The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Torid Vs Ogris

TheJiggliestPoo

Question

7 answers to this question

i like torid - if well modded it  had decent dps and can control mobs with freeze, fire, electricity and stun.

Ogris problem is that .. you can easily 1 hit yourself - while torid gives dot hp damage that you can still heal.

imagine ogris with serration - even 100% would make it 1k damage if ur too close.

Ogris has somewhat wider aoe but its slower - and has a charge up time.

I find torid good wit h Trinity - easy to heal urself and ignore the dot.

Ogris has much higher damage potential than Torid does. Ogris projectile does 150 damage vs 100 and the explosion on Ogris is 500 explosive damage versus 20 damage poison dot. It would take extremely high level enemies (or inability to hit weak spots on things like ancients, which with the new model can be hard) before Torid could surpass Ogris.

In actual usage I think a lot of it depends on your ability to aim and project where you're going to have to hit with the Ogris versus having a grenade launcher that has a stacking dot it leaves on the ground. I believe playstyle would make a bigger overall difference here than actual weapon effectiveness does.

Ogris is extremely effective in Defense missions if you can get a good vantage point.  Otherwise, you will one-shot yourself periodically due to a teammate running from behind just as you release, a frost shield pops up all of a sudden in your face, or tons of grineer fire shoots the missile mid-air.  You should almost never use it in hallways or near doors as there are many instances when something runs across the missile path between you and your target.  You will never run out of ammo though.

Torid is kinda like a vauban ball launcher.  Great, effective in groups, and guards an area to some degree.  The direct hit damage is quite respectable when modded up.  Also not a weapon to use in small areas or hallways as even if you kill the enemy, you will have to walk generally through your own poison to proceed.  Luckily the damage is negligible if you pay attention to your own health.  Torid is pretty fun but nowhere near as effective as Ogris (even if you do die more, you take a lot more with you!).

Ogris has much higher damage potential than Torid does. Ogris projectile does 150 damage vs 100 and the explosion on Ogris is 500 explosive damage versus 20 damage poison dot. It would take extremely high level enemies (or inability to hit weak spots on things like ancients, which with the new model can be hard) before Torid could surpass Ogris.

In actual usage I think a lot of it depends on your ability to aim and project where you're going to have to hit with the Ogris versus having a grenade launcher that has a stacking dot it leaves on the ground. I believe playstyle would make a bigger overall difference here than actual weapon effectiveness does.

You forgot those 500 damage can easy be crippled or bugged, sometimes does the 500 others only 10 and the thing is affected by armor meanwhile the torid is going to always do 240 damage in each sticky poop.

But how you say is pretty much more about the gameplay of each player.

torid has innate armor ignroe yea -  and its more supportive  weapon - with aoe dps and support debuffs.
A useful piece of hardware if you run higher rounds of defense and neet to keep high hp mobs slowed down/damaged.

Also you wotn 1 hit yourself.

Thats why i liek it on  trinity - you dont have to worry about the dot much.

Also you can stick the grenade on party members or enemy and provide a 12s damaging aura.

I prefer Torid because I don't like charging up to shoot very much, and as aforementioned you can almost permaslow things on maps like Xini. It makes it a lot easier in my experience. The damage is very high tier if you ask me. Better than most rifles, even if not better than Ogris. So you can't choose a bad weapon here.