The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's your favorite focus school now?

Hypernaut1

Mine was naramon before the rework and now it's still naramon. I like the combo meter passive, void dash ability,  void blast disarm and the operator speed buff. 

What schools are you guys enjoying and why? Glancing at the other schools, I don't see a reason to switch. 

Before the focus school rework, I primarily used Zenurik. I loved getting the free energy. After the focus rework, I experimented with Vazarin and started to enjoy using the focus school. I still do use Zenurik, but using Vazarin is way too much enjoyable to not use as a school. 

Is there any other reason besides energy regen why people like zenurik? I spam energy pads easily enough (I go into missions with no less than 20), so zenurik seems like a waste of  an ability to me.  Do you use zenurik for anything other than the energy regen drop?

10 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Is there any other reason besides energy regen why people like zenurik? I spam energy pads easily enough (I go into missions with no less than 20), so zenurik seems like a waste of  an ability to me.  Do you use zenurik for anything other than the energy regen drop?

I enjoy using Voltaic Blast to stun enemies, which is quite nice to use. That’s all I really have unlocked for Zenurik at the moment, since I don’t have a Zenurik lens right now. I do understand you though, I don’t really use the energy pads since I’m extremely lazy to build them in the foundry which is why I use Zenurik. But, overall, I use Energizing Dash, for obvious reasons.

When I do get bored of Zenurik, I use Vazarin though.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX
Punctuation Error

7 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

In addition to the energy regen bubble from void dashing, Zenurik means you regain a lot more energy from each energy orb pickup.

7 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Is there any other reason besides energy regen why people like zenurik?

I really don't think so. Excluding the Way-Bound Passive Focus Abilities, Energizing Dash is easily my favorite Focus Ability.

If I just want to play a mission as my Operator though, I'd pick either Madurai or Vazarin...

No one likes to spam energy pads for trivial missions that's why many run zenurik. Spamming consumables is a really pathetic way to play it also means *wasting* valuable resources you will later have to fram to continue to burn those resources. The energy thing also affects operator meaning he will be able to stay in void mode longer, regenerate energy faster and make more void dashes with unlocked mind sprint up to 6 times allowing to travel for more than 200 meters or so in a second without the need to use specific warfame or an archwing.

Other schools barely do *something* that would benefit you in missions doesn't matter if high or low level. The only useful thing is unairu's 75% armor stripping on void dash cause it allows you to permanently stip armor oin anything with a single cp equiped, insanely useful for pub or solo assassination sorties. Everything else is garbage. Naramon's affinity spike is only used for focus and so is vazarin's +25m affinity range that can be replaced for a way greater effect with fosfor for 200 meters total. Naramon's passive that makes melee counter decay is only useful in long survivals. Vazarin's instant revives now are an absolute garbage because if you go in a mission with a mindset of reviving teamamtes you anticipate that they will be dying more time than just 4 usually so that's about it.

Edited by -Temp0-

4 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

No one likes to spam energy pads for trivial missions that's why many run zenurik. Spamming consumables is a really pathetic way to play it also means *wasting* valuable resources you will later have to fram to continue to burn those resources. The energy thing also affects operator meaning he will be able to stay in void mode longer, regenerate energy faster and make more void dashes with unlocked mind sprint up to 6 times allowing to travel for more than 200 meters or so in a second without the need to use specific warfame or an archwing.

Other schools barely do *something* that would benefit you in missions doesn't matter if high or low level. The only useful thing is unairu's 75% armor stripping on void dash cause it allows you to permanently stip armor oin anything with a single cp equiped, insanely useful for pub or solo assassination sorties. Everything else is garbage. Naramon's affinity spike is only used for focus and so is vazarin's +25m affinity range that can be replaced for a way greater effect with fosfor for 200 meters total. Naramon's passive that makes melee counter decay is only useful in long survivals. Vazarin's instant revives now are an absolute garbage because if you go in a mission with a mindset of reviving teamamtes you anticipate that they will be dying more time than just 4 usually so that's about it.

Well, couple of things?

Waybounds mean that Operator stat increases are functionally universal once you have them unlocked. No matter what School I have active, my Operator is a tank with massive energy and ammunition reserves and regeneration rate, regenerating health, and extended jump distance.

Even outside of long Survival, Naramon’s melee combo counter pretty much directly translates to having the equivalent of a double damage buff for melee for well upwards of half of he mission time, due to the fact that a melee weapon with either a combo extender (like Body Count or Drifting Contact) or a polearm with significant range extension for massive sweeping multi-hits will rack up huge combo count which can carry between skirmishes for up to a minute. It also helps Ash get damage multipliers on his ulti.

Vazarin is pretty weak, sadly. The affinity range is nice.

Madurai...eh.

Цитата

Waybounds mean that Operator stat increases are functionally universal once you have them unlocked. No matter what School I have active, my Operator is a tank with massive energy and ammunition reserves and regeneration rate, regenerating health, and extended jump distance.

How that has anything to do with what I said? No matter how many waybounds you unlocked it's still more useful to run zenurik. No paths I mentioned are waybounds anyway.

Which is why btw if DE only actually cared about diversity could be easily fixed by making energizing dash a wybound.

Цитата

Even outside of long Survival, Naramon’s melee combo counter pretty much directly translates to having the equivalent of a double damage buff for melee for well upwards of half of he mission time

Single mod like body count eliminates the need of this thing. 

Цитата

It also helps Ash get damage multipliers on his ulti.

So do countless mods like drifting contact and body count since you cna stuff all of them in his melee if you only plan on using 4 and 3. Ash would benefit far more from an energy regen to continue to spam his 4 than from another thing that extends his combo counter since you can already have 3+  of those mods not counting a riven on a melee. Especially if you have no arcane energize.

8 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

What? Lol, ok. My "pathetic" playstyle is easy to maintain. If the mission is easy, I'm not needing much energy anyway and the resource cost is trivial. I'm not wasting anything. What else do I need those resources for? 

Energy pads are just faster and more convenient for me. I can pop 2 for 200 energy instantly and be on my way. 

Your other points have merit though. I'll consider that if I get bored of zaramon. I haven't found that I've needed more energy as operator though, I don't stay in that form long enough to need energy often. But maybe if I could spam my blood abilities more, it would give me more reason.

8 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

How that has anything to do with what I said? No matter how many waybounds you unlocked it's still more useful to run zenurik. No paths I mentioned are waybounds anyway.

Which is why btw if DE only actually cared about diversity could be easily fixed by making energizing dash a wybound.

Single mod like body count eliminates the need of this thing. 

So do countless mods like drifting contact and body count since you cna stuff all of them in his melee if you only plan on using 4 and 3. Ash would benefit far more from an energy regen to continue to spam his 4 than from another thing that extends his combo counter since you can already have 3+  of those mods not counting a riven on a melee. Especially if you have no arcane energize.

Naramon passive saves you from having to use a mod spot for drifting contact/body count. Isn't that advantage obvious? In place of that I could use more damage or anything else. That's why it's cool. Those mods work well together with the passive too because they work different. The passive slows decay while the mod just delays it.

I play a lot of Ash, the burst of energy I get from pads do him well enough. With naramon I get the melee passive AND energy. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

My favorites used to be Zenurik for easy energy economy and Naramon for those Sword Alone moments.

I am now addicted to Madurai, however. A passive 25% bonus to all damage output is just always nice. Oh, and Naramon for general swording and affinity gain purposes, of course.

Цитата

I'm not needing much energy anyway and the resource cost is trivial.

It's not. People that use polymer bundles will be forced to farm them eventually as they are needed in many things. And that is a pain when you need them for something like Razorback ciphers for example and have to farm. Farming is boring as heck, especially for older players even when you know how to make it fast it's still like watching the paint dry so anyone who can would rather avoid it.

Using them sometimes is not a big deal but using them all the time like you would normally use energizing dash or even energy siphon is a nah. For many players. They would rather go down and such things but not use consumables. You can see the same even in raids. They will expect to get energy from ev and will use the pads even if they absolutely can not get it from her. Because otherwise you can easily burn 20-50 pads per one raid.

Цитата

Naramon passive saves you from having to use a mod spot for drifting contact. Isn't that advantage obvious?

It's not enough. And just like that zenurik saves you from farming ***ty polymers. Using a mod>farming later.

Edited by -Temp0-

The one I normally leave it on, which in my case is zenurik, although I have the same sort of level on naramon and vazarin (I think thats the third one I'm pretty high on). 

Now I'd likely use more of them if there was a quicker way to swap or a way to assign to my saved loadouts but, even though we keep asking for it, there's not....well assuming I could actually get enough focus without meta farming to level up the others more...

18 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

It's not. People that use polymer bundles will be forced to farm them eventually as they are needed in many things. And that is a pain when you need them for something like Razorback ciphers for example and have to farm. Farming is boring as heck, especially for older players even when you know how to make it fast it's still like watching the paint dry so anyone who can would rather avoid it.

Using them sometimes is not a big deal but using them all the time like you would normally use energizing dash or even energy siphon is a nah. For many players. They would rather go down and such things but not use consumables. You can see the same even in raids. They will expect to get energy from ev and will use the pads even if they absolutely can not get it from her. Because otherwise you can easily burn 20-50 pads per one raid.

It's not enough. And just like that zenurik saves you from farming ***ty polymers. Using a mod>farming later.

I'm a vet. Those polymer bundles are trivial to me. I don't need to farm them. I easily maintain my pads from just passively playing. I really rarely use them for much else in this game. I don't remember the last time I had to farm them. 

So it's not "using a mod> farm later" more like "save a mod spot > saving polymer bundles"

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dogging people that use zenurik, but you seem to take this on personally. You'd be far better off arguing the other advantages to zenurik.

Edited by Hypernaut1

I feel i've not really developed all schools much so atm it's Zenurik, Vazarin, Madurai. Energy eating casters get Zen. Vazarin on trin so far and healers and just when i don't trust randoms lol. And Madurai on frames like excal who don't need much energy. (does Madurai still effect powers btw?)

When 2.5 comes to ps4 i see Unairu being used for some squishier non super energy intensive frames like Nekros P and Mirage P though

So far, I'm favouring Vazarin.

Not only do I get added Affinity Range and insta revives, my operator also becomes a pocket medic, which is real nice. Protective Dash ftw, it's like a souped up Arcane Grace which I can apply to myself or teammates at will.

Edited by (XB1)calvina