The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It always feels so daunting to consider coming back to the game

vats3

I was a very early player, starting about when the game first hit steam, like alot of other people. I was an avid player and avid in the forums as well, until I just kinda slowly lost interest in the game since then I've kinda popped in and out many times for various periods of times with various levels of feelings towards the game. Normally though I feel overwhelmed with how much more has been added and how little I know how to access.

Lately I've been playing destiny 2 and with a lot of the recent choices it's made I've really been looking for a new game. So I started to think back to warframe, and as I get in and see this massive new update, and think about the other massive updates I've heard about in the past I just once start to remember all these issues I've had getting back into this game. Yeah I spend hours reading through the wiki and all that it just feels like a lot to do for just about any content of the game. It's not just trying to find the stuff to give stuff either, it's find out there are mods I want to finish out a build for a weapon to find out they where from a long ago event and now they are a ridiculous price in plat but to most players they are just a thing you're just expected to already have 

I wish you were on PS4, I'd be willing to help out with all the content. Plains of Eidolon is the worst for me, the Quill standing requirements is overwhelming. However, I will eventually rise to the occasion and start soloing the Teralyst. Destiny 2 just puts me to sleep. I get on it, complete some reset stuff and it just feels so empty for me. The snowballs are fun though. Anyways, I feel that anyone that is just starting Warframe or coming back from, say Stolen Dreams, has a nearly infinite treasure before them.

If it's Argon Scope or Maiming Strike you're lamenting, you ain't missing nothing. Argon Scope has some worth, but Bladed Rounds is more practical. Maiming Strike, I feel, is valuable to Valkyr and people that are bored enough to want to experiment with it. As far as the acolyte mods are concerned, I'd suggest going for Bladed Rounds, Sharpened Bullets and Weeping Wounds. They're cheaper, yet more practical and in the long run more valuable.

1 hour ago, Pent_ said:

Don't worry, most of Warframe's content is pretty shallow. If I were you I'd just stick to playing Destiny 2. That's what I've been doing since it released for PC and I'm having a hellagood time.

-Talks about shallow gameplay

-Says to stick with Destiny 2

-Ha. Haha.

But seriously, the best way to get back into it if you want to is just jump back in.

3 hours ago, Pent_ said:

Don't worry, most of Warframe's content is pretty shallow. If I were you I'd just stick to playing Destiny 2. That's what I've been doing since it released for PC and I'm having a hellagood time.

ah yeah it must be hellagood time to get content taken away from you and locked behind dlc on an unfinished game. 

seriously, are you joking?

3 hours ago, Pent_ said:

Which parts of Warframe do you believe are more shallow than Destiny? I can't think of any. Movement system (parkour, bullet jumping), enemy variety, characters and modding variety, weapon variety and the modding, visual customisation,mission types, all of those things in Warframe are a cut above Destiny. Even the story of Warframe is more interesting. You really need to elaborate on what you mean because I don't get it.

Destiny has pretty skyboxes and a more fleshed out PvP system, I'll give it that.

Edited by Berdfess

6 hours ago, vats3 said:

I was a very early player..

My suggestion is to just start the game, go to Navigation, pick a game and start. Later once you get an idea for a build you might want to try, then you can go and dig into details, maybe learn about changes, which are constant, or pick some small goal that is achievable  in few hours or days at most. 

Don't think about it, just start playing and take it easy. If you try to learn everything that changed, it will just put you off. Game is very easy to get back in it, as long as you don't try to play it as a collector or someone that need to complete all 100%. That is one of is charms. You can always ask people ingame is something confuses you. 

Here’s things I put on hold:

Limbo, Jordas and Patient Zero quests. Cheesy gambling mission on Glast quest 

Quills and Ostron standing 

Dragon keys 

Things I never started:

Raids for it requires coordination 

Things that burnt me out: 

Farming for that one specific prime frame 

Things that keep me going: 

Events: POE had one, now this one gets us roaming the star charts on places I ignore/d

Maining Mag & Mirage: learning synergies and metas and new tactics keep the game fresh in general 

Fashion Frame 

Syndicate rewards which ties into learning new strats and builds 

Unlocking Harrow quest and maybe farming the frame 

Lua puzzles for drift mods 

So yeah, making a list of cons/pros can help you evaluate what keeps you going 

I know the feeling, When I came back it was to starchart 3.0(?) 

I was very familiar with the previous starchart and while the new starchart was aesthetically more pleasing.... it did make me want to cry for about a week. As I had no clue what was going on.

Most of the mods that become meta will come back from time to time in events. Honestly the bulk of the event mods end up being something that is really nice to have but you don't expressly "need" them. 

Give it about a week and you will find your stride with all the new systems. 

If you are that old of a player I think it is safe to assume you have not really explored the new Starchart (3.0) yet. My recommendation is to first and foremost do the Junctions. In one respect you need to do the junctions to progress in the story, which does have some limited power progression tied to it now, but more importantly it will show you around to a lot of the new stuff Warframe has to offer. Once you finish up the junctions and thus the story aspects to Warframe, my guess is that you will be right back in the swing of things.

From there, welcome to the grind. You can go out and try and catch up on Prime stuff, just start grinding out some MR, or if you are really in for something different jump into the bubble that is PoE (don't go to the plains until you feel like you have a solid footing again).