The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Glast Gambit -.-

Justiziabelle

Already lost 800k credits on this stupid quest. Winning is no problem, but the one where you can't have more than 10 points advantage is utter garbage. Last round I won the first two rounds and nearly got the third one, only ten seconds left and suddenly one of my team (AI) scores ten ****ing points -.- . Apart from being very bad at explaining the exact mechanics, which almost guarantees a defeat the first time around, it involves sheer luck to win this in solo play. This is the single most stupid quest I've ever encountered in any game. Thanks for forcing players to group up with others so that they can manage to finish this quest. What were you smoking when you came up with this?

Fun fact- If you don't kill enemies, AI don't score points.

Fun fact #2 : You can limbo 1/4 of the map into stasis and just wait for the time to end. ( Or use any CC warframes to hold the enemy back actually... )

Fun fact #3 The enemy AI doesn't know how to climb most parts on high maps, you can just chill on a pillar and wait for the time to be done, and if the enemy gains a point or two you can get them back instantly by making a quick kill and dropping it in your goal.

Fun fact #4 Even though the quest revolves around gambling, there's no luck involved into making points, if you're smart about it you can completely control what your enemy and allied AI does at any time.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for necroing this thread, but I have to vent.

I've lost 480k on this stage after trying different strategies, including the one described by my friend who managed to one shot it.  I guess I"ll try to get my friend to help, if he can stop mining and fishing in PoE.  That Limbo strat also sounds promising, but it would be great if I could practice it for less than 160k a pop.  Guess I'll duck into the real Index, which I have no issues with.

Is anyone at DE listening?  This quest stage is the worst part of your entire game, the game that I absolutely love otherwise.  It makes no sense that you lose your wager if you go 10 points over.  That's Glast's rule to make Anyo not back out of the wager, but we won the round by the rules of the Index.  Please fix that at least, or remove this stage and the stage before it because they add nothing to the story.

Yeah, this feels like either a bug, an idiotic oversight, or just spiteful game devs. I wound up in a position where I was 3 points behind, and everyone had died in the same room, to the tune of 10 index points. I had to choose between either letting the enemy score with them, or taking them myself. But with 10 index points in hand, I'd earn 14 on deposit... so I had to choose between losing the match, or winning by too much. Which is the same as losing.

Screw this mission, and give me my credits back. Either that, or refund my last plat purchase so I can quit playing this game in peace.

Edited by rykar
Anger, mostly.