Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LuLu_HoHo

Question regarding riven mods stats as values.

Question

I'm not asking about the price of rivens, but rather the estatistical data regarding the possible stats themselves!

I see around people "greading" rivens, based on how high are the %s on each stats... How do we know how high can a stat be? 

I also see people posting what looks like a SS of an app with the riven pick and a grade based on A+ to C- on its stats... What is the name of this app?

2 answers to this question

Value is subjective. Any type of grade they create is how they personaly feel about it. I myself grade rivens base on the weapon's stats. For exemple, if a weapon can get close to 100% crit, or 100% status, a riven will be great if it can hit that 100% because I like the consistency. Not only that, I myself look to a weapons flaw and try to fix it with a riven (take aklex and it's 3s reload as an exemple). For some people, the more damage the better, so an Aklex Riven with reload speed would have a terrible grade, but for me, if it doesn't fix the main problem of the weapon, it will be strong but terrible to actually use. So there is no point in gradeing rivens

This has relatively close min/max stats for Rivens of each weapon type.

https://semlar.com/rivencalc

If there's an app trying to grade rivens based on the stat rolls it's prolly trash and should be ignored. If it's judging them on numerical values, it's a bit redundant.

The damage system is not so easy as to say one stat is implicitly better than another in every circumstance. +%Toxic +%Multishot will be better at dealing with armor over +%Crit +%Crit damage for instance. There are few weapons where one set of rolls is the best option. I don't know if that's what this app is. I'm just warning in case.