The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This game needs an auction house...

(PSN)patKaetzchen

il y a une heure, Icem5518 a dit :

The people that don't want an auction house only feel that way so they can continue to scam new players or uninformed players with there over priced stuff.

The path of exile community is exactly the same, trafinf over there is even worse then warframes, they also use a 3rd party site but are against one in game, why ? Because it would be easy for the average person to see what stuff is actually worth.

Different game same selfish mentality 

Not doing an auction house would be much more problematic for new players who will never be able to get platinum and would only make veteran more rich. Because all the items will be so low that without a minimum platinum or merchandise it would be impossible to rebuild a stock to get platinums, which would make richer veterans and condanner beginners to buy platinum with money real. This is basic economics, there are already lots of examples in a bunch of games using an auction house system.

The system we have at the moment works very well and avoids abuse (there is but it would be worse with an auction house).

Edited by Wind_Blade

18 minutes ago, Wind_Blade said:

The system we have at the moment works very well and avoids abuse (there is but it would be worse with an auction house).

I think you and I have very different opinions about what "works very well" means.

2 minutes ago, Wind_Blade said:

He work still better than a auction house (and it's work, as long you take time you can sell/buy anything)

But you have to admit it's a significant design flaw if, in order to get the most out of a good game, you have to spend more time hanging out in a trade chat instead of actually playing the game.

il y a 1 minute, rune_me a dit :

But you have to admit it's a significant design flaw if, in order to get the most out of a good game, you have to spend more time hanging out in a trade chat instead of actually playing the game.

or you can just use market and playing the game :D so it's work

1 minute ago, Wind_Blade said:

or you can just use market and playing the game :D so it's work

But that's what I said I would really love to have build into the game. Just an interface, I post anything I have for sale and how much I want for it. Somebody sees it, decides to buy it, the item automatically gets removed from my inventory and added to his, the plat gets transferred from his account to mine. No different than buying something from the Steam Store, for instance. I wouldn't have to be present for the transaction and fraud would be virtually non existent with such a system.

il y a 1 minute, rune_me a dit :

But that's what I said I would really love to have build into the game. Just an interface, I post anything I have for sale and how much I want for it. Somebody sees it, decides to buy it, the item automatically gets removed from my inventory and added to his, the plat gets transferred from his account to mine. No different than buying something from the Steam Store, for instance. I wouldn't have to be present for the transaction and fraud would be virtually non existent with such a system.

Well that the problem read all previous post and your understand with a minimum reflextion the problem with that it's more easy but you will got anything because the price go drop a lot with that system

Just now, Wind_Blade said:

Well that the problem read all previous post and your understand with a minimum reflextion the problem with that it's more easy but you will got anything because the price go drop a lot with that system

I'm perfectly fine with prices dropping. People are trying to oversell everything anyways. I always sell things much cheaper than they are listed on Warframe market (mostly because I hate hanging around in trade chat and this way they sell right away). Like I said, selling stuff in game is never going to be a good way to make platinum in this game, time-to-profit wise. 

Everytime I sell a warframe at half price I get PM'ed by angry sellers telling me I'm selling way too cheap. They feel threatened. I just add them to my ignore list and keep selling at my prices.

In my opinion, instead of an auction house, the game could use a player marketplace with an escrow system, in which you mark the items you want to sell, set the price, and the game automatically moves the item out of your inventory into a separate "trade" section of your inventory. That way, you can't access your selling items unless you remove them from this "trade" section. Potential buyers could search for items just like in the regular game market, pay for the item, and the game would automatically make the transaction. It would definitely make trading easier...

1 minute ago, vvhorus said:

In my opinion, instead of an auction house, the game could use a player marketplace with an escrow system, in which you mark the items you want to sell, set the price, and the game automatically moves the item out of your inventory into a separate "trade" section of your inventory. That way, you can't access your selling items unless you remove them from this "trade" section. Potential buyers could search for items just like in the regular game market, pay for the item, and the game would automatically make the transaction. It would definitely make trading easier...

Exactly what I was saying, yes. It won't happen, though. As others have said, DE has little interest in making trading easier. As long as they keep it annoying and cumbersome, people are more likely to just buy the plat they need. I understand why they do that of course, they need to make money somehow. But it really is annoying.

1 minute ago, rune_me said:

Exactly what I was saying, yes. It won't happen, though. As others have said, DE has little interest in making trading easier. As long as they keep it annoying and cumbersome, people are more likely to just buy the plat they need. I understand why they do that of course, they need to make money somehow. But it really is annoying.

That's unfortunate. Making it harder for me to buy a mod or prime part/blueprint does not deter me from getting it. If I want to buy something and I have the plat for it, I will find someone who sells it, period. The player marketplace will only make it easier for everyone to get what we want. By limiting how players spend their plat, DE is just shooting themselves in the foot, IMO.

This game has millions of players across three platforms, having an average of 45k players a day in Jan 2018 alone just through Steam (source: Steam Charts). It would be safe to think that many players out of those 45k bought plat during the month. Let's say that out of those 45k daily players, only 5% (2,250 players) bought the $19.99 plat package, that's $44,887.50 a day in plat revenue ($1.39 million in the month of January 2018 alone). Some players buy more, some buy less, but we get the picture. Even with the vast majority of the playerbase being plat farmers, there will always be a significant number of players who will buy plat no matter what. It would be a sound business decision from DE to have this player marketplace in game...

For everyone concerned about Bots and such or a concern about bottoming out prices. The game currently has a daily trade limit and trade taxes. What if there was a high restriction on how many auctions you could post or the credit tax that was applied. Would a strict weekly limit (maybe only 5 postings per week or only 1-2 buys per week) allievate some or any of your concerns?  I would assume there would be a MR limitation on an AH access as well, possibly higher than the normal trading restriction.

Just spitballing ideas out here. 

Public Auction House no way.

Though I had an Idea for Display Option for Clans inside Dojo's. Like a Trade Display Room like 5 limit display that lasts 24hrs to show members of clan what your selling or looking for. I don't know how many times go look in clan chat someone is looking for something but was afk at the time when they asked and they logged off. Maybe possible buy order for this as an option in Dojo for someone looking for an item. Also counts as trade+tax. That is something that would be cool with me, but strictly for clans.