The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

a thing about prime weapons

(PSN)Sir_Polaroid

well most of us love prime weapons but in my opinion some of the stock weapons like bronco look better than the prime version

i really want something like with prime warframes where i can make a prime weapon look like the stock version

EDIT: i don't feel like spending 20 plat just for my gun to look like stock

Edited by (PS4)ashtonsux134

1 hour ago, (PS4)ashtonsux134 said:

Then don't. Customization always costed Plat. 20 plat is like 30 minutes of Fissure farming.

Edited by Sikab

You can already make certain Prime weapons look like the non-Prime or “stock” versions with extra skins.

1 hour ago, (PS4)ashtonsux134 said:

Well thats too bad. Stop whining, go farm some plat. No one gets special treatment. Its only 20 plat so stop being lazy/tight.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

It would be nice if vanilla skins were included I agree. It's already a feature with prime warframes. Y'all are being ridiculous, it's a pretty simple request... 

Also not everyone is as blessed with owning most content in the game like vet's like myself. As a newer player there's a lot of initial investment that eats your platinum for months. 

Edited by Sapphic-Sandra

9 hours ago, Sikab said:

Then don't. Customization always costed Plat. 20 plat is like 30 minutes of Fissure farming.

9 hours ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

You can already make certain Prime weapons look like the non-Prime or “stock” versions with extra skins.

Well thats too bad. Stop whining, go farm some plat. No one gets special treatment. Its only 20 plat so stop being lazy/tight.

You guys realise that there's a toggle option for Prime frames, right?

Costs 0 plat.

So no, customisation doesn't always cost plat.

And no, it's not special treatment.

12 hours ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

12 hours ago, Sikab said:

1-not every weapon gets that chance

2-its far from "special treatment".

14 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

You guys realise that there's a toggle option for Prime frames, right?

You realise the OP is talking about weapons and not frames right?

14 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

And no, it's not special treatment.

Saying “I don’t feel like spending plat on skins” but still wanting them is asking for special treatment.

12 hours ago, Zeclem said:

1-not every weapon gets that chance

I know. That’s why I said “certain weapons”.

12 hours ago, Zeclem said:

2-its far from "special treatment".

Saying you want to make your Prime weapons look like the Ikea version, but you don’t want to spend money to do it, is asking for special treatment.

1 hour ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

You realise the OP is talking about weapons and not frames right?

Saying “I don’t feel like spending plat on skins” but still wanting them is asking for special treatment.

Yes, I was informing you that the exact feature that OP wants already exists in the game, hence it's hardly an unreasonable request.

And you really need to look up what special treatment is. OP isn't asking to be treated different to any of us, they're simply asking for a feature that already exists to apply to all Primes, not just frames.

It's not exactly hard to understand.

7 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Yes, I was informing you that the exact feature that OP wants already exists in the game, hence it's hardly an unreasonable request.

The toggle Prime details doesn’t change the Prime Warframe back to the vanilla version. 

10 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

OP isn't asking to be treated different to any of us, they're simply asking for a feature that already exists to apply to all Primes, not just frames.

OP is still going to have to spend plat since, as I said, the Prime toggle doesn’t work on the base Prime skin. He’d still need to buy another skin with plat.

”I don’t feel like spending plat” is all fine and good, but right now it’s the only way to make weapons and frames look like the stock ikea versions. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

The toggle Prime details doesn’t change the Prime Warframe back to the vanilla version. 

OP is still going to have to spend plat since, as I said, the Prime toggle doesn’t work on the base Prime skin. He’d still need to buy another skin with plat.

”I don’t feel like spending plat” is all fine and good, but right now it’s the only way to make weapons and frames look like the stock ikea versions. 

So... the fact that the default skin appears, free, in the skin list when using Prime frames just completely passed you by? You can choose that and toggle between Prime and stock as much as you like.

I mean yeah, currently OP will need to spend money if they want weapons to look similar to the stock model.

But it is not unreasonable to request otherwise. That's what feedback is for. The fact that this thread is in the wrong place is another matter entirely.

19 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

So... the fact that the default skin appears, free, in the skin list when using Prime frames just completely passed you by?

No. Thats why I’m talking about the weapons.

20 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I mean yeah, currently OP will need to spend money if they want weapons to look similar to the stock model.

Yes so this thread is pointless. Put the question in the next devstream lineup. Coming here and saying “I don’t want to spend money” isn’t going to do anything.

Honestly, considering that the Prime Frames come with a free default frame skin actually makes this a reasonable request.  DE might just add it in just as they did with making Wraith items colorable.  

I can't say that there is even one Prime weapon that I would do this with.  That's me though.  :D

22 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

No. Thats why I’m talking about the weapons.

Yes so this thread is pointless. Put the question in the next devstream lineup. Coming here and saying “I don’t want to spend money” isn’t going to do anything.

Do you even know what the purpose of feedback is?

2 hours ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

I know. That’s why I said “certain weapons”.

so you realize op was requesting something perfectly logical and reasonable thing right? 

2 hours ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Saying you want to make your Prime weapons look like the Ikea version, but you don’t want to spend money to do it, is asking for special treatment.

except its not? its already a feature in game for prime warframes already and majority of weapons dont have stock skins for them. 

2 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Do you even know what the purpose of feedback is?

Yes, this is not in th feedback section though is it.

1 hour ago, Zeclem said:

you realize op was requesting something perfectly logical and reasonable thing right?

Reasonable? Yes. Wrong wording and section? Yes.

1 hour ago, Zeclem said:

except its not?

“I want a skin but I don’t want to pay a thing for it”.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Reasonable? Yes. Wrong wording and section? Yes.

wording is perfectly fine. but calling someone a "whiner who wants special treatment" for using incorrect section is not.

“I want a skin but I don’t want to pay a thing for it”.

i like how you completely deleted part of my reply that already made that argument moot.

Yes, this is not in th feedback section though is it.

Please read.

3 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

The fact that this thread is in the wrong place is another matter entirely.

If you really want to help then report the thread so it gets a move to feedback.

That doesn't excuse your original post though.

I suppose with credits you should be able to buy the skin pack, maybe 100k or 1 million credits

Even plats for the skin pack. But since vanilla skin is already implemented in the game instead of needing some artist to
make new skins, it wouldn't justify by charging too much plats to get them 

Otherwise players can simply

1) Use the vanilla version just for the look

2) Forget about the skin and stick to the prime weapons.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

I completely agree with OP on this. We already have this native to Frames so why not weapons? Some Prime weapons look great, but most of them honestly look... "noisy" if that makes any sense. At worst they look like Victorian era coat hangers.

But there is a small problem with just applying skins to prime weapons. The animations and rigging don't line up. For example Burston Prime. The normal version has the magazine in the normal place while as the Prime has it in the stock. Similar with Sicarus Prime, normal has a pistol magazine in the grip while as the P has a battery thing at the top. Completely different reload animations and rigging. Now Burston Prime is one of the FEW primes that look good, in my opinion. I don't know how DE handles loading animations and rigging, but I imagine it's not as simple as we might think. And when we go into animations, we should also touch on the sounds. When I run my Braton P with a legacy "corpus" skin, I still get the laser firing sound when I'd much prefer the new stock sounds. 

There's a LOT to consider here with it. There's no point going half-measure when doing this. 

ok wow.... within a month in a half alot of people came here im confused and exited but from what i have been reading so far some are confused some think its kinda pointless to have this as a option and some of you sort of agree with me.

now to clear up some confusion

weapons like bronco prime as an example don't have skins to make the look like the base version

new players can't get plat as quicklty as a experienced player without spending money

the feature of haveing base skins on prime frames is already a feature so why we can't have it on weapons is confuseing to many people

hope this clears up a bit of confusion but it was mostly just me rambleing