Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What weapons would you like to see in game!?

(PSN)i7081277

2 hours ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

Would be better if the operator got the weapon instead of the warframe? Would be nice as their first melee weapon. LOL

What would the weapon augment, or add? Would it replace the Void Blast, or would we be able to add it to our load-out, like the Amp?

Well, I've got a few basic ideas for weapons I want here. I've got pages and pages of Warframe gun ideas (I really want the Tenno Lemat series that I posted earlier, a Tenno AN-94, a shotgun with the Harpak's altfire, and a Grineer pump-action shotgun [/shamelessplug]) but the ones that feel most helpful at the moment would be:

1. Some kind of Cephalon weapon that isn't useless against Grineer and Infested.

• Admittedly, the Gammacor probably isn't totally useless against the Grineer (I haven't used it that much, so I can't judge) but... would you really want to use it against them? Really? I'm honestly starting to feel bad for the Cephalon Suda operatives that go up against Grineer with a sidearm that doesn't exploit Grineer weaknesses at all. Maybe some kind of beam weapon that deconstructs enemies but is treated as a corrosive weapon mechanics-wise...
  • I've also worked on making a Cephalon beam assault rifle that has a shotgun altfire. I'll have to get back to that.

2. Corpus Combined Arms

• Okay, this probably counts less as "weapons" and more under "enemy types," but a lot of Corpus troops that I fight feel kind of... samey. I realize they're mostly going to be robots, but I get a bit annoyed with how it's all Lankas, Detrons, Supras, Angstrums, Flux Rifles, and Deras. I'm thinking it could be nice to have Corpus weaponry that feels more... weapon-ish. Like, a Corpus battle rifle, a Corpus burstfire rifle, another Corpus shotgun...

3. Grineer Combined Arms 

• I've toyed with the idea of having a Grineer battle rifle - you know, a mid-range semiauto hybrid between assault rifle and sniper. Like the M14 in every game it's in. But, well, I always ran into the same few problems.
    • 1. How do I make it not feel like the Latron? (i.e, underwhelming and not nearly as spontaneous as my various revolvers)
    • 2. How do I make it competitive with our massive array of semiauto pistols without it being overpowered?
    • 3. Inevitably, I end up drawing it so it looks like an M14/Karak hybrid. That won't work anymore cause I already made one.

grineer__garnlok__rifle_by_haruaxeman-dc

Hoo boy, gonna have to keep the list short or else there's gonna be a 5 page list of what I want, but anyways:

• Umbrella

The potential in this is far beyond what it sounds. What I have in mind is a puncture base melee weapon that can switch into a powerful rapid fire rifle. The aim button could be used to open the umbrella to shield incoming attacks. In terms of visibility, make the umbrella panel energy base or see through.

•Blast Knuckles

Imagine sparring weapons, only they blow  people up upon contact, with the benefit of being able to shoot as well. Kinda like Yang's weapon from RWBY I guess.

•Two-handed Scythe

I'm practically begging for this to happen at this point. I just want a two-handed scythe to complete my Bloodborne cosplay

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)Fluffywolf36 said:

Well, I've got a few basic ideas for weapons I want here. I've got pages and pages of Warframe gun ideas (I really want the Tenno Lemat series that I posted earlier, a Tenno AN-94, a shotgun with the Harpak's altfire, and a Grineer pump-action shotgun [/shamelessplug]).

The AN-94 intrigued me, I checked it out and I like your idea for the mechanics, however aesthetically it looks too beefy to seem AN-94 inspired, the real AN is quite long and slender, this rifle seems to be more of a carbine. Acknowledging that it isn't meant to directly resemble the AN, it looks great, I would personally add some barrel length to it, but appart from that small personal issue, I like it.

As a side note, the AN's internal mechanics are really intriguing, really unique.

4 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

I want a gun that has infinite punch through.

It will only have 1 bullet and on first shot, it will kill along the way and hit a wall then on 2nd shot, the bullet will fly back to the gun killing along the way.

You do realise if it has infinite punch through, it will pass through walls...

1 hour ago, The_Polish said:

You do realise if it has infinite punch through, it will pass through walls...

I have a sneaking suspicion that that was a joke meant to be as ludicrous as possible.

(Even if I did make a 2.2 punch-through grin slug shotgun for "conga line" slaying purposes. . . cough cough.)

Edited by Unus

We have whips, but no Flails! There are also a bunch of assets already in game they could use, like the Grineer worker tools. Also, chainsaws or continuous melee weapons that you hold down the melee button to attack. Also a Speargun + Machine gun. All of our current spear guns fire relatively slowly.

Edited by (PS4)Multi-Melta

throwing weapon:

deck of card.

damage 10 - 130

crit chance 25%

stat chance 25%

A - > K = 13
spade to diamond = 4

Ball

Lunaro in normal game, i love playing dodge ball with grinneer ( if they can dodge )

shooting energy ball that can bounce sounds fun

primary

wave slash gun with wide ark.

we have opticcor punture, arca plasmor a spiral wave but we dont have flat wave shot energy weapon

Lets compelte the whole set ( excalibur exlated blade animation)

melee

LAser sword. Really laser sword or light sabre.

14 hours ago, The_Polish said:
23 hours ago, (Xbox One)Fluffywolf36 said:

Well, I've got a few basic ideas for weapons I want here. I've got pages and pages of Warframe gun ideas (I really want the Tenno Lemat series that I posted earlier, a Tenno AN-94, a shotgun with the Harpak's altfire, and a Grineer pump-action shotgun [/shamelessplug]).

The AN-94 intrigued me, I checked it out and I like your idea for the mechanics, however aesthetically it looks too beefy to seem AN-94 inspired, the real AN is quite long and slender, this rifle seems to be more of a carbine. Acknowledging that it isn't meant to directly resemble the AN, it looks great, I would personally add some barrel length to it, but appart from that small personal issue, I like it

Thanks so much! ^~^ I'm glad you like the fire rate mechanics, too. Originally, I wasn't going to add in the unique damage mechanics for the burst, but then I realized that it probably wouldn't be that noticeable without a gimmick. 

The AN-94 is so overdesigned that I knew it was exactly the kind of thing the Orokin would make. As for the EXTRA BEEF, well... that's because I also jokingly thought of giving it a balanced recoil system on top of the AN94's ridiculous amount of parts. As shown here.

e83cid.gif

This is part of why it's so beefy. Adding a balanced recoil system essentially gives it two gas tubes, one above the other. Which means... again, exactly the kind of overcomplicated thing the Orokin would make. 

On 3.02.2018 at 11:27 PM, (Xbox One)Fluffywolf36 said:

Thanks so much! ^~^ I'm glad you like the fire rate mechanics, too. Originally, I wasn't going to add in the unique damage mechanics for the burst, but then I realized that it probably wouldn't be that noticeable without a gimmick. 

The AN-94 is so overdesigned that I knew it was exactly the kind of thing the Orokin would make. As for the EXTRA BEEF, well... that's because I also jokingly thought of giving it a balanced recoil system on top of the AN94's ridiculous amount of parts. As shown here.

e83cid.gif

This is part of why it's so beefy. Adding a balanced recoil system essentially gives it two gas tubes, one above the other. Which means... again, exactly the kind of overcomplicated thing the Orokin would make. 

I'm pretty sure the AN has even more parts than the animation shows. Also I don't think two gas tubes would decrease recoil (or at least not substantially). It would make sense of if it were 1 gas tube and one extra recoil spring, though that would limit rate of fire somewhat. It could also just be dead weight, not very elegant method of reducing recoil but if you use a dense material like Lead or even Depleted Uranium you can get a lot of weight, and then using the law of conservation of momentum; light projectile flying fast = heavy gun (and Warframe) going slowly (speed is this the recoil here (impulse more accurately but oh well)). Best ways would be making the components heavier, adding a heavy barrel, and a very good muzzle brake. But that also makes the gun heavy to carry meaning it isn't as practical, but I mean we have giant Warframes that spin a giant sword faster than we can blink, I don't think weight is going to be an issue.

Also the AN's barrel moves backwards to enable it to fire two shots before the gun recoils. Which I find is pretty neato.

Edit:

Okay I thought on the recoil balancing stuff, the thing in the animation I'm 73.7% sure has a different purpose, something to do with a pulley system. Anyway, so on your design there is a bit of extra shtuff under the barrel, not only does it look nice, but we can use it to reduce recoil, have it like a gas piston, but it's very heavy and large, and instead of going backwards it goes forward thus mitigating some of the momentum. But how does it go forward in hear you asking, well... I first thought of having a hole the barrel at the beginning of it, but that would cause the piston to potentially go forward before the bullet does... And I just realised that when it goes back it would induce more recoil. Oh well... I'm still going to leave this here, if anybody's interested I can continue with the idea although it will not actually reduce recoil just delay.

Edited by The_Polish

I would like to see more gunblades added to the game  and maybe even prime varients of the current ones, zaw gunblades would also be fun. not sure how popular the gunblades are as oppesed to other mele but I feel like they don't have a large enough fanbase seeing as I never really see anyone but me and a occasional other using them.

I also think that it would be nice to have a much higher freedom of choice as to what weapons we take into missions with us, i would like to have the option to place a pair of galatines on my back and run a sword and shield just for the way it would look.

Edited by Daskrieg

22 hours ago, Daskrieg said:

I would like to see more gunblades added to the game  and maybe even prime varients of the current ones, zaw gunblades would also be fun. not sure how popular the gunblades are as oppesed to other mele but I feel like they don't have a large enough fanbase seeing as I never really see anyone but me and a occasional other using them.

I also think that it would be nice to have a much higher freedom of choice as to what weapons we take into missions with us, i would like to have the option to place a pair of galatines on my back and run a sword and shield just for the way it would look.

The thing with gunblades, you can always get better result of you use a weapon like the Euphona or Tigris and use the melee's quick attack, sure you don't get the nice combos, but works so much better. I've been running with an Orthos Prime and Euphona Prime for some time now like this and it works wonders, to take out the masses the Orthos, for somerhing that would need more slices the Euphona's buckshot, and for targets at range the slug. 

But that second point is very attractive. I barely ever use a primary nowadays, so getting another melee like the Galatine to my Orthos, or a Vasto prime for when I want to wreak my hand's muscles would be a welcome addition.

Edited by The_Polish

On 2/5/2018 at 12:12 PM, The_Polish said:

I'm pretty sure the AN has even more parts than the animation shows. Also I don't think two gas tubes would decrease recoil (or at least not substantially). It would make sense of if it were 1 gas tube and one extra recoil spring, though that would limit rate of fire somewhat. It could also just be dead weight, not very elegant method of reducing recoil but if you use a dense material like Lead or even Depleted Uranium you can get a lot of weight, and then using the law of conservation of momentum; light projectile flying fast = heavy gun (and Warframe) going slowly (speed is this the recoil here (impulse more accurately but oh well)). Best ways would be making the components heavier, adding a heavy barrel, and a very good muzzle brake. But that also makes the gun heavy to carry meaning it isn't as practical, but I mean we have giant Warframes that spin a giant sword faster than we can blink, I don't think weight is going to be an issue.

Nah, that's an AK-112 in the gif. Totally different.

On 7.02.2018 at 4:21 AM, (Xbox One)Fluffywolf36 said:

Nah, that's an AK-112 in the gif. Totally different.

Ahh, I knew something was not as it should have been. Generally the AK pattern of rifles look very similar. (My favourite AK rifle (strictly AK) has to be the AK-103, against all reason)

Edited by The_Polish