Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I wish Acolytes lasted longer on account of the holidays

(XBOX)Adaptabilty

Now this holiday I found myself not being able to bring my console with me on holiday vacation. However, while this wouldn't normally an issue, the acolytes AND ghoul event are occurrng during this time. I and many other players who won't be home during the event, will be coming home to dead acolytes and for newer players like me, who don't have these mods will no doubt have to play ridiculously high amounts of Plat to buy any mods they miss to obtain, regardless of inflation. However, it's not as simple as to just increase the time, because they are a wold boss and their stay isn't based on duration. I just wanted to express my disappointment on the situation, more than anything. 

Edit: Im aware of the acolytes being a timed event. 

Edited by (XB1)Adaptabilty
Typo/disclaimer

It is indeed incredibly bad timing on their part. Sending out one of the most wanted tactical alerts at the same time as a new one  right went holidays are upon us heavily punishes people who are away or cant access their computer. 

They saved too much content for a really tight time frame and it hurts more than it helps. Mirage Prime Access, Shadow Debt, Ghouls, three unvaultings, tennogen rounds, IPS rework, personal quarters, all in two months [dec-jan]. 

Thank you for the reply, this is something that has bothered me for a while, and it doesn' help that they will be out of office for the holidays. They makes a lot of inconvenience for players with situations like this further hurting newer players who want to experience these things but can't.

Edit: the duration of the event itself is dissapointing.

Edited by (XB1)Adaptabilty
Clarification

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Adaptabilty said:

Now this holiday I found myself not being able to bring my console with me on holiday vacation. However, while this wouldn't normally an issue, the acolytes AND ghoul event are occurrng during this time. I and many other players who won't be home during the event, will be coming home to dead acolytes and for newer players like me, who don't have these mods will no doubt have to play ridiculously high amounts of Plat to buy any mods they miss to obtain, regardless of inflation. However, it's not as simple as to just increase the time, because they are a wold boss and their stay isn't based on duration. I just wanted to express my disappointment on the situation, more than anything. 

The acolytes are based on duration. 72 hours each acolyte.

1 hour ago, aligatorno said:

It is indeed incredibly bad timing on their part. Sending out one of the most wanted tactical alerts at the same time as a new one  right went holidays are upon us heavily punishes people who are away or cant access their computer. 

They saved too much content for a really tight time frame and it hurts more than it helps. Mirage Prime Access, Shadow Debt, Ghouls, three unvaultings, tennogen rounds, IPS rework, personal quarters, all in two months [dec-jan]. 

Not bad timing on DEs part at all, they know the figures, their stats tell them more people are playing than not during the holidays, for every person on the forum complaining they can’t play the event, there’s someone (like myself) that can thanks to being off work over Christmas like many others.

prime access isn’t a “timed” event, only if you want to purchase the prime accessories, she will be in the loot pool for months to come.

same with the personal quarters and tennogen, it’s not going anywhere, you don’t have to build up personal quarters or farm mirage prime now, you could just wait a few weeks and it makes 0 difference.

5 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Doesn't the community determine how fast the Acolytes die?

Not anymore, they use the razorback/fomorian formula now, so each acolyte lasts 72 hours, new ones appear at 2pm ET each day.

Edited by zornyan

vor 1 Stunde schrieb aligatorno:

If it wouldn´t be holidays, other people would complain that they have to work. So no it´s not bad timing, cause you will never please everyone.

And both are recurring alerts.

1 hour ago, Kuestenjung said:

If it wouldn´t be holidays, other people would complain that they have to work. So no it´s not bad timing, cause you will never please everyone.

How about this: have the most desired tactical alert occur more than once a year, so that you CAN please both sets of people. I’m kinda burned at DE right now because I’m a decent human being who decided to take off work and take a vacation so I could visit my family who I haven’t seen in a year. And as a result, I haven’t seen the acolytes at all past the first day. All of which makes me feel not very great towards DE, and makes me much less likely to give them any of my money in support of their game. They have a good product, but they gotta have the good dev support behind that to really sell it. And right now that’s not really happening, at least for me. If the acolytes were to show up on a more regular basis I wouldn’t really care about missing them right now, but knowing that it’s been a year since the last time they showed, and it’ll likely be another year till we see them again, is pretty frustrating. Especially since DE could’ve avoided a lot of this if they had simply released the acolytes the week before Christmas. Students are still on Christmas break at that point, but the rest of us working class aren’t in the full mayhem of travel and the holidays yet and would have had time to play at least a little bit.

What would be good timing?

During the week: Wow, I can't believe DE hates people that work.
On weekends: Wow, DE hates people that work and what little free time they have.
On holidays: Wow, DE hates people spending time with their family.
During the school semester: DE hates the educated.
During school breaks: De just really hates people spending free time with their family.
At day or night: DE personally attacking the working people again. Also, this east-coast Canadian company hates Asia, in general.
3rd Wednesday after a full moon, while Venus is in retrograde: DE hates happiness and wants me to never find my soulmate.

25 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

What would be good timing?

During the week: Wow, I can't believe DE hates people that work.
On weekends: Wow, DE hates people that work and what little free time they have.
On holidays: Wow, DE hates people spending time with their family.
During the school semester: DE hates the educated.
During school breaks: De just really hates people spending free time with their family.
At day or night: DE personally attacking the working people again. Also, this east-coast Canadian company hates Asia, in general.
3rd Wednesday after a full moon, while Venus is in retrograde: DE hates happiness and wants me to never find my soulmate.

Lol. I would suggest just extenting it from the holidays into January. Ultimately it can't be a month long event, but still. 

45 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Just but the mod while it's cheap if you want it that bad. They're honestly not the best mods out of the set anyway. 

You're complaining about missing out on a decent mod. It's more a status symbol/collectors item than anything. 

The thing is that I want to use/have weeping wounds, bladed rounds, maiming strike, argon scope because while they are not mandatory having them isn't a bad thing. They can be some powerful mods and they can also give me more choice when building. I could care less about status in terms of me owning a mod. Elemental mods, BR and BC, primed reach, rivens etc are all fine and dandy, but still. Even with inflation it can be sold at 200+ which is still steep for some, I know it is for me, considering I need slots and space. Otherwise timed events as whole can be an issue to most. Thank you for the reply.

2 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

And both are recurring alerts.

You're not wrong, that's why I'm not cursing out DE, or anything because you won't be able to please everyone. The only reason I brought it up was in the case of plague star on consoles, it was extended an extra week, I personally had school, and so I was understanding that I probably wouldn' to be farm as much as I would like, but because they extended it a week a was able to farm for at the very least a set of hunter mods for my self. Plus a couple extra things here and there. I personally would only be fine farming one of each of the better mods for a personal set. But some want to get rich. You can' please everyone our right. Thanks for the reply.

2 hours ago, zornyan said:

The acolytes are based on duration. 72 hours each acolyte.

Not bad timing on DEs part at all, they know the figures, their stats tell them more people are playing than not during the holidays, for every person on the forum complaining they can’t play the event, there’s someone (like myself) that can thanks to being off work over Christmas like many others.

prime access isn’t a “timed” event, only if you want to purchase the prime accessories, she will be in the loot pool for months to come.

same with the personal quarters and tennogen, it’s not going anywhere, you don’t have to build up personal quarters or farm mirage prime now, you could just wait a few weeks and it makes 0 difference.

Not anymore, they use the razorback/fomorian formula now, so each acolyte lasts 72 hours, new ones appear at 2pm ET each day.

Thanks for your reply. I made a typo about the duration, but other wise everything you said isnt wrong. Im just expressing disappointment. In the case of plague star being extended a week on console, it at least gave people, me included, time to farm at least one set for myself.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Xaranoth:

How about this: have the most desired tactical alert occur more than once a year, so that you CAN please both sets of people. I’m kinda burned at DE right now because I’m a decent human being who decided to take off work and take a vacation so I could visit my family who I haven’t seen in a year. And as a result, I haven’t seen the acolytes at all past the first day. All of which makes me feel not very great towards DE, and makes me much less likely to give them any of my money in support of their game. They have a good product, but they gotta have the good dev support behind that to really sell it. And right now that’s not really happening, at least for me. If the acolytes were to show up on a more regular basis I wouldn’t really care about missing them right now, but knowing that it’s been a year since the last time they showed, and it’ll likely be another year till we see them again, is pretty frustrating. Especially since DE could’ve avoided a lot of this if they had simply released the acolytes the week before Christmas. Students are still on Christmas break at that point, but the rest of us working class aren’t in the full mayhem of travel and the holidays yet and would have had time to play at least a little bit.

I actually was thinking, when they first got introduced that they would work similar like Stalker, like doing something special and then they will come after you whenever they want.

But regarding "I am on vacation and want to have some time with my family", I mean, why do you care then about the game. I really never get this, If I am going on vacation, I couldn´t care less about this game.

It´s just a mod afterall and everyone can play the game just fine without these mods.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb zornyan:

Do you have any prove for this statement? Cause as it stands right now htey have a healthpool and no timer.

Edited by Kuestenjung

40 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

But regarding "I am on vacation and want to have some time with my family", I mean, why do you care then about the game. I really never get this, If I am going on vacation, I couldn´t care less about this game.

Because the game is fun and I enjoy it, and right now I’m missing out on a very limited part of it. Don’t get me wrong, if I had to make the choice again I would still choose to miss out on the game and spend the holidays with family instead, but it frustrates me that I’m forced to make that choice because DE only offers the event once a year.

And yeah, it is “just a mod”, and you can do fine without it/them, but this is a collector’s game, and I want all the things. Not to mention that maiming and argon are both good mods that are a direct upgrade for certain builds. And again, it’s annoying that DE is forcing a lot of people to choose between their game and family. It doesn’t put them in a good light. And to be completely honest, I already have both of the rarest mods. But that doesn’t keep me from being frustrated that I don’t get to participate in the event itself, and it doesn’t change the fact that a lot of other people who don’t have those mods don’t get to participate either. Plus, if I did happen to get lucky and pick up a duplicate, I could either save it to sell later or give it to a less fortunate friend. Now I don’t have that opportunity.

tldr I’m frustrated at DE for choosing to release this event ONLY at a time when a significant portion of the playerbase is unable to play the game. I feel they should offer this event more often, so that everyone has a chance at it within the space of a year. Otherwise, it’s very polarizing (in a bad way) to the playerbase.

1 hour ago, Kuestenjung said:

I actually was thinking, when they first got introduced that they would work similar like Stalker, like doing something special and then they will come after you whenever they want.

It´s just a mod afterall and everyone can play the game just fine without these mods.

Do you have any prove for this statement? Cause as it stands right now htey have a healthpool and no timer.

Yes, formorian and razorback both have a fake “health bar” which is just a timer.

same with acolytes. Previously acolytes had real HP, unpopular ones like mania would like 3/4 days, violence and torment about 6/8 hours max.

every single acolyte has had exactly 72 hours uptime this time around, each one has lost the exact same % of HP over the exact same time frame.

19 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

So maybe they shouldn't release any events during the summer because I like to go on vacation

And i have vacations on winter ... so , they shouldnt release events in that date ... and "mike" has vacation in april ... so , no events that month . People need to learn that are not the center of the universe . If you miss the event , bad luck , farm pl one dam week and buy the mod you want ....

23 minutes ago, zornyan said:

Yes, formorian and razorback both have a fake “health bar” which is just a timer.

same with acolytes. Previously acolytes had real HP, unpopular ones like mania would like 3/4 days, violence and torment about 6/8 hours max.

every single acolyte has had exactly 72 hours uptime this time around, each one has lost the exact same % of HP over the exact same time frame.

Boo.... It's cool when the community has an effect. Oh well.

Too bad this event turns into a violence/torment hunt. I am glad that I'm not compelled to farm the others though

Edited by Hypernaut1

6 hours ago, zornyan said:

Not bad timing on DEs part at all, they know the figures, their stats tell them more people are playing than not during the holidays, 

Yeah, I believe this is done with intent. Think about it: during holidays with low-player-count to re-inject a few highly-desired mods in circulation people play crazy much platinum for.
This isn't about pleasing everybody, it's about business.

Some are saying "not worth it", "I'll skip this", etc but looking at trade chat and trade market, this tactic works. An absurd amount of plat (likely people's Christmas' bonuses, lol) is flowing like no tomorrow right now for Maiming Strike and Argon Scope when their prices are temporarily down. After this event ends, the prices will go way back up.

44 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Boo.... It's cool when the community has an effect. Oh well.

The last time, the community did have an effect.  The first acolytes were murdered in <24 hours!! Many people didn't even get a chance to farm them. This is why this time they're on a timer. This shows the massive amounts of people willing to farm the hell out of acolytes. It doesn't matter how much overall static health you give them, there are enough dedicated people to kill them in record time. A 72 hour timer gives everybody a fair chance.