The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

zaws and amps

Jim22

ssomeone please tell me why you need to gild both just to get 3k MR it dosnt make any sense because obviously i will never use that zaw i build and by build i mean make a bad zaw just so i can get the 3k MR and i would never use that zaw again.

Edited by Jim22

why wouldnt you use them?  if built right, the dagger is the best dagger in the game.  same is true for machetes (i know - not saying much) and swords are on par with the best available or better.  Staves/polearms are also equivalent weapons to some of the best in the game.  The idea that zaws were trash weapons for pure MR was debunked long ago. 

find a weapon you like, research it, build it, and see for yourself.  

Having a good amp build will not only make the eidolon fights easier but sometimes essential, and much, much more enjoyable. 

As for zaw, I have no idea why some people still think they're trash. Only people who do that are the people who haven't even tried a single one like yourself. 

Just now, (Xbox One)Juniormech777 said:

None of us here can logically explain why.

You tried to think logically in warframe? you much be new here. :crylaugh:

As for the OP some Zaws are worth using, I was the same thought why would I ever use one for something other than fodder, then started to play around with them and found a really nice build I like and now its the only melee I use.

The amps are the stupidest thing I've ever done for MR.  Leveling them to 30 does nothing since there are no mods.  Gilding doesn't even change the stats for the Mote Amp.  Best advice:  get a 3 day affinity booster, then run a bunch of high level spies.  Do the hacks as your operator, the affinity goes straight to the amp and isn't shared with the rest of your kit.  

6 hours ago, Jim22 said:

it dosnt make any sense because obviously i will never use the zaw i build.

Your loss, because this:

6 hours ago, EmilotMargus said:

As for zaw, I have no idea why some people still think they're trash. Only people who do that are the people who haven't even tried a single one like yourself. 

Zaw are hands down the best melee weapons in many categories. No other dagger or machete can even compete with Zaw builds and plagued polearm, staff, rapier, scythe are top of the line.

Edited by saradonin

26 minutes ago, saradonin said:

Your loss, because this:

no i meaning if i build a zaw  im just building so i can get the 3k MR im not going to build a really good zaw and just leave it. if you get what i mean.

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

The amps are the stupidest thing I've ever done for MR.  Leveling them to 30 does nothing since there are no mods.  Gilding doesn't even change the stats for the Mote Amp.  Best advice:  get a 3 day affinity booster, then run a bunch of high level spies.  Do the hacks as your operator, the affinity goes straight to the amp and isn't shared with the rest of your kit.  

i go to hydron and stay in tenno form.

6 hours ago, EmilotMargus said:

Having a good amp build will not only make the eidolon fights easier but sometimes essential, and much, much more enjoyable. 

actually i have built 8 zaws im saying that if i want to make a zaw just to get the 3k MR. im going to build a really bad one becasue why would i build a good zaw just to get 3k MR and probably never use that zaw again.

Just another voice pointing out the following: If a weapon category includes Zaws, then the strongest weapon in that category is a Zaw.

Single swords - Zaw.

Polearms - Zaw.

Daggers - oh Jesus it’s a Zaw, and the difference is not small.

Rapiers - A crit Zaw outshines the Destreza, and a Status Zaw reks the Endura.

Machetes - I guess if you really want a good machete, you build a Zaw.

4 hours ago, Jim22 said:

actually i have built 8 zaws im saying that if i want to make a zaw just to get the 3k MR. im going to build a really bad one becasue why would i build a good zaw just to get 3k MR and probably never use that zaw again.

Why would you build a bad one when you could build a good one for the same effort.

11 minutes ago, Sabreracer said:

Why would you build a bad one when you could build a good one for the same effort.

Because cynicism about game mechanics? ‘I’m only doing it for the MR, so why would I bother getting MR from the objectively best polearm in the game when instead I could make a really crappy weapon and then complain about how crappy it is?’

Edited by BornWithTeeth

12 часов назад, Xantheis сказал:

why wouldnt you use them?  if built right, the dagger is the best dagger in the game.  same is true for machetes (i know - not saying much) and swords are on par with the best available or better.  Staves/polearms are also equivalent weapons to some of the best in the game.  The idea that zaws were trash weapons for pure MR was debunked long ago. 

find a weapon you like, research it, build it, and see for yourself.  

They're ugly af. The only reason to use it is having a riven for it or not having other strong weapons. But in general yes they're mr fodders.

And a dagger is only good if you like daggers or will use it with Ash or Inaros.

il y a 26 minutes, Kuestenjung a dit :

Depends on how many Zaws you actually build. If it is only 1 then I would say there could be a bug. If you build all then I would say you didn´t paid enough attention on your MR bar.

I have all the Zaws, and half of them full on my profile. Never gilded any

unknown.png?width=770&height=434

Only diff I can find is that I crafted those with last tier parts, not cheap ones. I also made some crap Zaws, I'll try to xp them to see if I still earn mastery

20 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

I have all the Zaws, and half of them full on my profile. Never gilded any

unknown.png?width=770&height=434

Only diff I can find is that I crafted those with last tier parts, not cheap ones. I also made some crap Zaws, I'll try to xp them to see if I still earn mastery

The strike is marked as complete when you level it to 30, but you don't get any mastery until you gild it and level it again. So the equipment screen is very misleading.

I have 2 zaws that are fun to use, but they are so ugly that I prefer other weapons...it's not like non-zaws can't get the job done. It's nice having choices, I'd pay more attention to zaws if I could disassemble them (and use skins), zaw experimentation is too tedious for me currently.

1 hour ago, -Temp0- said:

They're ugly af. The only reason to use it is having a riven for it or not having other strong weapons. But in general yes they're mr fodders.

And a dagger is only good if you like daggers or will use it with Ash or Inaros.

aesthetics are individual - some like the way they look.  I am not bothered by it. and skins would address the appearance issues if/when that becomes an option

Daggers are good for any finisher frame as well as Ash and/or Inaros so, not limited there (stealth as well as others)

The weapon stats are as good or better than any other weapon in game. Even if you dont like the way they look and even if you already have guandao/orthos prime/insert weapon name here and dont want a zaw polearm, having a top tier zaw with a focus lens that you only use for focus farming is still useful. 

Dismissing them out of hand as crap isnt accurate.  saying you dont like them, however, is just fine.  i wont change your opinion.