Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Haunted Expanse (Semi-Open IC RP)

Rakawan

On 2018-05-21 at 3:27 PM, Rakawan said:

The deformed clones part ranks to run to where the arrow lands. More break ground and begin to cluster around the formation.

The download completes, revealing that the captain responsible for coordinating the drops is in a camp a short distance alway, on the shores of the ocean. 

Damn it. Why there is always interrogation? 

With the unpleasant thought of how she always runs across the type of job she hates, Ivara deployed itzal and moved to the shore camp, cloaking in the air while evaluating the layout and the target's location.

Edited by Teloch

9 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Striker can be seen up on the ledge above fighting another pair of the strange entities. 

Your bullets strike the creature and it flashes, its metallic skin becoming ethereal and bright. 

“We can’t kill them without void energy.” Striker says. “Pure Void energy. This is a Sentient nest, we need to leave.”

Wilco nods and tries to get up to Striker.

22 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“Ramparts and turrets deployed.” The transport pilot says. “Entryway secure.”

”Good.” Kal says. “Follow me.”

He leads the way to the main gate.

——Oracle receives a boost at the sight of the Tenno and Meridian troops. 

“You think the Tenno can beat those things?” A colonist asks you.

"You got it Tenno" he simply said, ordered his men to follow the tenno to then follow said Tenno himself.

-----

"If there is one thing I know about the Tenno, is that they are pretty hard to take down. In other word, I believe that the Tenno will not have any issue with these things, especially with the help from the steel meridian" he said, followed by Silver who barked agreeing with him.

On 2018-05-31 at 10:53 AM, Teloch said:

Damn it. Why there is always interrogation? 

With the unpleasant thought of how she always runs across the type of job she hates, Ivara deployed itzal and moved to the shore camp, cloaking in the air while evaluating the layout and the target's location.

You are unable to spot the target from the air. They are likely hiding. The site is swarming with grineer. There are more than usual. Several seem injured. 

There are several defensive emplacements and several levels to the part of the facility wrapped around another stranger material pillar.

On 2018-05-31 at 7:14 PM, WilcotheWolf said:

Wilco nods and tries to get up to Striker.

You are able to climb back up the rope, but your shields take a few hits.

"We need to get back to Cetus." Striker says. "Did you find anything?"

On 2018-06-01 at 7:57 AM, WolfmanX9 said:

"You got it Tenno" he simply said, ordered his men to follow the tenno to then follow said Tenno himself.

-----

"If there is one thing I know about the Tenno, is that they are pretty hard to take down. In other word, I believe that the Tenno will not have any issue with these things, especially with the help from the steel meridian" he said, followed by Silver who barked agreeing with him.

The area outside the gate is a hellzone. Body parts litter the area. The Tenno are covered in blood and guts, their armor obviously damaged. Clouds of gas litter the air, and the soldiers that happen to close seem to struggle with their movements.

"Many those ramparts." The Tenno says. "The rest of you, provide cover fire. I'll see to my troops."

-----

"Good to hear." The civilian says. "Have they ever fought something like this before?"

On 2018-06-07 at 7:50 AM, Rakawan said:

You are able to climb back up the rope, but your shields take a few hits.

"We need to get back to Cetus." Striker says. "Did you find anything?"

"Just like a chip or something..." He says, starting to move towards the entrance.

11 hours ago, WilcotheWolf said:

"Just like a chip or something..." He says, starting to move towards the entrance.

The ground suddenly shifts. You hear the haunting note again. This time you can telll it came from below you. Lights appear beneath the walkways, streaming upwards, like a swarm of bugs. 

Striker impales the second floating entity wish his exalted blade and motions for the entrance. 

“Good, because we need to go.” He says. “An Eidolon is coming.”

10 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The ground suddenly shifts. You hear the haunting note again. This time you can telll it came from below you. Lights appear beneath the walkways, streaming upwards, like a swarm of bugs. 

Striker impales the second floating entity wish his exalted blade and motions for the entrance. 

“Good, because we need to go.” He says. “An Eidolon is coming.”

"You mean...?" His eyes flicker with recognition. He looks at Striker and starts running. 

On 2018-06-08 at 5:47 PM, WilcotheWolf said:

"You mean...?" His eyes flicker with recognition. He looks at Striker and starts running. 

Striker is right behind you as he ground beneath begins to move. 

Two irbs whiz past you, bouncing off the ground to hover. 

“Archwings.” Striker says. “Full thrust as soon as you clear the ground.”

7 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Striker is right behind you as he ground beneath begins to move. 

Two irbs whiz past you, bouncing off the ground to hover. 

“Archwings.” Striker says. “Full thrust as soon as you clear the ground.”

Wilco gets to the Archwing and does as Striker says so.

On 2018-06-13 at 7:07 PM, WilcotheWolf said:

Wilco gets to the Archwing and does as Striker says so.

Strike exits a few seconds later, tossing something back. A swarm of the small lantern like creatures follow you up, falling behind the Archwings. Then an explosion erupts from the cave, which begins to collapse on itself. The pile of rocks shifts, as if the thing below is trying to break free, before settling back down. Whatever was down there is staying down there, at least for today.

"You should speak with the Quills." Striker says. "I don't know how long that will hold, and Konzu will need that data. I have other business to attend to."

He turns, heading back towards Cetus.

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Strike exits a few seconds later, tossing something back. A swarm of the small lantern like creatures follow you up, falling behind the Archwings. Then an explosion erupts from the cave, which begins to collapse on itself. The pile of rocks shifts, as if the thing below is trying to break free, before settling back down. Whatever was down there is staying down there, at least for today.

"You should speak with the Quills." Striker says. "I don't know how long that will hold, and Konzu will need that data. I have other business to attend to."

He turns, heading back towards Cetus.

Wilco heads back to Konzu. *Quills? Who, or what, are they?*

On 2018-06-07 at 12:10 AM, Rakawan said:

The area outside the gate is a hellzone. Body parts litter the area. The Tenno are covered in blood and guts, their armor obviously damaged. Clouds of gas litter the air, and the soldiers that happen to close seem to struggle with their movements.

"Many those ramparts." The Tenno says. "The rest of you, provide cover fire. I'll see to my troops."

-----

"Good to hear." The civilian says. "Have they ever fought something like this before?"

"You heard the Tenno, those who know how to use Rampart, man them . The rest of you, follow and keep the Tenno "safe" by suppressing fire" he ordered his fellow grineers.

----

"I don't know, but I have a feeling it won't bother the tenno that much. If they can defeat a whole army, then they can kill a couple of zombie like creatures"

On 2018-06-18 at 8:31 PM, WilcotheWolf said:

Wilco heads back to Konzu. *Quills? Who, or what, are they?*

Approaching the gate you find it guarded by Meridian soldiers and Tenno. The bodies of the strange deformed clones litter the ground. 

“Land behind the barricades.” A Rhino says. 

On 2018-06-22 at 10:10 PM, WolfmanX9 said:

"You heard the Tenno, those who know how to use Rampart, man them . The rest of you, follow and keep the Tenno "safe" by suppressing fire" he ordered his fellow grineers.

----

"I don't know, but I have a feeling it won't bother the tenno that much. If they can defeat a whole army, then they can kill a couple of zombie like creatures"

The defense of the gate proves rather easy. The Grineer forces eem to pull back to reorganize, leaving the ghouls as nothing more than an annoyance. 

——

Another person steps up. 

“Forgive me if this question was already asked.” He says. “But what is your story?”

14 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The defense of the gate proves rather easy. The Grineer forces eem to pull back to reorganize, leaving the ghouls as nothing more than an annoyance. 

——

Another person steps up. 

“Forgive me if this question was already asked.” He says. “But what is your story?”

"Why does it feel like this is just the beginning.." he said somewhat concerned to the Tenno.

-----

"I don't think anyone has asked that yet, but I suppose I could tell you my story. It all began when I was created freshly from a cloning vat and one thing that happens before a grineer gets to train to become a soldier, is that you get checked to see if you are defective or not. Turns out I was defective, which is rare amongst bombard units. Anyhow, I was immediately sentence to death the next week as the "execute these defects" list was currently full for the week. I didn't have high hope I would come out of my prison cell since I was pretty much trapped like a rat, but then something miraculously happen; a fellow elite grineer lancer helped me escape my prison cell during the night and to this day we are still friends with each other. Sometime later, I felt like I needed someone to be with me as spending my time alone wasn't that fun. So I went to a pet adoption clinic and it was then I found this pretty of a kubrow; Silver" he said as he petted Silver who gladly barked back to him which made him chuckle.

"After that, I joined the steel meridian as one of their chefs. I think that was all of my highlight of my life so far. There has been a couple of small adventures here and there, but their aren't as important as the one I told about was"

On 2018-06-28 at 7:22 AM, WolfmanX9 said:

"Why does it feel like this is just the beginning.." he said somewhat concerned to the Tenno.

-----

"I don't think anyone has asked that yet, but I suppose I could tell you my story. It all began when I was created freshly from a cloning vat and one thing that happens before a grineer gets to train to become a soldier, is that you get checked to see if you are defective or not. Turns out I was defective, which is rare amongst bombard units. Anyhow, I was immediately sentence to death the next week as the "execute these defects" list was currently full for the week. I didn't have high hope I would come out of my prison cell since I was pretty much trapped like a rat, but then something miraculously happen; a fellow elite grineer lancer helped me escape my prison cell during the night and to this day we are still friends with each other. Sometime later, I felt like I needed someone to be with me as spending my time alone wasn't that fun. So I went to a pet adoption clinic and it was then I found this pretty of a kubrow; Silver" he said as he petted Silver who gladly barked back to him which made him chuckle.

"After that, I joined the steel meridian as one of their chefs. I think that was all of my highlight of my life so far. There has been a couple of small adventures here and there, but their aren't as important as the one I told about was"

The Tenno starts to reply, then looks up. 

“Brace yourselves!” He shouts. 

A shadow passes overhead.

——

While you are busy, Silver would detect a strange smell, a Grineer smell, coming from behind one of the huts, a smell suspiciously like the one on the plains.

On 2018-06-28 at 6:42 AM, Rakawan said:

Approaching the gate you find it guarded by Meridian soldiers and Tenno. The bodies of the strange deformed clones litter the ground. 

“Land behind the barricades.” A Rhino says. 

Wilco does so and lands where the Rhino said to land, before disembarking.

12 hours ago, WilcotheWolf said:

Wilco does so and lands where the Rhino said to land, before disembarking.

“One to enter.” The Rhino says. 

The gate rumbles open revealing the hallway, and closes behind you. A scan runs over you before the other gate opens. 

Two massive Meridian troops stand on the Cetus side. They allow you past to speak with Konzu.

On 2018-07-07 at 3:01 AM, Rakawan said:

“One to enter.” The Rhino says. 

The gate rumbles open revealing the hallway, and closes behind you. A scan runs over you before the other gate opens. 

Two massive Meridian troops stand on the Cetus side. They allow you past to speak with Konzu.

Wilco strides up to Konzu. "Mission, well, completed. Miners were killed by Sentients, and the rise of an Eidolon was stopped. The only thing we found, was a data chip." He looks calm from what the Frame would be 'telling' Konzu, but inside, Wilco is a mess of emotions.

On 2018-07-07 at 5:31 PM, WilcotheWolf said:

Wilco strides up to Konzu. "Mission, well, completed. Miners were killed by Sentients, and the rise of an Eidolon was stopped. The only thing we found, was a data chip." He looks calm from what the Frame would be 'telling' Konzu, but inside, Wilco is a mess of emotions.

Konzu sighs.

"Between Grinner and Eidolons, death is not uncommon." He says. "Thank you for your efforts, Tenno."

He slips the chip into a holo-pad. 

"Interesting." He says. "The Grineer have an underground facility studying Eidolons... and infested. I wonder if there is a connection there."

14 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Konzu sighs.

"Between Grinner and Eidolons, death is not uncommon." He says. "Thank you for your efforts, Tenno."

He slips the chip into a holo-pad. 

"Interesting." He says. "The Grineer have an underground facility studying Eidolons... and infested. I wonder if there is a connection there."

Wilco looks at Konzu. "Something up?"

On 2018-07-05 at 1:26 PM, Rakawan said:

The Tenno starts to reply, then looks up. 

“Brace yourselves!” He shouts. 

A shadow passes overhead.

——

While you are busy, Silver would detect a strange smell, a Grineer smell, coming from behind one of the huts, a smell suspiciously like the one on the plains.

Thraks held his ignis tighter as he look up to see who the shadow's owner was.

"Whatever you do men and women, do not engage until either I or the tenno say so"

----

Silver thought it was odd to get this smell inside of the town. She followed the scent carefully in a slow, sneakingly pace.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-07-11 at 5:45 AM, WilcotheWolf said:

Wilco looks at Konzu. "Something up?"

“Something worth investigating.” He says. “Go to these coordinates, find this base and its answers.”

He turns to the hairs and hen looks back over his shoulder at you.

”And try not to disturb the Eidolon.” He says. “It’s mostly harmless, unless provoked.”