Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Think About Nitain Extract Now?

ChillyWilly

I'm just curious on how much people thinks Nitain is still the worst resource to ever released

Personally, I find all of those people that says they have a Job or Work. Stop complaining. I get it its hard for you to get all of them. I will take you weeks or even month. But that doesn't mean you need to say that Nitain is the worst. Its annoying, yes. Its impossible? No. I rarely go for Nitain Extract Alert. and I got about 100+. Which is more than enough for most of the stuff I need

Do you guys think that Nitain should be left as it is or tweaked to get better farming (with consequence of things may require more Nitain, We see this happens to Oxium)

Edit: If you think this resource is bad. And you have inactive clan. Say goodbye to the weapon that drain your health and replenish it when doing headshots (you know what I'm referring to)

Edited by WilliamHartono12

6 minutes ago, WilliamHartono12 said:

Edit: If you think this resource is bad. And you have inactive clan. Say goodbye to the weapon that drain your health and replenish it when doing headshots (you know what I'm referencing to)

What is the relevance of this to nitain extracts? Hema requires zero nitain.

I think nitain is fine as it is. It’s on,y a problem for the “I want everything yesterday” people. They build up fairly quickly if you can do an alert (or more) each day. 

Your post kind of loses its meaning when you ask “are nitain the worst” then talk about a different resource with Hema.

Edited by krc473

Just now, krc473 said:

I think nitain is fine as it is. It’s on,y a problem for the “I want everything yesterday” people. They build up fairly quickly if you can do an alert (or more) each day. 

the relevance is on the people who will complain about it :>

It does require no nitain, but even the veteran players (5k hours+) doesn't have enough mutagen sample for a ghost clan research

If people already complain about Nitain, I guess they will rage about Hema XD

Just now, WilliamHartono12 said:

It does require no nitain, but even the veteran players (5k hours+) doesn't have enough mutagen sample for a ghost clan research

My ghost clan researched it. It really was not hard.

You seem to think mutagen same are worse than nitain. Why make another thread about Hema cost? It’s staying as is. Deal with it.

Just now, WilliamHartono12 said:

Right, snapping this "point" in half.  You can at least farm Mutagen Samples out from an Orokin Derelict Defense and provided someone has the right loadout for slaughtering Infested en masse, quite easily at that.  You can't do the same with Nitain because you have, at most, four chances to acquire it per day, which may not even line up with the time you play regardless, making Nitain and the items that need it to be built far harder to obtain than it has any right to.

Hema's bad, don't get me wrong, but it's not luck-based, and that's the issue Nitain faces.

I was in college, and now I have a normal job. And I have 150+ nitain and have built a good number of nitain-heavy items (vauban p, itzal/amesha, etc). As long as you do the alerts when you see them, and don’t wait until you actually need it, it’s really not that bad of a grind.

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I think what he was trying to say is that while nitain isn’t the horrendous grind that some people claim it to be, the mutagen sample farm is. Especially if you’re in a fairly dead clan that you don’t want to leave because of irl friends, etc. My clan has that horrible grind down, but only because the clan leader purchased resource boosters for 20+ people when there was a double resource weekend and we all farmed our posteriors off for it.

1 minute ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Nitain Extract is only a pain if you are impatient. There is nothing wrong with how it is acquired if you don't look at it as a need, but a goal for a crafting item.

Exactly, The reason why I create this thread cause when I go to wiki about Nitain Extract, the comments filled with people that mad about nitain extract.. in November-December 2017

I used to think Nitain was teh worst until the Vauban Prime oxium grind.

Then, I realized the importance of time-gated resources. Because of it, I didn't have to farm for like 8 hours straight because there was no need for it. Had to wait to get nitain, so even if I killed myself by farming all the oxium at once, it wouldn't do much.

And then now I'm sitting on 80ish nitain cuz of the twitch drops...

30 minutes ago, Xaranoth said:

I think what he was trying to say is that while nitain isn’t the horrendous grind that some people claim it to be, the mutagen sample farm is

Then why make the thread (and title) about Nitains? Why not make it so its saying "Should mutagen sample drops be changed". It could be compared with Nitain that way. The OP states that Nitain Extract are not the worst. They are comparatively easy and less draining compared to others (i.e. Mutagen, Oxium etc). So it comes across as the OP is not even convinced Nitain Extracts are bad. Because they mention something worse. 

I have over 100 nitain extracts, I had this many prior to twitch drops. Some of these even came from resource caches. Remember, you can farm Nitain Extracts. 

Gee man, your strawman skills are a cut above the rest.

Nitain is cancer. Nitain is still cancer after the big dojo researches, after Vauban Prime, after Amesha and so on. You want to know why?
Because it is fake throttling of process within a game that does not need it at all. I can have 200 nitain, and I will still call Nitain a cancer.

1 hour ago, WilliamHartono12 said:

I'm just curious on how much people thinks Nitain is still the worst resource to ever released

Personally, I find all of those people that says they have a Job or Work. Stop complaining. I get it its hard for you to get all of them. I will take you weeks or even month.

I am one of these people who work 80+ hour weeks most weeks, and I still have close to 50 of these things just sitting around, so I will back you in that they are not hard to obtain or keep for that matter. I have also built most everything that requires them. I would say keep the nitain alerts the way they are, no need to change them.

I hate nitain, not because of the way I have to get it, but because of how little I get for my effort. I face-tank a whole army while defending some damn cryopod and what do I get? ONE nitain. ONE.

Still, I wouldn't say it's THE worst resource to be added, but definitely one of them. The, by far, WORST resouces however, are every single resource added by PoE. Period.

You can reliably farm everything else in the game. You cannot reliably farm Nitain. 

Ergo, it's the worst by being the only time/RNG-gated resource that is also unaffected by a booster. 

/close thread. 

10 hours ago, krc473 said:

Then why make the thread (and title) about Nitains? Why not make it so its saying "Should mutagen sample drops be changed". It could be compared with Nitain that way. The OP states that Nitain Extract are not the worst. They are comparatively easy and less draining compared to others (i.e. Mutagen, Oxium etc). So it comes across as the OP is not even convinced Nitain Extracts are bad. Because they mention something worse. 

I have over 100 nitain extracts, I had this many prior to twitch drops. Some of these even came from resource caches. Remember, you can farm Nitain Extracts. 

Now I ask, do you get what I'm trying to say? Can you read my sentence again

"If you think this resource is bad. And you have inactive clan. Say goodbye to the weapon that drain your health and replenish it when doing headshots (you know what I'm referring to) "

My point is, For those people who complain about Nitain, they will rage about mutagen, Its just there for the LOLs. Just poking fun of the Mutagen Samples. I am not complaining about mutagen samples. DO I say like "We need to reduce the cost of Hema research". Its like people say like "at least, Mag Prime is better than Excalibur Prime" Do you think he says that he want Excalibur Prime again?

I get you that when I bring something worse, it seems that Its better to discuss about that resource compared to this. But its just there for comparison. I just want to know how much people thinks Nitain are bad. We both know how hard to get Mutagen Samples. But thats not the main point. I just poke fun of it.

AND, I'm not complaining with those resources. I told you that I have 100+ Nitain, My Hema research is done, and got Vauban Prime.

tl;dr Hema is not the main point here, Its just here for the LOLs.

Edited by WilliamHartono12

9 hours ago, R3b3ll10n90s said:

Just trying to craft Wukong but then I took 6 Nitains in the knee. And the only way to get it is through alert one at a time. Since it's not included in any drop table, at least make more reward per mission or better to add it into some bosses' drop table

Nitain has a very (very) small chance to be awarded by finding all three caches in Reactor Sabotages or from Orokin Caches in the void or on Lua. Don't count on it too highly though. Their drop chances are horrendous... If memory serves me right, the highest drop rate is 2% from Kuva Fortress Exterminate caches.

I can buy Hema for platinum if I really want it, but I cannot circumvent the need to do certain alerts if I need nintain. 

I usually play 1 or 2 hours per day and I often go for days without seeing a nintain alert. Luck can be a big factor here.

As somebody already pointed out, time gated resources ease the need to focus farm certain resources because "I don't have enough nintain yet anyway", so it kinda makes sense in a way.

I used to hate nintain as a new player (started playing when harrow came out), but now that Ihave built almost everything that needs it, I find it an alright resource.

And remember that the only things needing nintain that cannot be circumvented with a platinum purchase are primes.

Edited by Tramonto83

If I was working during the time I was crafting and leveling up all of those warframes and weapons that required nitain, I'd probably get pretty bored and just give up.

Basically, nitain is only NOT a problem for people who don't have anything to do but play Warframe all day.

Me, personally, I wouldn't get all salty if the devs decided to give people with lives a break and let them purchase nitain from the store. People that are doing something with their lives shouldn't be punished for it.