Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible fixes for "Update & log in fails"

Lady_On_Duty

hi, hope this can help developers looking into these problems many people are having

i'm from thailand and been playing this game since the end of 2017 and started having these problems after new year 2018

the first one, the launcher wouldn't work anymore, as soon as i ran the launcher it would show the error instantly like i had no internet connection with error message ..

"Update failed!
Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers.
The update will be restarted shortly… "

the first thing i tried was using VPN, i tried "Cyberghost" and it worked somehow but it was too annoying to having to run and connect VPN everytime i wanna play so i tried the browser thingy, i normally use Firefox but also tried Internet Explorer to see if it could open warframe.com and it still worked but the launcher was still the same giving error, i then messed with something in Internet Explorer option and managed to fix this error somehow, i'm not sure what did it, it was probably "deleting and clear" stuff, "certificate things" or ticking around boxes in "LAN settings" under Connection tab

the second one, i got the launcher working and got into the game and log in but whatever i entered i would only get..

" Login failed. Check your info "

instantly like i had no internet at all as well, so i googled and tried enabling "Workstation service" (start -> run -> services.msc) and it works.

now my game is working normally again, hope this help anyone who comes to see this and specially developers to get these fixed with the game itself for a lot of people who don't google or don't know computer at all.

Edited by Lady_On_Duty

2 hours ago, Lady_On_Duty said:

hi, hope this can help developers looking into these problems many people are having

i'm from thailand and been playing this game since the end of 2017 and started having these problems after new year 2018

the first one, the launcher wouldn't work anymore, as soon as i ran the launcher it would show the error instantly like i had no internet connection with error message ..

"Update failed!
Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers.
The update will be restarted shortly… "

the first thing i tried was using VPN, i tried "Cyberghost" and it worked somehow but it was too annoying to having to run and connect VPN everytime i wanna play so i tried the browser thingy, i normally use Firefox but also tried Internet Explorer to see if it could open warframe.com and it still worked but the launcher was still the same giving error, i then messed with something in Internet Explorer option and managed to fix this error somehow, i'm not sure what did it, it was probably "deleting and clear" stuff, "certificate things" or ticking around boxes in "LAN settings" under Connection tab

the second one, i got the launcher working and got into the game and log in but whatever i entered i would only get..

" Login failed. Check your info "

instantly like i had no internet at all as well, so i googled and tried enabling "Workstation service" (start -> run -> services.msc) and it works.

now my game is working normally again, hope this help anyone who comes to see this and specially developers to get these fixed with the game itself for a lot of people who don't google or don't know computer at all.

i really wish this worked on mine, but sadly my issue persist. thanks for sharing your way of fixing your issue.

well try these, this is as far as i could remember what i did

1. disabled 64 bits in the launcher

2. go to Start -> Run -> type "services.msc" without quote , look for "Workstation" set it to "Start" and set to "Automatic"

3. restart your router, go to Control panel -> internet options

3.1 under General (1st tab) press "delete" tick everything and delete all them (if ur sure u dont need any of those"

3.2 under Connection tab -> Lan settings there should be 3 check boxes , try with every boxes unchecked see if it works,  if not then try checking each box 1 by 1 and see which 1 would work or which 2 boxes works or just all 3

4. use VPN like "Cyberghost" or something else you may be fine with (but make sure all 3 check boxes under LAN settings are unchcked before using VPN)