The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow us to buy PoE resources and fish with regular starchart resources.

AperoBeltaTwo

I can't be bothered fishing and mining. I don't play Warframe for that. In other games side activities are never mandatory, but PoE force-locks combat equipment behind non-combat gameplay. It's ludicrous.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

vor 6 Minuten schrieb AperoBeltaTwo:

[...]side activities are never mandatory, but PoE [...]

PoE is a side activity. You don't NEED to do anything there. If fishing and mining bothers you, just don't do it.

The only "real" thing you miss is the Amps and Teralysts which won't give you anything outside PoE

14 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

I can't be bothered fishing and mining. I don't play Warframe for that. In other games side activities are never mandatory, but PoE force-locks combat equipment behind non-combat gameplay. It's ludicrous.

What exactly is locked behind this fishing and mining aside from Zaws and Amps, of which you'll only really be using Zaws. Also requirements are quite low for Zaws.
Oh and PoE is openworld and doesn't really have to be all combat. It's more flavor to the game. If you don't like it, don't play it. Or save up platinum and buy the resources from said vendors.
Having it purchesable for credits would be completely broken.

6 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

PoE is a side activity. You don't NEED to do anything there. If fishing and mining bothers you, just don't do it.

The only "real" thing you miss is the Amps and Teralysts which won't give you anything outside PoE

Well, Teralysts are good for Focus cuzz it's really easy to reach the cap otherwise :)

38 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Yes I agree. The easiest thing would be to allow players to use one type of rare mat buy some other types of things on Cetus. Which is funny it kimpa implies that's what the Ostrons do, they barter and trade for anything.

32 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

24 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

What exactly is locked behind this fishing and mining aside from Zaws and Amps, of which you'll only really be using Zaws. Also requirements are quite low for Zaws.
Oh and PoE is openworld and doesn't really have to be all combat. It's more flavor to the game. If you don't like it, don't play it. Or save up platinum and buy the resources from said vendors.
Having it purchesable for credits would be completely broken.

Well, Teralysts are good for Focus cuzz it's really easy to reach the cap otherwise :)

I understand your point, guys, but hear yourself. You're basically saying that it's ok to not play PoE and use focus at all. No, It's still a portion of content that is locked behind mining and fishing, no matter if it's relevant for the game right now or not. 

And PoE isn't an open world. Let's be real here. It's a single oversized tile with an endless mission running on it by default.

4 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

I understand your point, guys, but hear yourself. You're basically saying that it's ok to not play PoE and use focus at all. No, It's still a portion of content that is locked behind mining and fishing, no matter if it's relevant for the game right now or not. 

And PoE isn't an open world. Let's be real here. It's a single oversized tile with an endless mission running on it by default.

I'm saying it's fine to not play PoE if you don't like it. Just like how people avoid other stuff in this game. Hell, I 100% avoid any and all Raids regardless of what game it is, Warframe included.
You can use focus, you can just simply farm it how it was farmed before, and you'll still get more than before. Items there come with requirements from that specific area and NPC culture. Deal with it.

And PoE is an open world. That's what an openworld is. A single oversized tile with endless mission running.

37 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

Just like how people avoid other stuff in this game. Deal with it.

This really isn't helpful at all. Srsly. PoE is a portion of gameplay content - good or bad. it's there. Now imagine Starchart being locked behind 20 hours of composing Mandachord music. PoE and fishing is exactly that. It's gameplay content locked behind a side activity akin to composing music on a Mandachord. Yeah, Amps and Zaws are kinda sh*t, but it's still combat-oriented sh*t and locking it behind non-combat activities is just dumb.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

6 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

This really isn't helpful at all. Srsly. PoE is a portion of gameplay content - good or bad. it's there. Now imagine Starchart being locked behind 20 hours of composing Mandachord music. PoE and fishing is exactly that. It's gameplay content locked behind a side activity akin to composing music on a Mandachord. Yeah, Amps and Zaws are kinda sh*t, but it's still combat-oriented sh*t and locking it behind non-combat activities is just dumb.

And why does it have to be combat? Why? It doesn't. And it's not. Don't want to deal with it?? Then go with it. Many, many of us don't see a problem with it. Want an alternative? Plat. Go earn plat through combat activities and buy the resources required for the things you don't really want anyways.

2 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

And why does it have to be combat? 

Maybe because it's a game about space ninjas with space magic? Or perhaps because every single mechanic built into the game for 6-odd years was about combat? Or maybe because 99% of items in the game are combat-oriented? Really, why does it have to be combat?

2 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

Don't want to deal with it?? Then go with it. Many, many of us don't see a problem with it. Want an alternative? Plat. Go earn plat through combat activities and buy the resources required for the things you don't really want anyways.

Bying fish with plat? Are you actually serious?
tenor.gif

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

4 hours ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

While I'm here... can we let me buy endo with ferrite?  Or can I buy focus points with nanospores?  How about trading my positive attitude for plat?  

On 12/24/2017 at 9:24 PM, Proslackernifty said:

While I'm here... can we let me buy endo with ferrite?  Or can I buy focus points with nanospores?  How about trading my positive attitude for plat?  

I don't want to farm Acolytes because warframe is a hoard shooter and tracking down and killing a single target goes against that.

DE should let me buy the mods with credit instead.

53 minutes ago, Ventura_Highway said:

I don't want to farm Acolytes because warframe is a hoard shooter and tracking down and killing a single target goes against that.

DE should let me buy the mods with credit instead.

Do you really enjoy farming Acolytes, playing hundreds of short repetitive starchart missions against low-level enemies that can't even scratch you, while running around the randomly generated maps looking for a particular room where One Specific Enemy would spawn, and that's the only enemy in the entire mission you actually need? 

I mean, it could have been worse. It could have been an event about fishing. Acolytes are at least about combat.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

On 12/24/2017 at 10:22 PM, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Do you really enjoy farming Acolytes, playing hundreds of short repetitive starchart missions against low-level enemies that can't even scratch you, while running around the randomly generated maps looking for a particular room where One Specific Enemy would spawn, and that's the only enemy in the entire mission you actually need?

I would argue what you're describing is not very far removed from most of my warframe missions.

8 hours ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Maybe because it's a game about space ninjas with space magic? Or perhaps because every single mechanic built into the game for 6-odd years was about combat? Or maybe because 99% of items in the game are combat-oriented? Really, why does it have to be combat?

Bying fish with plat? Are you actually serious?
tenor.gif

Welcome to the new world, son. Warframe evolved and lost nothing. You can evolve too. If you can't... well... you'll go away. Unless you can get over yourself.

And yeah, buy fish or gems for plat. Believe it or not, they are a resource and a first resource that is tradeable. See, DE thought of you as well. You want to skip that aspect of the game? Then spend plats you earn through combat. Either buy raw materials from the vendors or buy the fish and stuff from players. That fekin simple.

Warframe grew. Will you? Will you grow up and realise you don't have to do everything in the game? Or maybe do the minor non-combat abilities to get what you need and be done with it.

Edited by Acersecomic

1 hour ago, Acersecomic said:

Welcome to the new world, son. Warframe evolved and lost nothing.

Warframe 2016 "Ninjas play free"

Warframe 2017 "Ninjas fish free" (actually, not free. You need to get a dye, you need to make a bait)

Warframe 2017 "Ninjas fish for plat"

And yeah, buy fish or gems for plat. Believe it or not, they are a resource and a first resource that is tradeable. See, DE thought of you as well. You want to skip that aspect of the game? Then spend plats you earn through combat. Either buy raw materials from the vendors or buy the fish and stuff from players. That fekin simple.

I think I'll have to take on your previous offer and just leave the game, thank you very much. I might have returned if the only bit of content left for me to explore wasn't gated behind fishing, which is why I made this thread. 

Warframe grew. Will you? Will you grow up and realise you don't have to do everything in the game? Or maybe do the minor non-combat abilities to get what you need and be done with it.

Sure grew, from a game focused on combat and ninjas to a game with no focus at all. Some growth. For a person growth like that would be like sprouting a horn on the belly. Not very useful.

And if people aren't supposed to do everything in the game, then why is it in the game? Now you've stopped making any sense.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

43 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

I think I'll have to take on your previous offer and just leave the game, thank you very much. I might have returned if the only bit of content left for me to explore wasn't gated behind fishing, which is why I made this thread.

And if people aren't supposed to do everything in the game, then why is it in the game? Now you've stopped making any sense.

Goodbye.

Btw, I dare you to do everything in EVE Online, or some large scale MMO. Hint, you can't. Warframe grows, you're just too small to accept it.

14 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

Goodbye.

Btw, I dare you to do everything in EVE Online, or some large scale MMO. Hint, you can't. Warframe grows, you're just too small to accept it.

Could you please stop with the fat trolling, it's embarrasing to read. I had literally done everything there is to do in Warframe except fishing. And I didn't do fishing, because the existence of mandatory fishing in Warframe is insulting to me. Frankly, it should be insulting to anyone with any bit of sense in my opinion.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

36 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Could you please stop with the fat trolling, it's embarrasing to read. I had literally done everything there is to do in Warframe except fishing. And I didn't do fishing, because the existence of mandatory fishing in Warframe is insulting to me. Frankly, it should be insulting to anyone with any bit of sense in my opinion.

There is no trolling. I am 100% serious. Your attitude and stance bother me.

If you feel insulted than it is your problem. Get over yourself.

1 hour ago, Ventura_Highway said:

It is relevant because what your suggestion makes starchart resource trading a means of gathering poe resources. Starchart resources are gained primarily by playing the game as normal, so it's quite relevant.

This thread is not about fixing the problem of short 5 minute parkour simulator missions that barely have enough gameplay for a single person, while being a 4-player coop. I don't have a magical solution to that.

This thread offers a solution to the problem of having a portion of combat-oriented content being locked behind a tedious non-combat side activity. 

Imagine if Fissures were locked behind Lunaro - that kind of side activity.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo