The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Open World Ideas

AJ5511

15 hours ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

I suspect though that any additional complexity to the map comes at the expense of draw distance. Hence why the current cave system in POE are small and anemic; they could have made a whole labyrinth of caves under POE, but chose not too.

Not to be a downer but I fear POE is about as big and as complex as it going to get in Warframe.

PS I also started a thread about open world ideas. It was generally shot down as most people on this forum don't want more POE. My feeling was that DE is deluding themselves if they think POE was the core reason for their recent popularity. Apparently my fears are valid because if they are quickly going to crank out another open world map so soon rather than go back and fix core aspects of the game like Maptiles, Enemy AI, and weapon balancing, then they have all drank the koolaid and my suspicion is this game has made a definitive change in direction and most players don't know it yet. 

So lookout for more open worlds maps, more reliance of operators, zaws, focus, and amps as the core gameplay experience. Hell, I wouldn't be surprise if we are seeing the final warframes they designed before they ditch them all together an make your operator your only playable character. which means my days of enjoyment in this game are numbered.....

i have supported digital extremes for long enough to know they will never do that. they listen to people who have been around and know what they are talking about. if someone big in the community such as edgy youtube man says theres an issue they will see ( hmm well this person who knows what he is talking about is saying theres and issue and many others on our forums are saying this is an issue lets fix that or improve on this ) i see the future of digital extremes being bright with them being the next bungie                     (the bungie before destiny) with digital extremes being more than a company but a family of 26 million registered losers, game devs and many more.

i honestly see where your all comeing from but [DE] is doing there best to have a good flow of new content while trying not to break there game so much that it can't be fixed.

although yes plains of eidolon is small and not very exiteing they gave us what most of us wanted for a couple years now and something that will help them in the long run. cause right now open world is the big market and if it wasn't for plains of eidolon than this triple A quality project wll not be as popular is it is now.

i went on a bit of a rant but really they are doing the best they can with a limited amount of money and people to work on the game.

3 hours ago, (PS4)ashtonsux134 said:

i have supported digital extremes for long enough to know they will never do that. they listen to people who have been around and know what they are talking about. if someone big in the community such as edgy youtube man says theres an issue they will see ( hmm well this person who knows what he is talking about is saying theres and issue and many others on our forums are saying this is an issue lets fix that or improve on this ) i see the future of digital extremes being bright with them being the next bungie                     (the bungie before destiny) with digital extremes being more than a company but a family of 26 million registered losers, game devs and many more.

I have been playing this game for over 2 years and both on PC and console. I'm not saying they don't pay attention to game breaking bugs or glitches or certain mechanical adjustments. I'm talking about when it comes to new content, new mechanics, about the general direction the game is going. I have been playing and watching enough dev streams to see that they come up with ideas on their own and with little to no regard to what the playerbase ask for or are talking about. Archwings, Conclave, Operators/Focus, and POE were never in any conversation I ever heard in regard to this game. They design for themselves, and figure the players either like it or not and that determines whether that peice of content gets further support.

I mean Archwings is a perfect example of that I am talking about. It was one of the first major additions in the game, coming out 2 years after the game's initial release. I have yet to see any significant support or show of support for this mode, yet after 4 years DE has not done anything about it. Likewise with Conclave; this mode came out in 2016, 4 years after the creation of the game. And Like archwings that mode has been generally derided and ignored by the players.

So when it comes to core design and decisions about what direction the game is going I don't believe DE even pays attention to what we want as players.

5 hours ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

I have been playing this game for over 2 years and both on PC and console. I'm not saying they don't pay attention to game breaking bugs or glitches or certain mechanical adjustments. I'm talking about when it comes to new content, new mechanics, about the general direction the game is going. I have been playing and watching enough dev streams to see that they come up with ideas on their own and with little to no regard to what the playerbase ask for or are talking about. Archwings, Conclave, Operators/Focus, and POE were never in any conversation I ever heard in regard to this game. They design for themselves, and figure the players either like it or not and that determines whether that peice of content gets further support.

I mean Archwings is a perfect example of that I am talking about. It was one of the first major additions in the game, coming out 2 years after the game's initial release. I have yet to see any significant support or show of support for this mode, yet after 4 years DE has not done anything about it. Likewise with Conclave; this mode came out in 2016, 4 years after the creation of the game. And Like archwings that mode has been generally derided and ignored by the players.

So when it comes to core design and decisions about what direction the game is going I don't believe DE even pays attention to what we want as players.

ok i agree

but i remember a while back a lot of people wanted open world but plains of eidolon came out and it was a bit disappointing and incredibly buggy. but hey have worked on it and its a lot less buggy than launch. i have been playing warframe on console exclusively mostly for the stable updates so i have no clue what happens on pc.

exept for stuff on the forums people talk about