Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So...How about a new Sparring Stance?

Darkmoone1

Cmon DE, I know you want to. Releasing the Hirudo and Kogake Prime with stances that have been around since Melee 2.0? Brutal Tide may have been one of the best stances when the gates opened on the new melee system, but we all know that times have changed and that you can do so much better in terms of animation and move listing. The Machete users had their fun.

Make me a happy melee user DE. Release a new Sparring stance.

Edited by Darkmoone1

21 minutes ago, baldy117 said:

new machete stance to pls?

You already got Cyclone kraken, which came around the advent of the Kuva Fortress.

As far as I'm aware, whips, scythes, staves and sparring weapons still need new updated stances.

Edited by (XB1)calvina

16 minutes ago, Naftal said:

Brutal Tide has actually been one of the worst stances in the game always, because of it's long animation locks without any upsides to pay for it.

Grim Fury is much better.

Ah, you are right on that. I guess I meant in terms of animations. I'm not even sure why Brutal Tide is the Rare mod to be honest...

Edited by Darkmoone1

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)calvina said:

You already got Cyclone kraken, which came around the advent of the Kuva Fortress.

As far as I'm aware, whips, scythes, staves and sparring weapons still need new updated stances.

Yup. But at least the Staves ones both are good (Clashing Forest is one of the nicer stances in the game, honestly), Whips just need more combos in them (as do MANY other old stances, like those for Polearms/Swords/Daggers/Dual Daggers etc), Scythes have a bit weird hitboxes but not completely aweful stances, but their finishers are really horrible looking (as are the Machetes).

Sparring though? Grim Fury's combos are horribly user-unfriendly (even if they are ok in animations), while Brutal Tide is HORRIBLY clunky. Sparring definitely needs updating, both in their old stances, and maybe with a new one to boot (that pun!). I only think Dual Daggers are in a worse situation; 3 different stances, but all are terrible.

6 hours ago, Azamagon said:

With various kicks too please. Most of the attacks rely heavily on punching (Brutal Tide a bit less so, but it's also a very... exotic style, to put it nicely), so a stance with more kicking in it would be nice.

Wouldn't mind seeing some proper arts in this game. Go Bruce Lee on the enemies.

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

ipcnkk.jpg

Yea, I also want these...

Oh, wait...

You know what I meant... In this game these are considered pole-arms.

Yes! Definitely yes to a new Sparring Stance.

Brutal Tide is fun, but its break-dancing can lock a player into odd animations.

Grim Fury is effective, but not very exciting in my opinion.

A balanced and more flowing stance would be greatly appreciated. Something with a punch-punch-spinkick combo would be great, and I would love a flying knee move.