Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baza

Grimmstyler

32 minutes ago, Dahx11 said:

It's gimmick is kinda useless tho :/

I am getting 2k+ headshot crits with Ivara, add in its rate of fire and low recoil and it can hardly be called useless. If you are of the mindset that carries the same weapon for 99% of the games content it will leave some disappointed, but it has its place.

Edited by HexCaliber
spelling

Hmmm useless.... Guess someone should tell the Sortie 3 Corrupted Bombards I was just destroying with it lol.

I think it's a great gun. With Argon and Bladed it sports 100% crit chance and 9.6x crit multi. It's like a mini Soma with better reload speed. Not to mention, it's almost the perfect gun to run the Hunter Munitions / Viral build. Outside of it's mediocre ammo economy, there's really nothing wrong with it.

34 minutes ago, Dahx11 said:

It's gimmick is kinda useless tho :/

Whether w wep is silent or not isn’t a gimmick 

if so, I find bows and throwing knives’ gimmick to be useless because of stealth mechanics....but we don’t care about that do we? 

5 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

if so, I find bows and throwing knives’ gimmick to be useless because of stealth mechanics....but we don’t care about that do we? 

Bow can get stealth multipliers, since they can one shot stuff.

But yea, I am enjoying that weapon. I was using ignis wraith and sometimes the hema. But now, I am running Baza on all missions.

9 minutes ago, HexCaliber said:

I am getting 2k+ headshot crits with Ivara, add in its rate of fire and low recoil and it can hardly be called useless. If you are of the mindset that carries the same weapon for 99% of the games content it will leave some disappointed, but it has its place.

Perhaps I was unclear. I never meant that the weapon itself was useless. I meant that it's gimmick of it being silent is pointless because you very rarely get true stealth kills with it because it normally takes more than one shot to kill an enemy. After the first shot, the enemy becomes alerted and you can't get the stealth benefits from it.

Don't get me wrong, the weapon is strong. I just think marketing it as a silent weapon is pointless.

7 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

We don't. However, the Baza isn't the first "stealth" weapon we received in Warframe. (As you have made quite clear). "Make easy prey of enemies with this quiet, agile and pinpoint accurate tenno submachine gun" is the codex entry and marketing tagline for this weapon. So you would think that it being silent would be of significance. Bows and throwing knives are silent, yes, but that's not a feature that was made as a selling point for those weapons. The Baza, however, has it in it's codex entry. So there was some purpose (or intended purpose) for this feature. Otherwise it would just be a primary that just happens to be silent. And nobody would have a problem with that. 

17 minutes ago, Dahx11 said:

Perhaps I was unclear. I never meant that the weapon itself was useless. I meant that it's gimmick of it being silent is pointless because you very rarely get true stealth kills with it because it normally takes more than one shot to kill an enemy. After the first shot, the enemy becomes alerted and you can't get the stealth benefits from it.

Don't get me wrong, the weapon is strong. I just think marketing it as a silent weapon is pointless.

We don't. However, the Baza isn't the first "stealth" weapon we received in Warframe. (As you have made quite clear). "Make easy prey of enemies with this quiet, agile and pinpoint accurate tenno submachine gun" is the codex entry and marketing tagline for this weapon. So you would think that it being silent would be of significance. Bows and throwing knives are silent, yes, but that's not a feature that was made as a selling point for those weapons. The Baza, however, has it in it's codex entry. So there was some purpose (or intended purpose) for this feature. Otherwise it would just be a primary that just happens to be silent. And nobody would have a problem with that. 

I'd say they mentioned that because of how it sounds. and if you really wanna push it, Ivara has a use for that, so that's a purpose. to me it's just to make it more unique and for that firing sound 

hell, the should mention the corinth has a lion's rawr when you shoot......also, I think we can all agree that these short descriptions are either meaningless or outdated. 

I'm pretty sure that bows and throwing knives being silent is a MASSIVE core feature of their selling point, and the Baza does exactly what it says on the tin, it's a silenced primary that destroys opponents, and I'd argue is the strongest silenced primary in the game for actual combat if things go south for your stealth run, I love bringing it in my pocket to use as a camera/sensor bar picker on Spy's and the like.

a Weapon not making sound is useful for more than just XP Multipliers - but either way the Weapon is effective(competitive with many of the most popular/effective Bullet Hoses) and doesn't overshadow other pre-existing things which should be a win in everyone's book.

5 hours ago, Dahx11 said:

Officially recognized "stealth" kills are not the only purpose of silent weapons. Simply not drawing aggro from the entire room every time you fire is arguably more important.

8 hours ago, Dahx11 said:

Don't get me wrong, the weapon is strong. I just think marketing it as a silent weapon is pointless

It certainly would be nice if the stealth multiplier had a grace period (like killing them within one second of damaging them) rather than requiring a OHKO, so that the Baza and other low DPH weapons could take full advantage of silencers, whether innate or modded for. That said, even without the stealth multiplier the innate silence has its perks, especially with stealth frames like Ivara or Loki.

On 1/2/2018 at 1:23 AM, Paradoxbomb said:

It certainly would be nice if the stealth multiplier had a grace period (like killing them within one second of damaging them) rather than requiring a OHKO, so that the Baza and other low DPH weapons could take full advantage of silencers, whether innate or modded for. That said, even without the stealth multiplier the innate silence has its perks, especially with stealth frames like Ivara or Loki.

The problem is the Baza is actually bad for ivara... Unless you never plan on using her #4.

1 hour ago, Leonix13 said:

The problem is the Baza is actually bad for ivara... Unless you never plan on using her #4.

I don't see how the Baza is bad for Artemis Bow, and even then, no, no one uses Artemis Bow. (not that it's a bad skill in it's current state, it's just not something people really factor into Ivara's kit.) but having an extremely strong high crit precision hitscan silenced automatic weapon is very good for synergizing with stalk's already potent headshot bonus, able to quickly power down many targets with short bursts in rapid order.

It's also one of if not my absolute favourite weapon for Harrow when I'm not using a scourge for similar reasons, it strongly rewards headshots and synergizes really well with making sure you're getting fantastic value out of his reload/fire rate buffs.

8 hours ago, Leonix13 said:

What?!?! Outside of using a Bow, there is no other weapon that is better for Artemis Bow.  If for no other reason than you don't have to waste a mod slot to silence it.  This allows you to mod it for Artemis Bow the same way you would any other bow.  

For example:  A Paris Prime is not going to make Artemis Bow more powerful than a Mk1-Paris with the same mods will.  :smile: Same for the Baza.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

9 hours ago, Leonix13 said:

while it would be a strange Loadout to have Vile Acceleration on Baza for sure - except for that the Mods it uses are already the optimal ones for Artemis Bow.
only a small inconvenience.

2 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

What?!?! Outside of using a Bow, there is no other weapon that is better for Artemis Bow.  If for no other reason than you don't have to waste a mod slot to silence it.  This allows you to mod it for Artemis Bow the same way you would any other bow.  

For example:  A Paris Prime is not going to make Artemis Bow more powerful than a Mk1-Paris with the same mods will.  :smile: Same for the Baza.  

The problem is the mods... Sure if you never intend on using her 4 then the Baza is fine, but the Artimis Bow wants Fire Rate, and Punch mods to be good which you get from Shred. A mod that you don't want on the Baza, in fact some put Critical Delay on the Baza making it even worse for the Artimis Bow.

Thus the Attica the actual best Ivara weapon, and I would even dare to say that the Zhuge is 2nd best because of that.

Again, if you never use her 4 then yeah the Baza is great, but if you do like I do, then its not.

Edited by Leonix13

15 minutes ago, Leonix13 said:

The problem is the mods... Sure if you never intend on using her 4 then the Baza is fine, but the Artimis Bow wants Fire Rate, and Punch mods to be good which you get from Shred. A mod that you don't want on the Baza, making the Attica the actual best Ivara weapon, and I would even dare to say that the Zhuge is 2nd best because of that.

Again, if you never use her 4 then yeah the Baza is great, but if you do like I do, then its not.

All I have to say in regards to this is that you really should have a look at my in-game profile first before dismissing anything that I've said in regards to Ivara and/or Artemis Bow.  

I know for a fact that you don't need Fire Rate with Artemis Bow or Punch thru mods.  Why, because fire rate only effects how fast you change the orientation/tilt of the shots. Which is a personal preference that varies per player.  Reload speed will actually make Artemis Bow fire faster.  Other than that, it fires just as fast as you can pull the trigger/hit the button.   Punch thru just isn't needed as Artemis Bow already can shoot through walls without punch thru mods.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

11 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

All I have to say in regards to this is that you really should have a look at my in-game profile first before dismissing anything that I've said in regards to Ivara and/or Artemis Bow.  

I know for a fact that you don't need Fire Rate with Artemis Bow or Punch thru mods.  Why, because fire rate only effects how fast you change the orientation/tilt of the shots. Which is a personal preference that varies per player.   Punch thru just isn't needed as Artemis Bow already can shoot through walls without punch thru mods.  

Being able to quickly go horizontal is key to making full use of 4, and it doesn't have Punch it only ragdolls on kill like a unmodded Attica, Boltor, or Zhuge.

5 minutes ago, Leonix13 said:

Being able to quickly go horizontal is key to making full use of 4

Again, that is personal preference.  I tend to shoot vertically more than horizontal.  So, that one isn't a must have in a build.

5 minutes ago, Leonix13 said:

it doesn't have Punch it only ragdolls on kill like a unmodded Attica, Boltor, or Zhuge.

True but it still shoots through walls and doors.  Something I've done quite a few times.  :smile:  hehe.  

Which still doesn't change that modding for the Baza isn't bad for Artemis Bow.  Then again there are quite a few who seem to think that they should be able to one shot everything with a negative power strength Artemis Bow.  LOL

Edited by DatDarkOne

19 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Again, that is personal preference.  I tend to shoot vertically more than horizontal.  So, that one isn't a must have in a build.

True but it still shoots through walls and doors.  Something I've done quite a few times.  :smile:  hehe.  

Which still doesn't change that modding for the Baza isn't bad for Artemis Bow.  Then again there are quite a few who seem to think that they should be able to one shot everything with a negative power strength Artemis Bow.  LOL

True, I shoot both ways when i feel the need to use her 4 in a "charge shoot- tap shoot - charge" pattern.. Having that horizontal option is what separates it from shotguns and the Ceranos Prime.

I don't know why it does that, but I still like to be able to punch through shields and multiple bodies.

Let me rephrase then... The Baza isn't bad, its just that other weapons use more mods the Artimis Bow can use to make it more effective.

Edited by Leonix13