Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Virulent Orbit (Semi-Open IC RP)

Rakawan

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

"That's a good thing right, Cuz I..wait...hold on...I heard something" *She carefully leans around the console*

You hear a panicked shout and a moment later a Detron is emptied into the space where your head was. 

You hear more whimpers and then a clicking sound as a Detron magazine slides across the floor.

The person hiding behind the console begins to breath rapidly, and you hear fingers on clothe as they seamrht their pockets for another magazine. 

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

You hear a panicked shout and a moment later a Detron is emptied into the space where your head was. 

You hear more whimpers and then a clicking sound as a Detron magazine slides across the floor.

The person hiding behind the console begins to breath rapidly, and you hear fingers on clothe as they seamrht their pockets for another magazine. 

*She steps out of the side and looks down to the whimpering person, folding her arms* "Well, well well"

*She steps out of the side and looks down to the whimpering person, folding her arms* "Well, well well"

There is an abnormally small Crewman, perhaps a young teen, in a normal sized Crewman suit. As you walk over they throw the Detron at you and reach into a vent, trying to pull it off the wall.

31 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

There is an abnormally small Crewman, perhaps a young teen, in a normal sized Crewman suit. As you walk over they throw the Detron at you and reach into a vent, trying to pull it off the wall.

*She grabs the Detron and crushes it in her palm, then grabs his shoulder* "...Where do you think you're going?"

Edited by -Platinum-

*She grabs the Detron and crushes it in her palm, then grabs his shoulder* "...Where do you think you're going?"

The “Crewman” pulls off her helmet, revealing a young girl, barely into her teens, with disheveled blonde hair. She takes her helmet and brings the edge of it down on your arm with all her strength, trying to crush it and free herself. 

The “Crewman” pulls off her helmet, revealing a young girl, barely into her teens, with disheveled blonde hair. She takes her helmet and brings the edge of it down on your arm with all her strength, trying to crush it and free herself. 

*Mercy sighs a bit, then kneels down* "Hey, hey...relax, I'm...not going to hurt you" 

16 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*Mercy sighs a bit, then kneels down* "Hey, hey...relax, I'm...not going to hurt you" 

You hear a hiss as air begins to leak from the room.

The girl begins to gasp for air, all the while continuing to strike at you with the helmet. 

After a few moments she goes limp. Apart from a lack of oxygen her vitals seem fine. You can see a breathing apparatus inside the helmet.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

You hear a hiss as air begins to leak from the room.

The girl begins to gasp for air, all the while continuing to strike at you with the helmet. 

After a few moments she goes limp. Apart from a lack of oxygen her vitals seem fine. You can see a breathing apparatus inside the helmet.

*She sighs, she places the helmet back onto her, to let her breathe again* "We're not all monsters, get out, and don't look back"

Just now, -Platinum- said:

*She sighs, she places the helmet back onto her, to let her breathe again* "We're not all monsters, get out, and don't look back"

She does not respond. It appears she has fainted. 

“Vault security recording analyzed. Valuable entry found.” The Golem says. 

You see a Crewman enter, the girl in her oversized suit in tow. He leads her behind the console, handing her a Detron and patting her head before walking out. As he does you can see the same insignia you found on the floor of the hangar flash on his chest.

”The child appears to be of some value to our enemies.” The Golem says. “I will notify the Hivemother.”

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

She does not respond. It appears she has fainted. 

“Vault security recording analyzed. Valuable entry found.” The Golem says. 

You see a Crewman enter, the girl in her oversized suit in tow. He leads her behind the console, handing her a Detron and patting her head before walking out. As he does you can see the same insignia you found on the floor of the hangar flash on his chest.

”The child appears to be of some value to our enemies.” The Golem says. “I will notify the Hivemother.”

"Exactly my point, a life saved, for information, but she's still a child, do we have a cell in our hive, an.safe one I mean" *She asks, picking the girl up*

8 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"Exactly my point, a life saved, for information, but she's still a child, do we have a cell in our hive, an.safe one I mean" *She asks, picking the girl up*

“Given the viral nature of our flesh not cell we create would be truly safe.” The Golem says. “However this ship does have a brig. If left intact it could prove useful.”

”Do not let your sympathy blind you.” Nemesis says. “This child can help us find their base, either as ransom or food. Bring her to me.”

“Given the viral nature of our flesh not cell we create would be truly safe.” The Golem says. “However this ship does have a brig. If left intact it could prove useful.”

”Do not let your sympathy blind you.” Nemesis says. “This child can help us find their base, either as ransom or food. Bring her to me.”

*She nods* "Do that Golem" *She perks a brow* "And if I refuse?, I'm capable of talking to someone, you know, getting info"

4 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*She nods* "Do that Golem" *She perks a brow* "And if I refuse?, I'm capable of talking to someone, you know, getting info"

You feel psionic energy building across the link, along with a rising ice of anger from Nemesis.

”The girl may be a trap.” Sai’ah interjects. 

The anger and power vanished and Nemesis’ tone takes on a gentler quality.

”I knew inviting you to join me was a wise decision.” She purrs. “You are right. There are too many variables in her story. Very well, you may show this one Mercy.”

She laughs at her little joke.

”I will leave her in your care, so long as she provides some form of use to us.” She says.

Nemesis fades from the link.

”If you value your life, do not challenge her.” Sai’ah says. “Flatter her, appeal to caution, but don’t blatantly challenge her decision. You can’t help me if you are dead.”

You feel psionic energy building across the link, along with a rising ice of anger from Nemesis.

”The girl may be a trap.” Sai’ah interjects. 

The anger and power vanished and Nemesis’ tone takes on a gentler quality.

”I knew inviting you to join me was a wise decision.” She purrs. “You are right. There are too many variables in her story. Very well, you may show this one Mercy.”

She laughs at her little joke.

”I will leave her in your care, so long as she provides some form of use to us.” She says.

Nemesis fades from the link.

”If you value your life, do not challenge her.” Sai’ah says. “Flatter her, appeal to caution, but don’t blatantly challenge her decision. You can’t help me if you are dead.”

*She chuckles* "Gaining allies, is what makes a hive stronger, even if its the enemy, tearing everything apart, just makes us monsters, no better then the brain-washed lower Infested, you'll never understand" *She cuts the link completely* "Golem hows the ship doing, we'll get back, see what I can do" 

1 hour ago, -Platinum- said:

*She chuckles* "Gaining allies, is what makes a hive stronger, even if its the enemy, tearing everything apart, just makes us monsters, no better then the brain-washed lower Infested, you'll never understand" *She cuts the link completely* "Golem hows the ship doing, we'll get back, see what I can do" 

Sai’ah forces the link open.

”I have spent years working with Nemesis.” She says. “If you want to survive under her leadership you need to listen to me. Challenge her directly and she will crush you. If you must oppose her do it subtly, through persuasion not disobedience. I cannot protect you forever.”

She lets the link snap shut.

”Ship integrity reinforced.” The Golem says. “Brig cell has been prepared. Hive is using consumed biomass to recuperate losses.”

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

Sai’ah forces the link open.

”I have spent years working with Nemesis.” She says. “If you want to survive under her leadership you need to listen to me. Challenge her directly and she will crush you. If you must oppose her do it subtly, through persuasion not disobedience. I cannot protect you forever.”

She lets the link snap shut.

”Ship integrity reinforced.” The Golem says. “Brig cell has been prepared. Hive is using consumed biomass to recuperate losses.”

*She nods and steps into the ship* "Good job Golem, lets get her inside" *She heads to the brig cell and places her in*

22 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*She nods and steps into the ship* "Good job Golem, lets get her inside" *She heads to the brig cell and places her in*

The brig seals behind you.

An ancient moves to stand outside the door. 

This ancient has hardened chitin on its skull and its mind feels more developed.

”I will watch her for you, mistress.”  It says in a motherly voice. “And alert you when she wakes.”

The ancient releases a pulse of energy and the girl seems to relaxe, her fingers uncurling from the edge of the cot.

Edited by Rakawan

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The brig seals behind you.

An ancient moves to stand outside the door. 

This ancient has hardened chitin on its skull and its mind feels more developed.

”I will watch her for you, mistress.”  It says in a motherly voice. “And alert you when she wakes.”

The ancient releases a pulse of energy and the girl seems to relaxe, her fingers uncurling from the edge of the cot.

"Thanks, I'll check the rest of the bridge and look at that data we got" * She walks out*

15 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"Thanks, I'll check the rest of the bridge and look at that data we got" * She walks out*

The bridge is already overgrown. Outside the window you can see the Golem weaving strands of Infestation from this ship to the surrounding ones. 

There is a terminal, with a clear screen still active.

”Vault contents have been uploaded to the console mistress.” The Golem says. “You may peruse them at your leisure. I can provide tactical data on the status of your swarm.”

The bridge is already overgrown. Outside the window you can see the Golem weaving strands of Infestation from this ship to the surrounding ones. 

There is a terminal, with a clear screen still active.

”Vault contents have been uploaded to the console mistress.” The Golem says. “You may peruse them at your leisure. I can provide tactical data on the status of your swarm.”

"Do that, I'll look into the data, thanks golem" *She reads through the data, looking through the files* "Let see what we have"

Edited by -Platinum-

35 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"Do that, I'll look into the data, thanks golem" *She reads through the data, looking through the files* "Let see what we have"

The files are a mess, thanks to the attempted purge. You find standard reports, indications of resupply, a planned visit from the PlagueWatch, orders for armaments and a shipping manifest.

The files are a mess, thanks to the attempted purge. You find standard reports, indications of resupply, a planned visit from the PlagueWatch, orders for armaments and a shipping manifest.

*She sighs, she tries her best to sort the files, she looks into the Plagewtach* "Great, good job me"

17 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*She sighs, she tries her best to sort the files, she looks into the Plagewtach* "Great, good job me"

Log 637

Plaguewatch envoy secheduled to transport specimen 35 to Blacksite 52 for testing. Specimen 35 unusually agitated, sedation may be required. 

Captain’s note: The sooner that thing is off my ship the better. I’ve begun to hear things, whispers in my mind. I don’t know what they want with It and I don’t care. This is the last job I take with them, it’s not worth the cost.

Some of the crew seem to have taken a liking to It. Reconditioning may be required.

End Log

Edited by Rakawan

Just now, Rakawan said:

Log 637

Plaguewatch envoy secheduled to transport specimen 35 to Blacksite 52 for testing. Specimen 35 unusually agitated, sedation may be required. 

Captain’s note: The sooner that thing is off my ship the better. I’ve begun to hear things, whispers in my mind. I don’t know what they want with It and I don’t care. This is the last job I take with them, it’s not worth the cost.

Some of the crew seem to have taken a liking to It. Reconditioning may be required.

End Log

"That doesn't sound good, should share this data with the rest" *She opens resupply and shipping manifest* "Chuold be ideal if we strike their shipping and firearms, stop them from getting resources"

8 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"That doesn't sound good, should share this data with the rest" *She opens resupply and shipping manifest* "Chuold be ideal if we strike their shipping and firearms, stop them from getting resources"

The shipping manifest suggests a large amount of food rations and fuel cells, likely intended for one of the nearby colonies. The resupply lists fuel and other essentials. Neither provides any clarification about the strange Corpus.

Edited by Rakawan