The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I feel like the only one who likes the Quartakk.

sappinmahsentry

2 hours ago, MrTitan123 said:

...and a riven.

I stopped reading right there.

You're using a mod that uses randomly generated values, a mod type that even the devs admitted is unbalanced, to make a weapon shine. How many rolls / how much kuva did it take to make the Quartakk "damn good" eh?

The true judge of how good / interesting a weapon is by equipping it with standard / primed mods and taking it for a spin around the star charts WITHOUT Rivens,

Hey, if people think the weapon is good, I'm fine with that. I think its effective but phenomenally dull to use, but that's my opinion and you all are entitled to yours. But let's not pretend that Rivens actually fix weapons that are underwhelming, mkay? In fact, if you have to rely on a mod that uses randomly generated stats to make a weapon shine, there's something really wrong with the weapon itself that needs addressing...

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 6:54 PM, sappinmahsentry said:

It feels amazing to use, has a great magazine size, and an insanely fast reload speed.

That reload speed is slightly above average compared with other weapons. Insanely fast would be 1 second.

I honestly don't see how people don't think it's good.

The rate of fire is slow, even when modded with Primed Shred, and status procs are a bit bugged atm. The gun has only 21 shots per clip.

Yes it hits hard and accurately, but its low rate of fire makes it boring to use and not well suited for large mobs. Definitely not my thing.

I never said the riven fixes anything. I haven’t rolled it, but it provides bonus damage (Mid strength), firing speed (low strength), and lower recoil (high strength). Coupled with the disposition, it’s pretty good, but still doesn’t fix the quartakk’s flaws.

The weapon feels good to use, I'll give it that, but as far as potency goes it sucks. People are not using it not because they don't "like" it, but because it just doesn't get the job done very well.

And no, you can't count Rivens when talking about a weapons power.

(Also I would borderline call HM a band-aid mod so... there's that.)

When I saw how the weapon functions it looked like a worse version of the Sobek. 

Pros

21 shot magazine one more than the Sobek.

Has a much quicker reload

no/ less damage fall off.

decent Crit stats 19% chance 2.4x multiplier

Cons 

less base damage 204.1

Low status at 27% (I’ll explain fully later)

No access to acid shells. 

Abysmally slow fire rate.

Status is low because it is divided between pellets. Meaning each pellet has a rough 7.5% chance to inflict status if the weapon is not modded. After the introduction of the Pox I was hoping for weapons to inflict multiple status procs in a single trigger pull. This weapon let me down.

Semi-auto weapon? With a really average stats on top of that? And isn't even that good looking?

tenor.gif?itemid=3834543

Corinth is at least looks awesome and has - even if it's a pretty useless - unique effect (well not that unique but ya know) That thing? Good you like it but it's a mastery fodder. Also star chat doesn't end with lv 40 anymore since there's missions like kuva flood. Any weapon that struggles to kill enemeis there are in my book, is useless. Unless it can do something else like ignis for example is a great crates opener and trash mobs' killer. It doesn't help that all that bunch of weapons all take 2 to 5 formas to even fit all the mods in all slots.

I think the quatrakk is decent, it's viable on sorties w/o a riven (~3 shots = 12 ammo for most armored enemies) and i'm just using a tato. I went for a 100% status with 4 dual stats and hammer shot, with both multishot mods and a R8 serration to keep it 0 forma. Since the weapon fires so many projectiles w/ 150% multishot you can get quite a bit of status information spam every shot that's very satisfying to see. Like the corinth I want to put a fire rate mod in there, but unfortunately there's nowhere for me to really put it.

I think the Quartakk would have a real shot if DE didn't force shotgun-type status logic on it.  As it, it's like a Latron in my book: a fair spread of IPS, decent crit, slow RoF.  It's missing accuracy, and I'm not sure if it's actually possible to make this thing perform as a Status weapon, but it's another semi-auto rifle...  thing.

If this gun had Status worth a damn, it'd be worth the time.  If it had DOUBLE the base RoF, it might be workable.  It currently is a tolerable weapon in a sea of better-performing options.  Seriously, it's a strictly-worse burst rifle.  I don't hate it at all, but unless I wind up with a DYNAMITE Riven for it, it's probably DoA (ESPECIALLY if DE goes ahead and butchers Hunter's Munitions).

TL;DR:. I like it, but I'll never use it over any of the Burst Rifles I have.  It's more gimmick than gun.  If it had rifle-type Status Chance though...

Edited by Cytobel

I like it, mainly cause it sounds really satisfying to fire. Like others have said though, the fire rate is the worst I have ever seen. Even sniper rifles have more fire rate. It needs at the very least double what it has now.

The punch through they gave it is neat, just enough to shoot through 2 people ish, and synergizes well with Shred (which is pretty much a must have mod on it) to make it really punish strong lines, though it still has problems against 'broad' crowds. (so good for Void, bad for Cetus)

I added heavy caliber and Vile acceleration to get the most out if it's high base IPS and find it's still plenty accurate, spreads just a weee bit wider than the aiming reticle, which I think is extremely reasonable for a 'precision shotgun' type weapon like this, and it still has very strong raw stats, and enough slots for me to either move it towards crit and hunter's, or status and shenanigans of any variety with those. (Radiation, Corrosive, Blast, or Viral all have strong synergies for a moderate spread Punchy cannon.)

Still wish it had a bit more base fire rate so that  Shred was 'enough' isntead of needing an additional Speed Trigger/Acceleration to get into 'feels good man' fire rates.