Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Virulent Orbit (Semi-Open IC RP)

Rakawan

Story:

The Mycona have long survived by harvesting infested materials. However they are far from the only group to do so.

A hidden Corpus base, its location and members known only to the Board itself, studies ghe strange plague that has claimed his place. This Plaguewatch, as the members call themselves, is at the forefront of technocyte research. Crewman and scientists assigned to this station stand to make a hefty sum simply by surviving their first year. 

But there are whispers. Rumors of a resurgence of the plague. Armored figures, almost like the Tenno’s Warframes, stalking the dark corridors of the shattered ships. Something deadly, something Ravenous, stalks the dark places, growing with every passing day. 

Admist all this the Mycona scratch out their honest living. As rumors turn to sightings they call upon the Tenno to aid them. However not all of these Tenno have altruistic goals. With the disappearance of the Lotus some clans see an opportunity to further their own agendas.

You must pick a side. Stand for Profit, stand for Conquest, or stand for Survival.

——-

Standard Synergy rules

Allowed races: Sapient/Intelligent Infested and human/Corpus. Tenno OC’s May be allowed as long as they have certain ties to the Infestation. 

Intelligent infested are any Infested being with enough biomass to be self aware and capable of rational thought. This can be as simple as a phorid variant or as complex as a hemocyte.

Gm approval required for all characters. I will work with you to tweak characters that do not fit lore.

Setting is Eris. Human hub is Mycona. Corpus hub is Blacksite 52. Infested Hub is the Hive Cluster. 

New characters must enter at one of these hubs. As an untamed Space this may feature PvP. GM will determine hits or misses on player vs player combat, so please notify me if you plan to engage in PvP. 

Human goals are to survive, and harvest resources. 

Corpus goals are to harvest resources and retake vital points.

Infested goals are to overrun locations, and further develop new forms.

Edited by Rakawan

9 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*She nods* "Sounds like a plan, let's get going" *She picks herself up, from the floor and walks over* 

You arrive at the Hive Cluster an hour later. Sai’ah is already there having gone ahead to send a Golem back for your Hive.

Lesser Hive nodes line the walls of the area. It appears this is the cargo bay of a massive ship, but you can not tell what type of ship.

”Welcome.” Sai’ah says. “I trust your journey here was pleasant?”

The Golem that brought you here deposits your ship onto a patch of ground and then departs, carrying your Hive to their new home.

Sai’ah is wearing a dress that appears to be a combination of infested tissue and hardened chitin. The straps seem to fuse to her shoulders and the sleeves look more like a second skin than any form of clothing.

Just now, Rakawan said:

You arrive at the Hive Cluster an hour later. Sai’ah is already there having gone ahead to send a Golem back for your Hive.

Lesser Hive nodes line the walls of the area. It appears this is the cargo bay of a massive ship, but you can not tell what type of ship.

”Welcome.” Sai’ah says. “I trust your journey here was pleasant?”

The Golem that brought you here deposits your ship onto a patch of ground and then departs, carrying your Hive to their new home.

Sai’ah is wearing a dress that appears to be a combination of infested tissue and hardened chitin. The straps seem to fuse to her shoulders and the sleeves look more like a second skin than any form of clothing.

*She perks a brow* "That was...yeah that was fun, Is god need to get one of my own, uh wheres he's takeing the hive?"

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

*She perks a brow* "That was...yeah that was fun, Is god need to get one of my own, uh wheres he's takeing the hive?"

“Nemesis found a patch of untamed swarms that we could use.” Sai’ah says. “They are led by a Phorid spawn.”

~You will retake these hives.~ Nemesis says inside your mind. ~And add them to our collective. I will leave the territory under your hives’ control. Now come, there are some things you should know.~

You feel something compel you forwards, towards the center of the Cluster.

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Nemesis found a patch of untamed swarms that we could use.” Sai’ah says. “They are led by a Phorid spawn.”

~You will retake these hives.~ Nemesis says inside your mind. ~And add them to our collective. I will leave the territory under your hives’ control. Now come, there are some things you should know.~

You feel something compel you forwards, towards the center of the Cluster.

*He nods, then bows her head in respect of Nemesis* "Of course, lead the way"*She follows eagerly* 

12 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*She nods, then bows her head in respect of Nemesis* "Of course, lead the way"*She follows eagerly* 

You find yourself standing before a massive infested flower. The petals peel back, revealing a humankind figure encased within the stalk. It is a Corpus Scrambus with a strange insignia on her chest.

Her eyes snap open, revealing complete black orbs. 

“This one is from a Corpus Blacksite orbiting this planet.” Nemesis’ voice says from the Scrambus’ mouth. “A member of the PlagueWatch, a group of scientists trying to harvest our kind. To what end I cannot glean from her mind, nor can I see where they are located.”

The Scrambus suddenly jerks and her eyes clear for a second.

”Let me go you scum.” She snaps. “I will burn you all....”

Her eyes fill with shadow once again.

”Already she fights my embrace.” Nemesis says. “Her mind fractures under the strain. Her flesh is not as easily consumed as that of her kin. Find me more, so that we may know what threat this Plaguewatch poses.”

The petals snap shut and you hear bones break and flesh tear. When they open again an Nemesis skinned Nyx stands there, her feet joined to the petals. Blood drips from her claws. 

“And make sure you leave the Mycona alone for now.” Nemesis says. “We do not want the Tenno getting involved. Not till we have built up our strength.”

Edited by Rakawan

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

You find yourself standing before a massive infested flower. The petals peel back, revealing a humankind figure encased within the stalk. It is a Corpus Scrambus with a strange insignia on her chest.

Her eyes snap open, revealing complete black orbs. 

“This one is from a Corpus Blacksite orbiting this planet.” Nemesis’ voice says from the Scrambus’ mouth. “A member of the PlagueWatch, a group of scientists trying to harvest our kind. To what end I cannot glean from her mind, nor can I see where they are located.”

The Scrambus suddenly jerks and her eyes clear for a second.

”Let me go you scum.” She snaps. “I will burn you all....”

Her eyes fill with shadow once again.

”Already she fights my embrace.” Nemesis says. “Her mind fractures under the strain. Her flesh is not as easily consumed as that of her kin. Find me more, so that we may know what threat this Plaguewatch poses.”

The petals snap shut and your head bones break and flesh tear. When they open again an Nemesis skinned Nyx satanda thwred, her feet joined to the petals. Blood drips from her claws. 

“And make sure you leave the Mycona alone for now.” Nemesis says. “We do not want the Tenno getting involved. Not till we have built up our strength.”

*She nods, rubbing her head a bit* "I will, I don't want any Tenno getting involved, I can't risk him, finding out either"

3 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*She nods, rubbing her head a bit* "I will, I don't want any Tenno getting involved, I can't risk him, finding out either"

“When we are ready even he will not matter.” Nemesis says. “Perhaps you will be the one to bring him into the fold.”

She holds out her bloodstained hands. The red liquid drips into basins formed from infested flesh.

”Taste the blood our enemies, and know their scent”. She says. “Bring more to me, that I may know their plans.”

Just now, Rakawan said:

“When we are ready even he will not matter.” Nemesis says. “Perhaps you will be the one to bring him into the fold.”

She holds out her bloodstained hands. The red liquid drips into basins formed from infested flesh.

”Taste the blood our enemies, and know their scent”. She says. “Bring more to me, that I may know their plans.”

*She perks a brow, takeing a drink of the blood, her eyes glow a deep purple as she does, her veins glow of Infested liquid* "...."

Just now, -Platinum- said:

*She perks a brow, takeing a drink of the blood, her eyes glow a deep purple as she does, her veins glow of Infested liquid* "...."

You can see flashes of thought, memories of laboratories and dissected Infestation, but no clues as to location. 

10 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*She winches a bit* "Damm, no location, labs and dead infested" *She shifts back into her frame, sniffing out the scent*

“Strange corpus have been spotted in your new territory.” Nemesis says. “If you find any, bring them to me. You are dismissed, go forth and hunt.”

She motions for you to leave. Sai’ah is already gone, likely on her own mission, but you can feel her mind, and speak to it if you wish.

“Strange corpus have been spotted in your new territory.” Nemesis says. “If you find any, bring them to me. You are dismissed, go forth and hunt.”

She motions for you to leave. Sai’ah is already gone, likely on her own mission, but you can feel her mind, and speak to it if you wish.

*She heads out* "Right away" 

11 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*She boards the ship, climbing into the centre* "Humm, now this is a better ship"

You can feel your Hive begin its assault. The moment they reach the cargo bay of the first ship the first wave suddenly die. No gunfire, no warning, just a massive  drop in numbers.

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

You can feel your Hive begin its assault. The moment they reach the cargo bay of the first ship the first wave suddenly die. No gunfire, no warning, just a massive  drop in numbers.

"What the? what happened!?" *She peeks over to see where the hive went to*

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

"What the? what happened!?" *She peeks over to see where the hive went to*

The ship your Hive is assaulting is currently gripped in the claws of the Golem, which is using said tendrils to feed troops into it.

You cannot see inside the ship, but you can see a hanger close to the cargo bay.

24 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The ship your Hive is assaulting is currently gripped in the claws of the Golem, which is using said tendrils to feed troops into it.

You cannot see inside the ship, but you can see a hanger close to the cargo bay.

*She walks over to the hanger carefully, keeping an eye out for any run-aways* "Damm, this hive moves quickly"

4 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*She walks over to the hanger carefully, keeping an eye out for any run-aways* "Damm, this hive moves quickly"

“Apologies Mistress.” A Sanguine Eximus Charger says. “The pack is hungry for fresh flesh.”

The hangar contains several Corpus ships, some mired in Infested flesh as they tried to escape. There is one shuttle, however, covered in jet black paint, that has no infested growths on it or near it.

Edited by Rakawan

“Apologies Mistress.” A Sanguine Eximus Charger says. “The pack is hungry for fresh flesh.”

The hangar contains several Corpus ships, some mired in Infested flesh as they tried to escape. There is one shuttle, however, covered in jet black paint, that has no infested growths on it or near it.

*She smiles* "The more we turn and eat, the better, keep at it, I'll investigate this shuttle, cover my back" *He walks over to it, grabbing her Hema*

Just now, -Platinum- said:

*She smiles* "The more we turn and eat, the better, keep at it, I'll investigate this shuttle, cover my back" *He walks over to it, grabbing her Hema*

The Infestation around the shuttle follows a uniform pattern, as if cut away from it by a giant collie cutter. You can feel a hum in the air as you move closer.

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*She perks a brow, gripping her Hema* "Whats that..."

The moment you cross the line you feel every infested cell in your body erupt into pain. The sensationndrives too to your knees. Time seems to stretch for ages until something snags you and drags you out. 

Something metal nudges you. 

“What should we do with this one?” A female voice asks.

”Contain it.” Another commands. “We still need more samples.”

You feel your Hive switch directions, moving towards the hangar as if to protect you.

Just now, Rakawan said:

The moment you cross the line you feel every infested cell in your body erupt into pain. The sensationndrives too to your knees. Time seems to stretch for ages until something snags you and drags you out. 

Something metal nudges you. 

“What should we do with this one?” A female voice asks.

”Contain it.” Another commands. “We still need more samples.”

You feel your Hive switch directions, moving towards the hangar as if to protect you.

*She screams out in pain, the roar of her frame, screeches out loudly, she tries to contact her hive* "Hurry..."