Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.8.1

[DE]Drew

2 hours ago, Asphyxxia said:

Merry Christmas yous lot! Hope you had a good 2017, and an even better 2018.

Just as a quick note, before the damage 2.5 changes, would it be alright if I post what I would rather prefer? 

Great! So:

The proposed changes for damage 2.5 have been released, and I finally got around to reading them - all I can say is that, despite how I see that DE wants to make Slash fall in line with Puncture and Impact, as it stands, even with the proposed changes, Slash will still dominate. Why? Because it actually kills things and furthers our advancement through the game.

The proposed changes will have Impact cause staggers that range from the enemy stumbling, to being flung across the map based on the damage of the proc. This is ludicrous, and will probably lead to most Impact/ Status weapons being abandoned, as nobody wants to deal with throwing enemies around then having to chase after them, increasing the time you spend messing around with a single Bombard or Nox. 

Puncture will do reduced damage, from 10% to 75% depending on the proc damage. Puncture right now is at 30% damage reduction and is still useless as a proc, so the 10% to 30% region will matter even less. After the 30% to 75% there is potential, but just take a low damage Impact weapon, stun lock the enemy and huzzah - 100% damage reduction. As such, this is almost a useless change in the broader image of the game.

Slash is not being changed, but as the damage of procs is being changed from TOTAL base damage, to INDIVIDUAL damage type damages, Slash will be nerfed, so the damage will be brought down. This would be fine, but a lot of weapons right now rely on Hunter Munitions, so unless I'm missing something, weapons with no slash damage will not be able to use Hunter Munitions, and if they do, they will be treated to lovely 0 damage slash procs. 

My proposed alternatives:

Bear in mind I'm not a designer, nor do I know where DE wants to take these, I drafted some ideas up myself. 

Impact - This one can remain as a stagger, but can range in duration - 0.5 to 2 seconds depending on Impact damage at the time of the proc, the enemy during this time will take damage and that damage will have the finisher damage bonus applied. This would bring it in-line with the others in terms of damage as well as giving it the niche of some light cc that wouldn't immediately frustrate players. 

Puncture - This can be a one time single damage proc, the equivalent of a rupture inside the enemy, that ignores shields and armor and scales with the armor of the enemy. This fits with how puncture is supposed to be the counter to armor, but right now isn't really doing much. 

Slash - Nothing needs changing here really, maybe just nerf the damage scaling of it slightly instead of changing how procs will scale with damage. This will cure the Hunter Munitions issue.

Really like the proposed changes for Impact, great points, No one wants to spend more time ragdolling and chasing enemies flung across the map. Sure it is fun, Efficient vs puncture or Slash ? not really.  

Longer stun duration when hit by impact/ blast, or even allowing finisher damage would be so ideal, maybe even bring it up to parr with slash dmg. 

As a player who focuses builds on CC , and AoE, finisher dmg is the best way to finish off the enemy.  Much like hydroid's undertow ability that sets enemies up for Finishers. 

2 hours ago, Inkogni said:

WHO was in charge of the idea to give us Stalker family on the FRIGGIN XMAS ? Insanely poor timing and thinking.

Any chance we can get some fix for Corinth's alt fire ? Feels so useless and lacking in power by ALLOT.

Some had problems understanding what i want to be bit changed with Corinth's alt fire, so here's bit more info >>>>> MAKE IT BLOW UP ON CONTACT and not 18-20 meters.

If a player used it and died they deserve that death.

Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

As always thanks for the fixes!!!

Have myself few fixes to report:

- In the aquariums the large fishes are unable to move (getting stuck)

- The squad members invited to orbiter cannot seem to see the fishes in the aquarium.

- The mandichord in also not audible to the invited tennos

Would be great if they are fixed asap. :)

Much love, DE

It was said to have 4 ghoul bounties but in-game only has 2, and they keep dropping the same PoE fragments. 

The drop data doesn’t have the ghoul bounties entries, so we don’t even know how to go about collecting all the PoE fragments. 

Il y a 1 heure, Acersecomic a dit :

Wrong, anyone in my MOON clan who actually went and farmed got what they were looking for, and I actually farmed up ALL of the Acolyte mods.

As for their timing... oh I dunno... PEOPLE SPEND IT WITH THEIR FAMILIES OR TRAVEL! I for one won't be home for 8 freaking days!
The timing is absolutely horrible.

Nothing to add.

DE, have a good rest and come back with renewed and ideas.

You know, we all tenno are teenages with sprawling hormones, we have all gone to dance parties and we have our own room now...

I wonder if we can move on beyond handshakes, how about hugs and kisses? That should not break your M rating. Considering that some tenno have celebrated nuptia, it is odd they only get to handshake.

Operator hairs are still very clippy or invisible or something.

On controller when switching back to warframe you'll sometimes use your powers if you press one of the face buttons two quickly.

4 hours ago, Inkogni said:

WHO was in charge of the idea to give us Stalker family on the FRIGGIN XMAS ? Insanely poor timing and thinking.

Any chance we can get some fix for Corinth's alt fire ? Feels so useless and lacking in power by ALLOT.

Some had problems understanding what i want to be bit changed with Corinth's alt fire, so here's bit more info >>>>> MAKE IT BLOW UP ON CONTACT and not 18-20 meters.

If a player used it and died they deserve that death.

yes DE please make corinth alt fire blow up on impact. shouldnt u reward the player when they make direct hits, not punish them?

i see no one is mentioning the fact that the cetus missions is still bugged, you start a quest from konzu and as soon as you reach the gate to go to mission, someone decides to leave the group, as soon as he does the mission is no more, like it is there, when you press esc you can abort mission but there is no mission to abort, im resorting to solo farming to prevent this from happening, that is not fun anymore, plz fix this, farming standing is hard enough, dont make it more unpleasant as it already is

About our new weapon Corinth:

Currently, the primary fire just feels like a stronger but slower Vaykor Hek, and alt fire seems like a good CC and can spread proc. But after nearly 80mins of testing and playing in the battlefield, the alt fire cannot denotate properly in the small tileset. It lacks damage, and cannot proc reliably. I mod it to 87% status chance, 50% of altfire damage become viral, but it cannot even proc viral at a reliable rate. The weapon's fire rate is just too low for spread procs like this.

Here is an idea to change it: Why don't make primary mode as a status shotgun, and alt fire mode as a crit AOE blast?

Primary mode: Highly status based, very low crit. The weapon has a lot less base damage and even lower crit than Tigris Prime. So it won't be as insane as Tigris Prime, but still feels good no matter you mod it for Viral Radiation or Corrosive Blast.

Secondary mode: A crit focus explosion projectile that would not detonate unless travels 10M and contact with an enemy or wall. If the enemy or wall is within that 10m base travel distance, the projectile will cause impact proc and no explosion. Considering the explosion's base range is 8m, this can prevent players to kill themselves by shoot their own foot or closed enemy. While also remain usable in a small room since 10m is not a long distance. Also, any careless player who doesn't manage their movement carefully can still be killed, make weapon become more dangerous and feels unique.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              For the modding purpose, this design can allow this weapon to be focused as a crit AOE, a status shotgun, or a hybrid weapon by putting in 2 base damage mod, 2 crit mod, and 4 dual status element mods. Use primary fire to inflict proc/reduce armor, while the secondary fire to do a large amount of AOE damage and kill them. Feels like a weaker Lenz combine with a weaker Tigris Prime isn't? And since the based damage is a lot lower, this weapon would be good for all but not best as a status shotgun or AOE blast, it won't be OP.

Archived