The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

UPDATE 22.8.2? on ps4?

(PSN)LINK1NMAN

I have torn the forums apart and searched every DE post looking for when we will get this update on ps4 its normally a few weeks after PC but we normally get at least a update post but they have not shared any info I can find any ideas on better communication in the future a resolution maybe ....hint hint :)

16 minutes ago, (PS4)LINK1NMAN said:

all I would like is a hey guys this update is hoping to go to cert by "blank" or some form of update the way PC gets ALL THE TIME where as us on console are constantly left in the dark hoping and guessing

That is because the PC version does not have to jump through Microsoft' or Sony's hoops (certification process) to put out an update. The process is far more streamlined on PC because the Devs can focus on fixing problems at the source (and any problems fixing those problems created).

Add in the fact that, as some have already said, the Devs are likely still on holiday and what you are looking at is a larger gap between updates.

Edited by (XB1)N7 Sinner

22.8.2 has only JUST gone live on PC. As in yesterday. I dont think its all that weird however if they wait with cert entry till the next update that has Khora and the IPS changes as that was supposed to be part of 22.8

Extra from u22.8.2

We’re back in the Warframe saddle for the first Hotfix of 2018! 

The team is still very focused on our 2018 proposals mentioned in the Early 2018 Roadmap (Khora, Damage 2.5, new Teralyst variants, etc). Stay tuned for an updated Dev Workshop post and more about these upcoming changes. 

For today, our main goals for this Hotfix were improvements towards Cetus>Plains matchmaking, and War Within quest progression stopping issues. With these major issues tackled, it’s all hands on deck for some juicy Warframe additions/changes! 

Edited by Airwolfen

Console Platforms usually get an update 5-6 weeks after PC does. However, they also skip a lot of the Hotfix updates that PC had to go through.

I'm pretty sure DE has a separate development team for Console Platforms. Once the update has been developed, Microsoft/Sony has to check out the update before they let it pass the certification process (Takes around a week).

PC got Update 22.8 at mid-late December. My guess is Consoles will get the update at late January or early February.

Console is practically never "left in the dark" regarding updates. They inform us as soons as a build for console is being worked on properly, they inform us when they plan on sending it to cert, they inform us when it's been sent to cert, they inform us when it's passed cert, and when it is going to drop. 

22.8.2 literally just came out on PC, and the holidays have only just finished. They couldn't work on bugs that 22.8 added properly over the holidays, so give them a chance to do that, then they'll start working on the console build.

Even if they're back from vacation, I think they might have to work out a few kinks with the current build before we get anything major. I'm "falling off the map" in random spots after completely reinstalling Warframe. Also experiencing a lot of bugs in general since PoE. I want Personal Quarters so bad I can taste it! On the bright side, we can save up plat for the new decorations!

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

Honestly I'm still waiting for this cause in my opinion not tying the wall to duration alone is a huge buff and it'll be fun to push a strength build and see more of what she can do in my opinion.

I would personally have to disagree with you there, because she no longer will be of any use past level 40-50. I mean, now her fourth ability is worse than Frost's 3rd, as explosions can still get through, enemies can glitch their guns through and still shoot at you, enemies can just go under or over the ability if not just spawn right inside it, and once this drops it won't even be able to hold enemies that can't get over the wall. As such, it was a terrible decision to nerf Gara's ability

2 hours ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

I would personally have to disagree with you there, because she no longer will be of any use past level 40-50. I mean, now her fourth ability is worse than Frost's 3rd, as explosions can still get through, enemies can glitch their guns through and still shoot at you, enemies can just go under or over the ability if not just spawn right inside it, and once this drops it won't even be able to hold enemies that can't get over the wall. As such, it was a terrible decision to nerf Gara's ability

She gets a 90% damage reduction buff on herself and allies as well as defense targets and her 1 uses your melee weapon mods. Just might have to not just use her 4 as a snowglobe and maybe more offensively like bastille where you run in and cast it which also refreshes your 90% damage reduction buff iirc. Just because 1 ability isn't as good as the infinite exploit snowglobe isn't really a big deal in my opinion. You just adapt.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

She gets a 90% damage reduction buff on herself and allies as well as defense targets and her 1 uses your melee weapon mods. Just might have to not just use her 4 as a snowglobe and maybe more offensively like bastille where you run in and cast it which also refreshes your 90% damage reduction buff iirc. Just because 1 ability isn't as good as the infinite exploit snowglobe isn't really a big deal in my opinion. You just adapt.

The main issue is that the ability costs more and is supposed to be the Frame's best ability, yet is worse than something easier to obtain. As for the actual 4th ability itself, it is still going to take time to cast it as opposed to the insta-cast Snowglobe casts, yet will be destroyed practically instantly at high levels.