Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lag Spikes & Split Second Screen Movement Stop After Update 22.8.2

shikadainara

I've been trying to play for the last 3 days I've never had frame drops on this game before so i know it isn't my laptop and it even lags on Login and Password screen (it's even worse in game) also how do I link image as proof?

Edited by TristanPrime

After trying to navigate a forum that seems determined to teach me Spanish, I came upon this thread and I want to add my two cents.

I just tried playing this game for the first time in ages today and I have been getting the same exact issue. I've tried all of the usual bullS#&$ placebo "home remedies" to fix this including disabling DX11, Borderless Window mode, turning off steam overlay, updating my graphics drivers, verifying the game files, and restarting the game multiple times and forcing myself to avoid alt-tabbing out in case the devs have decided to hate on alt-tabbing about as much as Bethesda. Nothing has worked at all.

This happens in-game, in-menu, and in the main menu before the game's graphics have even been loaded up.

I was really hoping to enjoy a game that's gotten a lot of updates and love over the years, but this is just the right level of annoying to drag the whole game down. Careful aiming is a pain in the &#!, not to mention hacking terminals with that little rotating minigame is damned near impossible when it decides it's going to keep skipping over the node I need to hit Space on.

Hard to even focus on the game because it's so distracting.

This can't be a performance issue. I've switched it all around from Low -> High settings and it's always exactly the same. Completely fine 60fps with a short stutter that occurs every 1.5-2 seconds.

Out of curiosity is anyone using nvidia's current driver? (Now the last driver.) Because it added a SLI profile for warframe. I've had a custom one made through inspector for years and never had performance issues like this, besides when U14 but that was expected...

I'm going to role back to the 384.xx drivers as they've been reliable when issues have occurred with other games, and my custom SLI and will edit post if any difference in performance is noted. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2018 at 6:33 PM, shikadainara said:

So, after I quit out of Warframe to update it to 22.8.2, I started experiencing split-second lag spikes or screen freeze when I would move my camera around with my mouse. Please fix this ASAP. Thank you DE

Same here. I run a GTX 1070 and normally have around 120 fps with no problems until recently. My screen now freezes for a split second during combat especially while doing finishers it's extremely frustrating. 

I also have this problem - I'm playing on Radeon HD7770 with AMD FX-6100 CPU. It's not the best but I usually get 50+ frames on medium settings  Now, whenever I move mouse cursor, the fps drop drastically. The game ran as it should when I tried to play with controller, so I know it's related to cursor. I've tried updating drivers (even though I could play fine on my previous version), optimizing and verifying cache, turning off Dx10/11 and running 32-bit mode. The only thing that helped somewhat may have been reboot (required by driver update) as the game ran much better (however fps drops were just smaller, not gone).

Edit: I should mention, that the last time I've played was during and a day after Plague Star event.

Edited by YamiNaoya

The problems have only gotten even worse as of 22.1.X. The stutter is so bad that it has begun seriously interfering with gameplay. The game continues to ignore Vsync; I get frame spikes up to 100 sometimes. Turning it to off and setting "max framerate" to 60 makes the frame counter say it has fixed that problem, but the stutter remains as bad as ever. I've tried updating drivers, running in lower versions of DirectX, verifying and optimizing cache, adjusting CPU core usage, lowering graphics settings and adjusting GPU options. NOTHING helps. My system is robust and should not be experiencing these problems, and they are making me play the game a lot less as a result.

Please address these issues that have persisted for weeks now and seem to get worse with every patch.

Edited by Cryssoberyl

I think I have one of possible solutions (worked for me anyway).
I've noticed the exact same issue (drastic fps drops when moving mouse) when playing LotR War in the North, so I thought about what did these games have in common on my system. Turned out, that the culprit was MSI Afterburner. After closing it, the problem went away (for both War in the North and Warframe). I don't know if it's MSI itself or RivaTuner, or if disabling hooking via RivaTuner profile helps, since I have trouble getting MSI's OSD to show up for Warframe again.

Edit: I succeeded in getting MSI Afterburner to show OSD in Warframe again. I made sure no RTSS.exe and MSIAfterburner.exe processes were running (killed with task manager) and started afterburner. Without changing anything (hook level, stealth mode, custom d3d support) Warframe runs at smooth 60fps again AND I still have OSD working without problems.

Solution: completely turn off MSI Afterburner (kill RTSS.exe and MSIAfterburner.exe processes manually if needed). Restarting application might work (no drops + OSD), maybe using stealth mode helps. Anyway, MSI Afterburner (RTSS.exe) is the culprit.

Edited by YamiNaoya
read the post

3 hours ago, Cryssoberyl said:

Except that I'm sure many of us are not using MSI-branded cards or software, myself included. This issue affects many people on many hardware profiles; it started at the same point and has worsened at the same point. The game is the issue.

MSI Afterburner is just software - it doesn't depend on MSI hardware in any way.

To my defense:

6 hours ago, YamiNaoya said:

I think I have one of possible solutions (worked for me anyway).

Those without MSI Afterburner should make sure no other application hooks up to Warframe (SweetFX, Steam Overlay, etc.). I'm not saying that DE hasn't broken something by accident, but unless they patch it, we can look for workaround. As a bonus, identifying the problem will make it much easier for DE to fix it.

I was able to fix similar behavior as reported by disabling G-Sync.

With G-Sync enabled, post patch, large stutters and short freezes on menu transitions and menu actions. After disabling G-Sync this behavior has ceased. Nvidia Driver update post patch did not resolve the issue so for now, G-Sync is off, which is sad.