Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Haunted Expanse (Semi-Open IC RP)

Rakawan

Standard Synergy rules, no god-modding etc.

This one is social and combat, which isn’t really a change from the others.

Location is the Plains of Eidolon and Cetus. Cetus is the main, so far only, hub. The Plains feature the cave systems recently added and the titular Eidolons. 

Characters must be approved by GM but any Synergy characters can be ported over. 

Feel free to go fishing, engage in thrilling Eidolon combat during the night cycles, or simply wander and take in the sights. 

Ghouls and Plague Star will be future events, but are not active yet. 

The Ostron have many resources and goods for trade, so feel free to have a character stop by just for a shopping trip. 

Bounties line the board by Konzu and he offers new technologies and reputations for those willing to complete them. 

To start simply state how your character arrives. Allowed races are Corpus/ex-Corpus, Human, Tenno, and Ex-Grineer. 

Current time: Day

Edited by Rakawan

27 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He perks a brow, asking them both* "What the hell is a murkray?" *He checks his map, to track down the Galleon* "We'll find him, I'm sure"

“You haven’t gone fishing yet?” Xane asks. “I...”

He looks at his harpoon.

”Have so many more important things to do first.” He says sadly. “But once they are done you and I are going fishing.”

The Galleon is in orbit, above the plains. You can detect transport ships moving to and from camps on the plains. 

28 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“You haven’t gone fishing yet?” Xane asks. “I...”

He looks at his harpoon.

”Have so many more important things to do first.” He says sadly. “But once they are done you and I are going fishing.”

The Galleon is in orbit, above the plains. You can detect transport ships moving to and from camps on the plains. 

*He nods* "Sure, why not, I did just get a message from my ship AI, about some sort of signal in my ship, but that can wait" *He heads over to the transport ships* "Think we can steal a transport?"

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

*He nods* "Sure, why not, I did just get a message from my ship AI, about some sort of signal in my ship, but that can wait" *He heads over to the transport ships* "Think we can steal a transport?"

“Of course we can.” Xane says. “There is an outpost nearby. They send supplies up to the Galleon, plus whatever they dig up.”

He places a waypoint a good distance away.

”Might want to hurry though.” He says. “Night is coming. We don’t want to be here when it gets dark.”

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Of course we can.” Xane says. “There is an outpost nearby. They send supplies up to the Galleon, plus whatever they dig up.”

He places a waypoint a good distance away.

”Might want to hurry though.” He says. “Night is coming. We don’t want to be here when it gets dark.”

*He perks a brow* "They told me, the same thing about going to Kuva Fortress, something I need to know about the night?" *He signals his ship to drop his arcwing* "You have an arcwing right?"

9 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He perks a brow* "They told me, the same thing about going to Kuva Fortress, something I need to know about the night?" *He signals his ship to drop his arcwing* "You have an arcwing right?"

“Trust me, you’ll sleep easier not knowing.” Xane says. “And o advise against arcwhings. They see us flying in and they will lock the place down. I’ll go in through the tunnels, grab a ship, and meet you back here. This camp is due for transport so no one will bat an eye if they see an transport flying over.”

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Trust me, you’ll sleep easier not knowing.” Xane says. “And o advise against arcwhings. They see us flying in and they will lock the place down. I’ll go in through the tunnels, grab a ship, and meet you back here. This camp is due for transport so no one will bat an eye if they see an transport flying over.”

*He stops the signal* "Eye ey, be careful" *He grips his weapon, looking around, checking the message DISC sent* 

*He stops the signal* "Eye ey, be careful" *He grips his weapon, looking around, checking the message DISC sent* 

Moments after Xane leaves you hear an Ogma on approach. It seems the Grineer have patrols out searching.

”So.” Xane says over the comms. “How long has this little feud between you and the Wraiths been going on?”

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Moments after Xane leaves you hear an Ogma on approach. It seems the Grineer have patrols out searching.

”So.” Xane says over the comms. “How long has this little feud between you and the Wraiths been going on?”

*He moves back, avoiding the Ogma, letting it pass* "For as long as I can remember, one of their leaders dislikes me a lot, and hate him too, fell for a girl, who visited my store a lot, and then I find out she joins the damm Wraiths, so we split apart, no idea where she is right now, but who cares, All I care for is my loyalty to the Orokin Empire" *he says, sighing* 

Edited by -Platinum-

*He moves back, avoiding the Ogma, letting it pass* "For as long as I can remember, one of their leaders dislikes me a lot, and hate him too, fell for a girl, who visited my store a lot, and then I find out she joins the damm Wraiths, so we split apart, no idea where she is right now, but who cares, All I care for is my loyalty to the Orokin Empire" *he says, sighing* 

“Oh You must mean Dirge and Sam.” Xane says. “Honestly I have no idea what she sees in him.”

You hear muffled gunfire over the comms, then the sound of a neck snapping.

”Apprently they are on Mars right now.” He says. “Tracking down some assassins. Someone put a bounty on the head of the WTC.”

You hear the hiss of pneumatics as a door opens.

”You do realize the Empire is dead, right?” Xane asks. “Like long dead. Because I’m not gonna risk my life for someone who can’t tell the difference between the past and present.”

The Ogma flies over. Just as you are about to leave cover you hear Grineer voices approaching.

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Oh You must mean Dirge and Sam.” Xane says. “Honestly I have no idea what she sees in him.”

You hear muffled gunfire over the comms, then the sound of a neck snapping.

”Apprently they are on Mars right now.” He says. “Tracking down some assassins. Someone put a bounty on the head of the WTC.”

You hear the hiss of pneumatics as a door opens.

”You do realize the Empire is dead, right?” Xane asks. “Like long dead. Because I’m not gonna risk my life for someone who can’t tell the difference between the past and present.”

The Ogma flies over. Just as you are about to leave cover you hear Grineer voices approaching.

*He exhales* "Honestly, I could care less what she sees in Dirge if the pair get in my way, then that's their fault, I don't know if Sam still likes me or not, never spoke to her sense, I do know of a friend who is on Mars tho, but I doubt he will care either, I admit part of me still likes her, but with her history and troubled past, its not something for me" *He clears his thorat* "And yes, I know they are gone, I know what happned and quite frankly, the short of it is: I agree with Shadow, the bertya_" *Coughs* "The Tenno where blinded by Natah"

Edited by -Platinum-

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He exhales* "Honestly, I could care less what she sees in Dirge if the pair get in my way, then that's their fault, I don't know if Sam still likes me or not, never spoke to her sense, I do know of a friend who is on Mars tho, but I doubt he will care either, I admit part of me still likes her, but with her history and troubled past, its not something for me" *He clears his thorat* "And yes, I know they are gone, I know what happned and quite frankly, the short of it is: I agree with Shadow, the bertya_" *Coughs* "The Tenno where blinded by Natah"

“Well since her and Dirge are sharing quarters I kinda doubt she’s still into you.” Xane says. “Me, I just wish we all coulda sat down and talked about it. The Empire that is, not Sam and Dirge. The Orokin may have been jerks, but they could have been persuaded. Especially with their armies destroyed and the Tenno victorious.”

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Well since her and Dirge are sharing quarters I kinda doubt she’s still into you.” Xane says. “Me, I just wish we all coulda sat down and talked about it. The Empire that is, not Sam and Dirge. The Orokin may have been jerks, but they could have been persuaded. Especially with their armies destroyed and the Tenno victorious.”

*There is nothing but silence before Zaeed's responses* "THEY ARE SHARING QUARTERS!?" *He screams top of his lunges* "HO_..how do you know that!?"

Edited by -Platinum-

34 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*There is nothing but silence before Zaeed's responses* "THEY ARE SHARING QUARTERS!?" *He screams top of his lunges* "HO_..how do you know that!?"

“First off, ow.” Xane says. “I can hear you fine. Secondly, I was Tenno Intelligence, back when that meant more than handing a report from the Lotus to some general.”

The Grineer behind you see the wrecked vault and move towards it.

”My contacts may be dead, but you’d be surprised how much one can do with a million credits and some ambitious orphans.” He says. “Plus almost everything is based on Orokin tech, so the backdoors I built into their systems now work for oh so many things.”

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“First off, ow.” Xane says. “I can hear you fine. Secondly, I was Tenno Intelligence, back when that meant more than handing a report from the Lotus to some general.”

The Grineer behind you see the wrecked vault and move towards it.

”My contacts may be dead, but you’d be surprised how much one can do with a million credits and some ambitious orphans.” He says. “Plus almost everything is based on Orokin tech, so the backdoors I built into their systems now work for oh so many things.”

*He leans over, looking to the grinner, seeing what they're up to* "Sorry, I...that was a bit shocking to here" *The tone of his voice, clearly shows that well* "And well, I can't argue with that, Profit, after all"

2 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*He leans over, looking to the grinner, seeing what they're up to* "Sorry, I...that was a bit shocking to here" *The tone of his voice, clearly shows that well* "And well, I can't argue with that, Profit, after all"

“Kinda hard to turn a profit without resorting to blackmail.” Xane says. “Still, there are a few Tenno who pay for my services. Which reminds me, I’ll send you the bill.”

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Kinda hard to turn a profit without resorting to blackmail.” Xane says. “Still, there are a few Tenno who pay for my services. Which reminds me, I’ll send you the bill.”

*He perks a brow* "Sure, I'll hande lt, just...give me a sec, I need to make a call, I'll be 5mins or so" *Zaeed without question attempts to block all comlink access to him, trying to go "Dark" "Lets hope this works" *He keeps himself hidden*

*He perks a brow* "Sure, I'll hande lt, just...give me a sec, I need to make a call, I'll be 5mins or so" *Zaeed without question attempts to block all comlink access to him, trying to go "Dark" "Lets hope this works" *He keeps himself hidden*

“Hey wait..” Xane says, before being cut off.

15 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed, opens a comlink, he begins to attempt to contact either Shadow or Torment* "Shadow, Torment, Betrayers will die. Orokin blood will dry. I seek your attention"

It is Torment who answers.

“You ejected our offers of kinship before.” She says. “Why should we listen to you now?”

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

It is Torment who answers.

“You ejected our offers of kinship before.” She says. “Why should we listen to you now?”

*He sighs* "That was a mistake, I was still blinded by the girl, as well, I was too exposed, if I did that then, I'll whuold have surely perished, you as well, That girl is protected by people, that I can not even dream of trying to defeat, you know me Tormment, I was stuck btween 2 hard places, if we where alone, with just the girl, you kown I whuold of allowed the Kinship" *He says* "Besides, I am offering to repay that, I'm giveing you a bounty you can never refuse, Drige, I want him dealt with, An another Betrayer, I'll pay you handsomely, anything you reqiure if it be credits or items, name it, and it is yours" 

Edited by -Platinum-
fixed spelling

3 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He sighs* "That was a mistake, I was still blinded by the girl, as well, I was too expose, if I did that then, I'll hold have surely perished, you as well, That girl is protected by people, that I can not even dream of trying to defeat, you know me Tormment, I was stuck btween 2 hard places, if we where alone, with just the girl, you kown I whuold of allowed the Kinship" *He says* "Besides, I am offering to repay that, I'm giveing you a bounty you can never refuse, Drige, I want him dealt with, An another Betrayer, I'll pay you handsomely, anything you reqiure if it be credits or items, name it, and it is yours" 

Torment pauses for a moment.

”And if we accept, what proof have we that this is not a trap?” She asks. 

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Torment pauses for a moment.

”And if we accept, what proof have we that this is not a trap?” She asks. 

"I will not lie to you, this task may be difficult, Drige is a force to reckon with, but he has no idea, nor does anyone else" *He tries to show, that his comlink has gone dark, not even his vital signs are showing* "Drige is on Mars, they are tracking some other person, as well, he's with the girl, Sam, the girl who I used to love, is with him, and will likely defned him, take her out as well, if she gets in your way, is that proof enough?, that I'm ready to hear the news, that that girl will die at my hands?" 

Edited by -Platinum-

8 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"I will not lie to you, this task may be difficult, Drige is a force to reckon with, but he has no idea, nor does anyone else" *He tries to show, that his comlink has gone dark, not even his vital signs are showing* "Drige is on Mars, they are tracking some other person, as well, he's with the girl, Sam, the girl who I used to love, is with him, and will likely defned him, take her out as well, if she gets in your way, is that proof enough?, that I'm ready to hear the news, that that girl will die at my hands?" 

“Mars is too active.” Torment says. “We will need a more secluded area to work. Contact us again when he has moved. That will give us time to... consider your proposal.”

She cuts the channel.

You hear a transport ship overhead.

Just now, Rakawan said:

“Mars is too active.” Torment says. “We will need a more secluded area to work. Contact us again when he has moved. That will give us time to... consider your proposal.”

She cuts the channel.

You hear a transport ship overhead.

*He sighs* "Damm, play it cool, try to find out where he is. if this gets out, I'm screwed" *He keeps to himself, and stays in cover, he places his comlink back online* "Xane is that you?"