ll no longer receive stacks of invites from repeated requests. 

Fixes:

• Fixed missing mesh on Vahd Greaves. 
  • Fixed lighting in Personal Quarters. 
  • Fixed Ballistica Prime not creating proper ‘Ghost’ on Charged Attack kill. 
  • Fixed operator not facing the right way when getting back in their chair after customization with a stance equipped. 
  • Fixed Operator air sliding back into their seat.
  • Fixed a script error in Nidus' Larva that could prevent casting in some situations.
  • Fixed ghoul assassinate not counting kills if it started at an area previously used by a ghoul exterminate.
  • Fixed missing chat messages when people were kicked.
  • Optimized memory use in the Orbiter to help reactionary 32-bit people.
  • Fixed potential crash during host migration.
  • Fixed Blade and Gun Stencil & updated Grineer Fury for Personal Quarters.
  • Fixed only a single copy of a decoration being returned from a Vignette being returned if it contained multiples of the same type. 
  • Fixed Conclave being unplayable for clients.
  • Fixed Personal Quarters using client’s favourite Warframe. 
  • Fixed client not seeing lure tethers connecting to Teralyst. 

WHO was in charge of the idea to give us Stalker family on the FRIGGIN XMAS ? Insanely poor timing and thinking.

Any chance we can get some fix for Corinth's alt fire ? Feels so useless and lacking in power by ALLOT.

Some had problems understanding what i want to be bit changed with Corinth's alt fire, so here's bit more info >>>>> MAKE IT BLOW UP ON CONTACT and not 18-20 meters.

If a player used it and died they deserve that death.

Merry Christmas yous lot! Hope you had a good 2017, and an even better 2018.

Just as a quick note, before the damage 2.5 changes, would it be alright if I post what I would rather prefer? 

Great! So:

The proposed changes for damage 2.5 have been released, and I finally got around to reading them - all I can say is that, despite how I see that DE wants to make Slash fall in line with Puncture and Impact, as it stands, even with the proposed changes, Slash will still dominate. Why? Because it actually kills things and furthers our advancement through the game.

The proposed changes will have Impact cause staggers that range from the enemy stumbling, to being flung across the map based on the damage of the proc. This is ludicrous, and will probably lead to most Impact/ Status weapons being abandoned, as nobody wants to deal with throwing enemies around then having to chase after them, increasing the time you spend messing around with a single Bombard or Nox. 

Puncture will do reduced damage, from 10% to 75% depending on the proc damage. Puncture right now is at 30% damage reduction and is still useless as a proc, so the 10% to 30% region will matter even less. After the 30% to 75% there is potential, but just take a low damage Impact weapon, stun lock the enemy and huzzah - 100% damage reduction. As such, this is almost a useless change in the broader image of the game.

Slash is not being changed, but as the damage of procs is being changed from TOTAL base damage, to INDIVIDUAL damage type damages, Slash will be nerfed, so the damage will be brought down. This would be fine, but a lot of weapons right now rely on Hunter Munitions, so unless I'm missing something, weapons with no slash damage will not be able to use Hunter Munitions, and if they do, they will be treated to lovely 0 damage slash procs. 

My proposed alternatives:

Bear in mind I'm not a designer, nor do I know where DE wants to take these, I drafted some ideas up myself. 

Impact - This one can remain as a stagger, but can range in duration - 0.5 to 2 seconds depending on Impact damage at the time of the proc, the enemy during this time will take damage and that damage will have the finisher damage bonus applied. This would bring it in-line with the others in terms of damage as well as giving it the niche of some light cc that wouldn't immediately frustrate players. 

Puncture - This can be a one time single damage proc, the equivalent of a rupture inside the enemy, that ignores shields and armor and scales with the armor of the enemy. This fits with how puncture is supposed to be the counter to armor, but right now isn't really doing much. 

Slash - Nothing needs changing here really, maybe just nerf the damage scaling of it slightly instead of changing how procs will scale with damage. This will cure the Hunter Munitions issue.

Can we see a fix for Vomvalyst spawns? Teralyst runs have become a chore and a "hunting Vomvalysts simulator". I spent at-least 10-15 minutes per night cycle looking for these things. The introduction of these new Eidolons will just be more tiresome if they have to rely on these terrible and RNG-based spawns. I made a post about the reaccurance of fixing bugs before spawns here:

90C0652DDFCBC45E4C08EBB511680F5957D088E8

So... when you all get back, could you fix the Lotus and UI lying to us in Siphon missions plz?

It's been almost a year now and she's still telling us to attack the Braids, the Siphon still has a red healthbar despite being invulnerable, which would denote a gray healthbar, etc.

Was this even fixed yet? I'm guessing not.

Also, why the heck are you gating Codex Fragments behind the RNG of temporary Bounties? Some of us actually care about it, I've only gotten like 3 fragments in the last day, at this rate event will be over long before I managed to get them all.

Thanks for the fixes.

Could the unbounded overlay map have a review? It was awkward before, but it's painful in PoE.
Mini map is too small, overlay map is too big. We need the ability to set map size, location, and bounds - or to provide a 3rd map option that's 2-3x the size of the mini map.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/768434-overlay-map-is-unbounded-which-makes-aiming-difficult-sometimes

Kuva placement and visibility problems on infested tiles needs some attention
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/826536-kuva-siphon-placement-and-kuva-visibility-problems/

Ability use should not be blocked while fishing spear is equipped
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/883074-fishing-spear-should-not-block-ability-use/

Other issues:
* Range for melee weapons should be listed in game and on wikia.
* Gara's Splinter Storm should not break corpus windows when you run past
* JV docking errors still occur
* Switching to/from operator with a high ping takes several seconds, e.g. 500ms ping taking 5s to switch is unreasonable
* Leaving group at extraction in PoE does not trigger extract - you need to leave the extraction area and come back through the door
* https://forums.warframe.com/topic/886896-warframe-abilities-should-work-on-firbolgs-and-bolkors

QoL improvements:
* Ambient ship + dojo sounds need a separate volume setting (currently controlled by sound effects)
* Message beep volume should have a separate setting (currently controlled by sound effects)
* Trade interface needs multi-select, similar to selling for ducats or credits. Current interface is awkward
* Relic enrichment interface is awkward when enriching 10+ - click relic, click radiant, click ok, refresh screen, repeat. This should allow multiple, or at least not reset selection

Thanks and happy Xmas!

P.S. Fix some other bugs too please:

• Minimap position (Overlay map) resets to top left after "leave/stay" screen to default position. I find it more convinient for me to use minimap in right side of screen and has appropriate setting on, so why does it reset?
  • Kuva amount is hidden in mods section until one selects riven mod. Either show it or hide endo too.
  • Crafting: reduce amount of owned blueprints by one after crafting process has been started. (ex. I have 2 BPs of forma, I craft it and when it's built it still shows I have 2 BPs. I press "claim" and suddenly it becomes 1 BP. It's confusing.)
  • Mirage and Zenistar. Aren't Mirage's doppelgangers supposed to copy all things she do? When Mirage releases Zenistar's disk, then casts "Hall of Mirrors" and then does charged attack, Zenistar's disk returns to player, while doppelgangers throw 4 disks.
  • Sprint detection: holding shift while standing still will break Ivara's Prowl (just why, it should be SPRINT-modifier + walking to count as Sprinting);

Archived