Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Russian letters transliterate on English client

-dapoy.Amily-

Please, read the last message in the thread before reading the main body.

Every new hotfix the amount of transliterated russian symbols on english client grows.

I love original language of the game, and i use english client but I still communicate with Russian players.

Please, fix this like you did to Russian clients once.

3XUfVrlbl5c.jpg

UPD. ~14.02.2018 Today they removed Cyrillic symbols but now i cant read messages from my Russian squadmates. They are just stars instead. RIP.

XFelRlIg3DM.jpg

UPD. ~19.02.2018 (hotfix was on Saturday if im correct)

Now text chats looks same as before (like on my first screenshot) but all the Cyrillic notes in Friend list and all titles in Clan list are replaced with stars.

Don't have a screenshot about this yet, will upload later if won't forget.

Please, finish this calligraphy torture.

Edited by -dapoy.Amily-
hotfixes

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping again with some trash notes. 

Letters don’t exactly “transliterate” but change to same looking Latin symbols or something like that. 

Russian В/в ([v] sound) has changed to English b , and Ь/ь (soft sign, has no sound, used to soften consonant sounds) is being shown as b as well. 

Ш/ш and Щ/щ are shown like W/w.

Ш makes a [sh] sound, not [v] or so it’s not actually a translit, it’s something different.

But this letter swap is annoying for real. I can’t sometimes understand what I just typed in chat though I’ve been playing on European client like 1,5 years for now and never had such a problem before this autumn when it started.

This chat bug was marked in some previous hotfixes because this happened on Russian client after some wide update (PoE maybe, I don’t remember). And this was fixed on Russian client. Please, do same to English one, thank you!

Edited by -dapoy.Amily-

I'm pretty sure it was an intended change rather than a bug. Some Cyrillic letters got swapped with similarly-looking Latin ones, but it's important to understand that it takes a human to tell which letters look similar, which means that a human is doing it. Some image-recognition software could also do the trick, but it would have to had been applied by a human with the same purpose in mind.

As to why the devs might want to screw up Cyrillic letters, I've honestly no idea.

Bumping and bumping unless it’s fixed. It WAS FIXED on Russian client what’s the problem with English one?

10 hours ago, Macalar said:

I'm pretty sure it was an intended change rather than a bug. Some Cyrillic letters got swapped with similarly-looking Latin ones, but it's important to understand that it takes a human to tell which letters look similar, which means that a human is doing it. Some image-recognition software could also do the trick, but it would have to had been applied by a human with the same purpose in mind.

As to why the devs might want to screw up Cyrillic letters, I've honestly no idea.

Only a language carrier can say which letters look similar or how they should look. We, Russians(+CIS) are used to Cyrillic symbols or to translit, not to this ... mixed thing. It’s absolutely unreal to communicate using Cyrillic symbols on English client at the moment. I have to transliterate every letter to be understood.

I mean, even if this was intended, it is released incorrectly. Completely. 

I can explain in wide terms (if needed) why I play on English client being a Russian girl, and I’m not coming back to Russian version of the game, not in any case (well maybe if the access to English client gets restricted...)

I understand that using other than Latin symbols is prohibited in trade/region/recruiting chats but I see no problem in using those in pm, clan and alliance chats. That’s 50/50 usage, so why delete?

7 hours ago, -dapoy.Amily- said:

I understand that using other than Latin symbols is prohibited in trade/region/recruiting chats but I see no problem in using those in pm, clan and alliance chats. That’s 50/50 usage, so why delete?

And then even if I type russian message into english global chats swapping letters to similarly looking latin ones would not help in the slightest to understand the message for someone who doesn't speak russian.

On 30.01.2018 at 2:29 AM, DemonikWarframe said:

And then even if I type russian message into english global chats swapping letters to similarly looking latin ones would not help in the slightest to understand the message for someone who doesn't speak russian.

very true. this does not make sense at all

Would like to have this fixed too. I live in Europe and prefer my software in English, but I also have friends who speak Russian and when my letters are getting swapped they don't quiet understand my messages, for example Russian letter м is swapped for English m, but it is similar to Russian cursive written letter т.

Well, good thing is that transliteration is not a problem anymore. Creative solution for the bug, no doubt. :clap:

^ that was a joke, in case someone took it seriously. I'm really disappointed if they did it intentiously, pray for the hotfix asap.

now i got that this was made on purpose for those who tryed to use cyrillic symbols for typing swear words (you could use our 'с' for 'heck'(e.g) word and profanity filter wouldn't notice this), since all replaceable letters looks similar (Д-A, в-B, т-T etc.)

so probably 'fix' will took even longer than fixing 'ball' and 'stardust' words banned in-game which was reported many times since PoE release.