Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Performance drops heavily after 30 min of being open

IggySnow

once I got back from vacation about a week ago and was able to use my PC again, iv noticed a very weird performance issue with warframe, and only warframe.

I will launch the game and everything will be perfectly normal, 140fps stable for a good 20-30 minuets. But then mt performance tanks and ill get 20-30 fps on just my orbiter. In missions it has gone down to as low as 15.

This also happens no matter what I do. I have logged on and left the game running in the background and ill come back to 30fps, I have logged on and just run around the orbiter doing nothing and watched the performance tank, iv logged on and done missions non stop and same issue.

If I restart the game it will revert back to my 140fps performance and then drop again in another 20-30 min of being open.

Iv checked all my drivers and everything's fine there. and when I look at my task managers performance tab nothing is changing ether, so im inclined to feel like this is a problem with the game.

Also this only started happening after the new update. Iv been playing pretty constantly for years and this has never happened until now.

31 minutes ago, KillorKitten said:

This is an issue I am also experiencing. Do you have a 10 series GTX card? I started having these issues when I installed mine.

yes I have a 1070.

Did you install yours after 22.8?

iv had my card installed for almost 2 years and didnt have a problem until that update.

Could anyone who experiences this gradual decrease in performance please submit a support ticket to us with a copy of your EE.log? It would also be a good idea to type something in the game chat to help us track down the moment you are experiencing this 20-30FPS. Something simple like "slowperf" in squad chat would be fine.

Your EE.log can be found here.

Thanks!

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

@[DE]Dmitri:

I'm not sure if this is related, but after one of the last updates, the game started "freezing" for 1-3 second(s) sometimes. I know it isn't my PC or my GPU's drivers because other games like Nioh, Middle-earth: Shadow of War, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, etc. don't have this problem. And this problem only appeared recently, the game was fine around Christmas period.

Also something very important to note is that while doing Raids with a regular group, there was an instance where everyone in The Law of Retribution Raid - about 6-7 people - experienced a framerate drop at first and then a slight 1 second "freeze" after. This issue happened at the same time for everyone and since we use TeamSpeak, someone asked if everyone experienced that and everyone else confirmed.

That Raid issue only happened once and we usually do all 3 Raids daily, so it was very rare. But the 1-3 seconds "freeze" happens quite often, almost 1 out of every 10-15 missions. I have optimized and verified the cache like I always do after a update or hotfix, have optmized Windows 10 like always as well, the problem still happens.

If it happens again, I will write "Freeze" in chat and make a support ticket with the EE.log after the mission. Also, if it happens with a group, I will redirect them towards this thread and ask them to also write something in chat and send their EE.logs to the Support Team. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Il y a 16 heures, [DE]Dmitri a dit :

Could anyone who experiences this gradual decrease in performance please submit a support ticket to us with a copy of your EE.log? It would also be a good idea to type something in the game chat to help us track down the moment you are experiencing this 20-30FPS. Something simple like "slowperf" in squad chat would be fine.

Thanks!

I also have this issue, and I have now submitted a support ticket (ID: #1119762). Unfortunately it was not possible to type something in the chat exactly when it happened, because for me at least, the performance doesn't degrade all at once but over time as I'm playing, and only the first maybe somewhere around 5-10 minutes has no noticeable decrease in performance at all.

I hope this can be of assistance in fixing the problem. 

7 hours ago, Sdarts said:

If it happens again, I will write "Freeze" in chat and make a support ticket with the EE.log after the mission. Also, if it happens with a group, I will redirect them towards this thread and ask them to also write something in chat and send their EE.logs to the Support Team. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Sounds good! Thank you. Hopefully we can get that freeze taken care of in a timely manner.

6 hours ago, Phiscus said:

I also have this issue, and I have now submitted a support ticket (ID: #1119762). Unfortunately it was not possible to type something in the chat exactly when it happened, because for me at least, the performance doesn't degrade all at once but over time as I'm playing, and only the first maybe somewhere around 5-10 minutes has no noticeable decrease in performance at all.

In your ticket you mentioned that you did not experience this problem prior to updating to the 390.65 Nvidia drivers. Would you be willing to try rolling back your drivers to see if there is any improvement? We have a number of computers running with this same update and have yet to experience problems similar to the one posted in your screenshots, so any additional information that could lead us in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

In your ticket you mentioned that you did not experience this problem prior to updating to the 390.65 Nvidia drivers. Would you be willing to try rolling back your drivers to see if there is any improvement? We have a number of computers running with this same update and have yet to experience problems similar to the one posted in your screenshots, so any additional information that could lead us in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

After rolling back to the old (388.71) drivers, the issue persists. We can rule out the driver update as the cause.

But! I have now found that this degradation in performance does not happen when playing in full-screen exclusive mode (probably should have tried this earlier). It is smooth sailing all the way during long playing sessions (goes for both driver 388.71 and 390.65). However, if playing windowed and the degradation occurs, the issue can not be fixed by then switching to full-screen exclusive mode.

Even though it's preventable in this way, I still find it to be a big issue since Warframe is one of the few games I really prefer to play windowed. I have a 21:9 monitor and it's nice to watch youtube, netflix or something simultaneously while farming polymer bundles for 3 hours straight.

On 1/16/2018 at 1:30 PM, [DE]Dmitri said:

Thanks!

I just made a ticket with my EE. unfortunately it only dropped to 60fps before hard crashing but I was able say Lagging60 in chat right before it crashed. 

I also submitted a second EE log that i saved right after getting a soft crash the a lot of people are getting where the game freezes but still runs in the background, as in im still able to control my warframe and shoot and stuff because I can hear everything going on still, but the game is frozen on a single frame.

the support ticket number is #1123617

Edited by HerpDerpy

I'm seeing huge chunk of my memory being used my Warframe. I "just" run on 8GB on RAM. Is there any way I can fix this? Or do I use third party apps to limit consumption? Anyone else having this issue? It's using about 70% of my total memory. It takes forever to load the game just into the log in menu and then another long wait to load into a game. I have a good internet connection, I did test that. Even Profiles of players or my own take forever to load. Please help.

Im having a similar problem since the latest update, im lagging unbelievably hard with 70% of my memory contributing to Warframe. I have never had FPS issues with the game in the past until now, ive tried lowering my setting but it has yet to help at all!

My rig: || Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHZ || Gigabyte AUROS 1080 Ti 11GB @ 2050MHZ/12GHZ Memory || 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHZ || 1TB Samsung Evo 850 SSD + 128GB 830 SSD || 4TB HDD + 1TB HDD || Windows 10 64-bit Professional || EVGA 850w Gold PSU || MB: Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 ||

On my old rig with a 2500K and 8GB of RAM, my performance was fine and this didn't happen. I haven't really played since PoE update as I got bored, but I went and did some Hydron, and by Round 6 my FPS started fluctuating pretty badly. By Round 10, I was in the 80-90FPS zone. (120HZ monitor)

Back on my liset, after 5~ or so minutes, my FPS which, if uncapped could usually hit 300+, was hitting around 60-70.

RAM Usage was fine. GPU usage was fine. CPU usage was fine. I can find no reason for this.

qRlKrwY.png

Performance is poor without reason. Heck,. my GPU isn't even needing to cloc k  up in this situation and my CPU is sitting mostly idol. I'm running the game maxed out besides bloom, DoF, Motion Blur and Glare, which I always turn off.

Latest NVIDIA drivers and updated W10. Oh and playing in Windowed Borderless @ 1440p. However switching to full screen did not help(after the fact, another post here claims STARTING it in full screen will fix the issue, will try that later.)

Turns out turning off PhysX was enough to help the issue. This was not the case in the past. PhysX worked fine until the PoE update as far as I can tell. GPU usage & CPU usage are fine with it on, but performance degrades regardless. A shame, I like PhysX.

Edited by Mkilbride

I'm experiencing the same thing.

6800k / gtx 1060

When the lag starts, the GPU only gets used to around 25/30%, while in normal gameplay it goes to around 35/40%.

I tried disabling fullscreen optimizations on the game .exe and it seems to have helped a little bit, it takes longer for the lag to start.

• 2 weeks later...

DIsabling PhysX also did the trick for me. However, this issue did not happen until recently and Warframe seems to be the only game that I get a performance drop after some time. Not sure but it seems that after patch 22.11.0 it takes longer for the game to start to lag. If needed, I can swap my 1060 with my old 650 Ti Boost to verify if the issue is specific to 10-series GPUs.