Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas for a few new weapons that I've thought up over the past year

METAHUMVN

Hey guys so I've been thinking up some cool weapons I'd love to see introduced into Warframe. I've had a lot of ideas, but there are the ones that I have stuck with me over the past. I've also discussed them with other players and gotten some positive feedback, so here they are. I admit - some of them are bit far out, but just bear with me. It's not all serious; some of them are a joke but laugh along. Most of these aren't original and have been proposed by other players in times past; I'm just re-expressing them. 

First off, hats off to DE for announcing that a great katana sword (https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/7ayuut/a_new_twohanded_katana_is_in_the_works/) is in the works. A lot of people (including me) have been hoping to see a weapon like this for some time, so I think I should be sure to mention it (although a lot of you probably already know). 

Okay now to the crazy stuff I wanna see in this game (some just have descriptions or placeholder names). If you want to find where the images came from, just do the "search image" function by right-clicking on the picture because I'm just getting random images from the web that picture what I'm thinking; I'm not too concerned about where they came from per se. 

Electric Sniper Railgun

I love to see a railgun sniper in the game. This gun would deal base elemental dmg, would be hitscan (do the speed of the energy), and would carry similar stats to most other snipers. The "bullet" would be more like a single beam from the Amprex that would just shoot-out and hit the target like lightning, if you get what I mean. I thinking that it should be an upper-tier weapon that deals a good amount of radiation dmg by base, high has critical stats, and is locked at around MR8 or so. Here are some "visualizations" to help you get the idea; take or leave what you will. 

Spoiler

Related image

Spoiler

Vulcan (a true minigun primary weapon)

The name says it all. Yes I know we have the Grattler, and the Tenora, etc. I'm talking about a real classic minigun that does an insane rate of dps, SOUNDS epic while doing so, and has that "top grip" mechanic that most miniguns other games have. Again, this would be a primary weapon, would feature a spool-up mechanic, would be probably be more a status-based weapon that thrives on sheer firepower, and would be best used when fired in short bursts. Here's the visualization: 

Spoiler

Chainsaw Melee

I know we're getting a buzzsaw melee in the future, and I know we have the Ripkas, but we need a bonafide chainsaw in this game. It would make its own sound, and when equipped (full melee mode), you would get some really sweet finishers and animations. It be slow to wield, deal insane status dmg, probably deal primary slash dmg, and would have some hidden mechanic that boosts its performance against armored targets and such. If this can't be incorporated as an actual weapon, perhaps it would be incorporated as an "exalted" weapon on some future warframe. 

Spoiler

Dual Heks

Okay okay okay I know, this is probably never going to happen, but every time I see this guy:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Executioners/Dhurnam

I can help but wonder. I'm not the only one who's thinking of this either. 

https://steamcommunity.com/app/230410/discussions/0/358415206085343575/

We have twin grakatas, ak(pretty much every pistol), etc. I know it'd be a holstering nightmare, but c'mon. It'd be so badass.

OKAY so I think that's it for now; I just wanna get this off my chest because I'm itching to see these types of weapons in the game. What do you guys think? Are there other types of similar weapons that you'd love to see? How ridiculous do you think my ideas are? 

-:satisfied:

Edited by UMBRAREAPER