Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC - Controller UI - Chat Problems

JonnyOptimus

Hello! I recently started playing Warframe about 10 days ago and am absolutely loving it! But I play through Steam on PC using a PS4 controller and have been having a very hard time with chat. 

1. No way to view info of item links in chat.

I'm assuming when playing with a mouse and keyboard you simply hover the mouse over an item link to view the item's info. With a controller there is no way that I can find to do this and it makes trading (especially as a new player) very difficult because I don't know what anything is. 

Simple fix - When on PC and using the controller UI, when paused and using a mouse, make the cursor visible. 

This would also fix the 2nd most frustrating (for me) thing about the game:

2. Chatting while using the controller UI is very difficult. So much so that I rarely do it, which probably makes me seem very unsocial! 

To chat you need to pause, then press LT, then X, then type, then X again. And when the chat input box is up it then covers the whole screen and you can't see further chat messages until you're done typing. 

Simple fix - same as with the last issue; when on PC and using the controller UI, when paused and using a mouse, make the cursor visible, and/or allow keyboard inputs. If I could (while paused with the chat box up) either press enter to start typing in chat or click on the chat input area, then start typing, the experience would be much more user friendly and intuitive. 

Edited by JonnyOptimus
Edited for clarity