The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt's Discharge is still nothing but a CC ability

Wyrmius_Prime

It's base range is far too small and casting speed is far too slow. If a players mods Volt for proper range and casting speed, there's not many slots left for power strength or for Volt's own durability. Not only is a CC build far more cheaper to build for, it is also far more useful in keeping Volt alive. Looking at Saryn and Rhino for example, they are both tanky and effective at dealing damage and CC. Also the casting speeds of Stomp and Miasma are nowhere as long as Discharge's. Ember's WoF doesn't leave me vulnerable, because I can move and use weapons freely while it is active, which massively improves her survivability even though she has barely any armor.

I would like to see Discharge's base range buffed at max rank to at least 25 meters and the casting speed improved MAJORLY.

il y a 20 minutes, Wyrmius_Prime a dit :

Looking at Saryn and Rhino for example, they are both tanky and effective at dealing damage and CC.

Saryn isn't tanky.

And what if, volt's purpose is to be a CC frame ? His 1 isn't strong but CC a lot and the fact he has a portable shield already make him tankier than saryn...

Just because you want volt to deal a lot of damage that doesn't mean he was meant to do that.

Plus electricity isn't a great damage element in warframe...

Eh, you can now cast it (while aim gliding) in the air so you're less of an immobile target,
Shock / Electric Shield can protect you (as will using environmental cover as you don't need LOS for Discharge).

TBH, I simply can't agree with you, my high-Range-with-not-that-much-Strength (235% and 125%, respectively) build
has wrecked Sortie-level stuff before the damage buff, Discharge is a VERY powerful ability right now.

The only case where I want increased range is the Capacitance Augment,
I still have to almost hug Squad members to give them Overshields.

6 hours ago, Trichouette said:

Saryn isn't tanky.

And what if, volt's purpose is to be a CC frame ? His 1 isn't strong but CC a lot and the fact he has a portable shield already make him tankier than saryn...

If you don't find Saryn tanky, you might want to revisit your playstyle and build.

And: ''Volt is not CC'' -Scott https://twitter.com/GooseDE/status/936740791900344323

il y a une heure, Wyrmius_Prime a dit :

If you don't find Saryn tanky, you might want to revisit your playstyle and build.

The only thing making her tanky is a syndicate mod that grant regeneration, and that's not really tanky, especially compared to real tank like rhino / nezha / valkyr / chroma etc...

il y a une heure, Wyrmius_Prime a dit :

Quoting someone who's working on the game doesn't mean it's true.

Ability 1 : 3 sec stun on up to 6 enemies

Ability 2's augment : 3 sec stun on any enemies around you in a 3m radius while running

Ability 3 : ragdoll anyone you hit with the shield

Ability 4 : Stun in a huge AOE around you for 4-12 seconds

How exactly isn't he CC based ? Although he's pretty polyvalent, all of his abilities can CC quite a lot of enemies.

(maybe you could give a look at the answers of the twitter post you linked...)

Edited by Trichouette

19 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

The only thing making her tanky is a syndicate mod that grant regeneration, and that's not really tanky, especially compared to real tank like rhino / nezha / valkyr / chroma etc...

Quoting someone who's working on the game doesn't mean it's true.

Ability 2's augment : 3 sec stun on any enemies around you in a 3m radius while running

How exactly isn't he CC based ? Although he's pretty polyvalent, all of his abilities can CC quite a lot of enemies.

Wow. Literally a dev directly contradicts your wrong opinion you ignore it because wahwah i gotta be right. Just admit you were wrong instead of prattling on and on AND ON AND ON.

Also, it's not always a great idea to tell people a game sucks and lacks variety and they should just deal with it. They want him to be more than what he is but they need to fix him. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Vagnar said:

Wow. Literally a dev directly contradicts your wrong opinion you ignore it because wahwah i gotta be right. Just admit you were wrong instead of prattling on and on AND ON AND ON.

Also, it's not always a great idea to tell people a game sucks and lacks variety and they should just deal with it. They want him to be more than what he is but they need to fix him. 

Dude, devs do not dictate what players do, Rhino is a good example of this, he's a tanky frame, but I play him as a CC/Lockdown with an insane range build on his stomp, not his intended role at all, so it doesn't really matter what any one person says, no matter how important they are to the game, because people have these things called options, where they choose what they want to do. 

6 hours ago, (PS4)Vagnar said:

Wow. Literally a dev directly contradicts your wrong opinion you ignore it because wahwah i gotta be right.

Or it could be because said Dev doesn't intend Volt to be a CC but his current kit causes him to become a CC, regardless of intention.

Intention and reality are often very different things. Nobody's, "trying to be right," when they point out reality in contrast with the original intention.

Il y a 15 heures, (PS4)Vagnar a dit :

As I said, look at the twitter post and read the answers, i'm not the only one thinking scott is wrong.

Just because they designed it to be something else than CC, that doesn't mean they managed to do it.

Look at excalibur, he was designed to be a melee frame, instead he's a ranged sentry.

You didn't even read what I wrote, you're just straight trying to insult me.

Il y a 15 heures, (PS4)Vagnar a dit :

I only say what I think, whether it's a great idea or not.

Volt can do a bit of everything, but he's very good at CC (even though not as great as other CC frames) and not that amazing at dealing damage.

Edited by Trichouette

On 24.12.2017 at 1:27 AM, Trichouette said:

EXACTLY, that's the point I'm trying to make. Scott and the whole of DE thinks Volt is a DPS frame, but he clearly isn't. He is a CC frame and I would like to see him turned into an actual high damage frame.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

Il y a 11 heures, Wyrmius_Prime a dit :

EXACTLY, that's the point I'm trying to make. Scott and the whole of DE thinks Volt is a DPS frame, but he clearly isn't. He is a CC frame and I would like to see him turned into an actual high damage frame.

Electricity is kinda weak and CC oriented... They would first have to change electricity for this to  happen.

Well, yeah...  What do you want, another generic nuke with blue instead of green or red effects? I don't know if you have noticed it, but he is not a "nuke" type of Warframe, he has mostly defense and CC, even his speed can be seen as a defensive ability if you were to categorize it, so, there you go: 1st skill is a gimicky attack like the one in most early frames, his 2 allows you to escape faster from danger, his 3 is literally a SHIELD and his fourth turns enemies into electric poles that can feed him extra-shields with the augment.

I wouldn't also take into consideration what Scott or anyone from DE say for granted, I don't know how longer have you been here, but they are not that knowledgeable about their own game or even games in general, maybe they were just using the term "DPS" in an extremely lighthearted way and you fell for it. These are the guys who thought that a way of making Impact damage status scale for end game was making enemies get ragdolled. There are other things you can use if you want DPS, the fact that he deals a primary type of elemental dmg, and specially the element that is focused on high CC is discouraging enough for anyone to see him as a DPS beast.

I recommend the Volt Rework Megathread for this sort of action.  It's still going more than a year later because of how DE handled feedback on the subject.

As to what Volt is, let's just go with "mess".  Electric Shield directly contradicts Speed's logic, even as Riot Shield, and Volt's stat line doesn't agree with Speed either, nor his description as the "fastest" 'Frame.  He's either packing the weakest DPS ult in game or his CC ult has an unnecessary damage-based end condition.  Shock chains weirdly half the time, ruining reliability.  Heck, even his old and HIGHLY INAPPROPRIATE description of being a "potent alternative to gunplay" is still attached to him.

To be honest, he was halfway reworked and now suffers from half-baked mechanical interactions and terrible ability synergies.  This is all old news.

I'd like to see a more thought-out approach to reworking Volt, one in which ability synergy is given serious priority WITHOUT borking his current CC potential.

5 hours ago, -CM-Machete said:

Well, yeah...  What do you want, another generic nuke with blue instead of green or red effects? I don't know if you have noticed it, but he is not a "nuke" type of Warframe, he has mostly defense and CC, even his speed can be seen as a defensive ability if you were to categorize it, so, there you go: 1st skill is a gimicky attack like the one in most early frames, his 2 allows you to escape faster from danger, his 3 is literally a SHIELD and his fourth turns enemies into electric poles that can feed him extra-shields with the augment.

I wouldn't also take into consideration what Scott or anyone from DE say for granted, I don't know how longer have you been here, but they are not that knowledgeable about their own game or even games in general, maybe they were just using the term "DPS" in an extremely lighthearted way and you fell for it. These are the guys who thought that a way of making Impact damage status scale for end game was making enemies get ragdolled. There are other things you can use if you want DPS, the fact that he deals a primary type of elemental dmg, and specially the element that is focused on high CC is discouraging enough for anyone to see him as a DPS beast.

Oh boys, another ''generic'' argument. Nuke frames are generic? I don't know if you have noticed, but there's really nothing but CC and tank frames seen in end game missions. IMO that's way more generic since that's the current trend in the game nowadays. And when did I mention he needs to be a nuker? Atlas can deal with most things in one or two hits at sortie 3 level, and his fists definitely aren't nukes.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

12 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Oh boys, another ''generic'' argument. Nuke frames are generic? I don't know if you have noticed, but there's really nothing but CC and tank frames seen in end game missions. IMO that's way more generic since that's the current trend in the game nowadays. And when did I mention he needs to be a nuker? Atlas can deal with most things in one or two hits at sortie 3 level, and his fists definitely aren't nukes.

Oh boys, another person nitpicking a word and ignoring the other 99.99% of the argument.  Atlas also has has 3 gimmick abilities and you are being ridiculous with the 1-2 hitting "most things", Rumbles attack every two years, the wall dies too ez and deals no dmg when turned into a boulder and petrify can get you killed from the remaining enemies that are not part of the little cone you are covering while you cripple yourself to perform your petrify spell.

Atlas' is also intended to do damage (hint: Atlas, punches stuff), his 1 is single target.

Meanwhile Volt has his very handy speed buff, a CC on his first an electric mine-field on his 4th and a shield that can only disapear if the very generous duration ticks zero. You are comparing potatoes vs telescopes.

Edited by -CM-Machete

On 12/23/2017 at 5:04 PM, Wyrmius_Prime said:

And: ''Volt is not CC'' -Scott https://twitter.com/GooseDE/status/936740791900344323

Yes, but Scott is hopelessly out of touch with Warframe players. I mean, he still thinks walking over loot icons us meaningful game play, Nullifiers are reasonable and Archwing is a good use of time...

1 minute ago, giovanniluca said:

Volt is not CC cause electricity sucks, like him.

if warframe like nova isn't sucks because she has one most used ability that's amazing, then volt isn't suck because he has one most used ability that's amazing after hunter munition released. btw electricity chain damage is awesome when it procs from weapons. 

2 minutes ago, giovanniluca said:

Don't know what you saying but all of nova's kit is good.

so shock sucks? speed sucks? electric shield sucks? discharge sucks? i dont even need serration to kill lv 100 enemies with soma in transistor shield setup

18 minutes ago, giovanniluca said:

And bosses are immune to hunter's munitions and slash is about to be nerfed.

what are you saying? slash stays like it always is. read it. btw do people even need slash proc to kill boss? even