Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Performance drops heavily after 30 min of being open

IggySnow

On 10/02/2018 at 12:59 PM, Kitessencial said:

DIsabling PhysX also did the trick for me. However, this issue did not happen until recently and Warframe seems to be the only game that I get a performance drop after some time. Not sure but it seems that after patch 22.11.0 it takes longer for the game to start to lag. If needed, I can swap my 1060 with my old 650 Ti Boost to verify if the issue is specific to 10-series GPUs.

Give it a whirl, my friends on 9 series GTX cards don't have the issues as far as I know (and I didn't until I swapped to a 1050 from a 950)

2 hours ago, KillorKitten said:

Give it a whirl, my friends on 9 series GTX cards don't have the issues as far as I know (and I didn't until I swapped to a 1050 from a 950)

I forgot to update this topic with my new discoveries. After contacting support, we could pinpoint the issue to the Nvidia Share overlay. When I disabled the feature, the lag was gone, even with PhysX enabled. After that, I re enabled SHARE, but this time activated desktop capture as well (privacy settings > enable desktop capture for instant replay) and the issue was gone.

Sadly, yesterday GeForce Experience got updated to a new version and the bug is back, even with desktop capture enabled.

When I get home I'll verify if the issue still happens, and if so, will swap my series 10 GTX for my old series 6 one.

Back with some results:

Swapped my GTX 1060 for a 650 Ti Boost.

The following display settings were changed to get a good FPS:

Spoiler

Geometry Detail changed to Low from High

Particle System Quality changed to Low from High

Shadow Quality changed to Low from High

Texture Memory changed to Low from High

Anisotropic Filtering changed to X4 from X16

Anti-Aliasing changed to FXAA (Low) from TXAA 8x (High)

PhysX was kept enabled, the same goes for Nvidia SHARE overlay and ShadowPlay recording.

After around 8hrs of playing, the FPS was still consistent and no frame drop was detected.

It seems that this issue is exclusive to 10-series GPUs. I will send a ticket to Nvidia, as this seems to be a bug related to their software, not Warframe.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/03/2018 at 3:32 AM, Kitessencial said:

Back with some results:

Swapped my GTX 1060 for a 650 Ti Boost.

The following display settings were changed to get a good FPS:

Hide contents

Geometry Detail changed to Low from High

Particle System Quality changed to Low from High

Shadow Quality changed to Low from High

Texture Memory changed to Low from High

Anisotropic Filtering changed to X4 from X16

Anti-Aliasing changed to FXAA (Low) from TXAA 8x (High)

PhysX was kept enabled, the same goes for Nvidia SHARE overlay and ShadowPlay recording.

After around 8hrs of playing, the FPS was still consistent and no frame drop was detected.

It seems that this issue is exclusive to 10-series GPUs. I will send a ticket to Nvidia, as this seems to be a bug related to their software, not Warframe.

Thanks for letting us know! Hopefully Nvidia will be quick to fix this issue now we have the issue pinpointed. :D