Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Roaming Fortress (Semi-Open IC RP)

Rakawan

14 minutes ago, (XB1)WaterJewel94694 said:

"Power levels are holding steady.  Anything else you need me to do in here?" Pele asked.

____

Mira begins to power the reactor down and starts to wire it to detonate through a personal frequency that she only uses for stuff like this.

____

"Okay.  Everything that i know about her past is what she's told me.  She said that she was the only tenno that didn't gain void powers from the Zarimon incident and was disregarded when all the tenno from then were placed into cryostasis.  Despite this she was seen as something below even the grineer back then by all the orokin except for a single scientist named Seraph.  To Mira Seraph was like a mother someone who actually cared for her despite the fact the others were against such an idea.  Seraph had eventually made the 6 cephalons that travel with Mira to help educate her and keep her safe.  Mira wanted to help Seraph so she learned enough to help Seraph with her projects.  Over time Mira's assistance had convinced most of the orokin that she wasn't worthless and below the grineer.  However that peace hadn't lasted long due to the old war had begun.  Mira and Seraph had helped with the infested and warframe projects hoping to convince the remaining orokin that Mira was truly helpful.  However it wasn't long until there were those that thought Mira could be helpful in another way.  The idea was to lure a sentient to the lab that Mira was and see if her void powers would manifest if they didn't she would die.  Seraph had been told this but no matter what she protected Mira to the end.  When Seraph was protecting Mira from the Battlyst she took a blast to the stomach which was fatal and got knocked against the wall.  As she laid there bleeding out Mira had rushed over and Seraph told Mira about the orokin's plan using the sentient and how she refused to leave Mira alone and that she loves her.  And as Mira felt Seraph's body grow cold Seraph had said goodbye leaving Mira stared emptily as the Battlyst was charging a shot Mira' mind had broke from losing Seraph and as a result her void powers awoke sending a massive amount of void energy completely destroying everything in the lab except three things her mother, the datastorage containing the 6 cephalons that she considered family, and a picture of her, her mother, the cephalons.  She was sobbing over losing Seraph when the soldier who lured the sentient came in and Mira had asked if what her mother had said was true and that soldier had confirmed it.  Upon hearing this she had stopped crying and before he could react Mria had already begun to beat him up until he was killed by Mira as reinforcements came and knocked her out and the next thing she notices is that she's waking up on the ship i'm on.  So as a major piece of advice is to ensure that any orokin that your allied with remain hidden from Mira because as far as she is concerned all orokin are responsible for her mothers death." Aria explained.

((if there's anything that should be changed sorry and i'll change it))

“See if there is some sort of block.” The technician says. “Somehow the power isn’t getting through.”

——

The reactir appears to have failsafes in the form of two coolants cells to prevent meltdowns. It appears you will need to remove them. Unlike pure suops these appear to be located in the same room.

——

Darrin stands there motionless. 

“The Orokin often cared more about the result of their experiments than they did the welfare of those involved.” He says quietly, emotionlessly. “This I am all too familiar with. If it is revenge Mira seeks I believe I know where to start. But first, you said you have information on a Corpus research group studying Infestation?”

Edited by Rakawan

3 hours ago, (XB1)WaterJewel94694 said:

"Any clue on what the Corpus could possibly want?" Gaia asked curious about what the Corpus has been doing.

“Sai’ah?” Kapak exclaimed over the private comms. “You’re alive? That’s good. As for the boil... well, keep it focused on the Grineer like you’ve done so far. I’ll rendezvous with you later.”

Kapak reaches inside the flesh of his arm and pulled out the Plaguewatch badge that he’d picked up long ago, near the start of his adventure. He tossed it onto the floor in front of the MOA. The badge looked like a sort of skull with a weapon jammed through its cranium vertically.

”Not just any Corpus,” Kapak spat. “Plaguewatch. Some strange splinter group of the Corpus that seems unaffiliated with Anyocorp or any of the other financial giants in the system.” Kapak looked back at the badge. “They’re not as bad as the infestation, I suppose. Well, not yet at least. They seem to have forsaken the Corpus’ rules on experimentation with the Infestation.” He stepped forward and knelt by it, tracing the skull with his boney finger.

”I never met them before these few days... but something else tells me that I have.” He shrugged.

Edited by Almighty_Jado

50 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“See if there is some sort of block.” The technician says. “Somehow the power isn’t getting through.”

——

The reactir appears to have failsafes in the form of two coolants cells to prevent meltdowns. It appears you will need to remove them. Unlike pure suops these appear to be located in the same room.

——

Darrin stands there motionless. 

“The Orokin often cared more about the result of their experiments than they did the welfare of those involved.” He says quietly, emotionlessly. “This I am all too familiar with. If it is revenge Mira seeks I believe I know where to start. But first, you said you have information on a Corpus research group studying Infestation?”

Pele searches through the data looking for any commands, fail safes, or errors.

____

Mira removes the two coolant cells and begins to move to the holding cells after making sure that the reactor is rigged to detonate and is powered down.

____

"Yes although it isn't much.  If i tried to get too much on this group than i'm not sure i'd be able to get it out without triggering alarms." Aria says as she hands General Darrin the datamass containing the information.

25 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

“Sai’ah?” Kapak exclaimed over the private comms. “You’re alive? That’s good. As for the boil... well, keep it focused on the Grineer like you’ve done so far. I’ll rendezvous with you later.”

Kapak reaches inside the flesh of his arm and pulled out the Plaguewatch badge that he’d picked up long ago, near the start of his adventure. He tossed it onto the floor in front of the MOA. The badge looked like a sort of skull with a weapon jammed through its cranium vertically.

”Not just any Corpus,” Kapak spat. “Plaguewatch. Some strange splinter group of the Corpus that seems unaffiliated with Anyocorp or any of the other financial giants in the system.” Kapak looked back at the badge. “They’re not as bad as the infestation, I suppose. Well, not yet at least. They seem to have forsaken the Corpus’ rules on experimentation with the Infestation.” He stepped forward and knelt by it, tracing the skull with his boney finger.

”I never met them before these few days... but something else tells me that I have.” He shrugged.

"Interesting if you want we can help you with these plaguewatch members." Gaia says after her MOA proxy grabs the badge for further analysis to see if there's anything that can be used.

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

The cookies tastes good but seems to lack substance. Upon swallowing it it seems to vanish, and you feel no more full than normal. In fact you don’t feel full at all, nor do you feel empty. Your heartbeat seems absent, and you notice you have gone several moments without breathing, yet your lungs do not burn. None of the physical processes you are used to seem to be occurring, yet that does not incur any instinctive panic. It is as if your body has stopped functioning, and needing to function, yet you can still love and speak.

*She is confused, more so anything* "What, did you do to me?..."

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-07-06 at 3:14 PM, (XB1)WaterJewel94694 said:

Pele searches through the data looking for any commands, fail safes, or errors.

____

Mira removes the two coolant cells and begins to move to the holding cells after making sure that the reactor is rigged to detonate and is powered down.

____

"Yes although it isn't much.  If i tried to get too much on this group than i'm not sure i'd be able to get it out without triggering alarms." Aria says as she hands General Darrin the datamass containing the information.

There is a failsafe that has been disabled, relating to removal of the cannon. There is also an alarm. The ohms seems to recognize that the tech in the cannon isn’t not entirely Grineer and is refusing access. 

——

You encounter a few scattered patrols. Then a leg stretch of rooms with no bodies, living or dead. 

The ex-Nightwatch are already outside the cell. 

——

Darrin plugs it into an isolated firewalled syatem which scans it for viruses before uploading it to another isolated holo-pad from which he views it. 

On 2018-07-06 at 3:31 PM, -Platinum- said:

*She is confused, more so anything* "What, did you do to me?..."

“Nothing.” D.O.R.I.S says. “You are however, quite dead. In fact ‘you’ are just a data packet existing in an isolated portion of my data stores.”

She floats closer.

“To be precise, My operator has created a synethesized digital imprint of your oro, memories, and personality in order to obtain the information he requires.” She says. “All aspects of your personality are simulated and may be altered if necessary.”

She maintains her gentle and kind tone, despite the topic.

”We’re you an allied combatant who had fallen you would be transferred to the Monastery where you could transcribe your knowledge for future generatiosn and offer advice to those seeking it.” She says. “However is are an enemy combatant and do you have been confined to a digital form and stored in an isolated portion of my data scale. The cookies were my attempt to be a polite host.”

She backs off.

”I suggest you share the information my operator requires.” D.O.R.I.S says. “Extracting it by force would cause significant trauma to you current existence.”

23 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Nothing.” D.O.R.I.S says. “You are however, quite dead. In fact ‘you’ are just a data packet existing in an isolated portion of my data stores.”

She floats closer.

“To be precise, My operator has created a synethesized digital imprint of your oro, memories, and personality in order to obtain the information he requires.” She says. “All aspects of your personality are simulated and may be altered if necessary.”

She maintains her gentle and kind tone, despite the topic.

”We’re you an allied combatant who had fallen you would be transferred to the Monastery where you could transcribe your knowledge for future generatiosn and offer advice to those seeking it.” She says. “However is are an enemy combatant and do you have been confined to a digital form and stored in an isolated portion of my data scale. The cookies were my attempt to be a polite host.”

She backs off.

”I suggest you share the information my operator requires.” D.O.R.I.S says. “Extracting it by force would cause significant trauma to you current existence.”

"I won't betray my queen, I can't" *She says* "As much as I whuold love to help, I won't give up easily with information that can disrupture her plans, what you do to me, is nothing compared to what she can  do" 

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

There is a failsafe that has been disabled, relating to removal of the cannon. There is also an alarm. The ohms seems to recognize that the tech in the cannon isn’t not entirely Grineer and is refusing access. 

——

You encounter a few scattered patrols. Then a leg stretch of rooms with no bodies, living or dead. 

The ex-Nightwatch are already outside the cell. 

——

Darrin plugs it into an isolated firewalled syatem which scans it for viruses before uploading it to another isolated holo-pad from which he views it. 

Pele searches for any way to disable or override the ohms after telling the others "I found what's blocking it.  I'm currently searching for a way to override it."

____

Mira grabs a cipher from her pack in case they need it in the event a secondary power source is powering the cells separately.

____

"So what were you talking about when you knew where to start with her revenge?" Aria asked.

((the data mass doesn't possess any viruses if i need to confirm))

• 1 month later...
On 2018-07-27 at 12:55 PM, -Platinum- said:

"I won't betray my queen, I can't" *She says* "As much as I whuold love to help, I won't give up easily with information that can disrupture her plans, what you do to me, is nothing compared to what she can  do" 

D.O.R.I.S.'s projection flickered in a regular pattern in what you soon realize is laughter.

"I'm pleased to inform you that your queen can't reach you here.  No one can.  Not unless I let them."

1 hour ago, Yzjdriel said:

D.O.R.I.S.'s projection flickered in a regular pattern in what you soon realize is laughter.

"I'm pleased to inform you that your queen can't reach you here.  No one can.  Not unless I let them."

"Even so, if I spill any info she'll find out, its just self-preservation" *She says* 

The Cephalon laughed again.  "Self-preservation?  My dear, you're DEAD.  Self-preservation has already failed you."

"Then how am I still talking to you?" *She folds her arm* "My mind still works, I am still able to talk to you and have reason and doute, my body may be dead, but my mind is not, I am either clinically dead, transference static" *She says* "No one really knows what happens if we die within Transference, either I trapped in my Warframe or my soul is trapped in your wave, I am your Synthesis, your data, I can live many lives or deaths, is there a way around this?, I don't know, all I know is that you AIs are capable of doing such a thing"

*She laughs* "I'm already dead, dead even before you killed me, I killed what was once myself, the body, my void powers, what made me a simple tenno is gone, I am now Infested, maybe it works like that, my body in that frame is running around, without a mind to control it, like a simple drone away from its hive-mind, lost and unleashed, only its primal rage to guide it"

On 2018-09-12 at 5:05 AM, -Platinum- said:

"Then how am I still talking to you?" *She folds her arm* "My mind still works, I am still able to talk to you and have reason and doute, my body may be dead, but my mind is not, I am either clinically dead, transference static" *She says* "No one really knows what happens if we die within Transference, either I trapped in my Warframe or my soul is trapped in your wave, I am your Synthesis, your data, I can live many lives or deaths, is there a way around this?, I don't know, all I know is that you AIs are capable of doing such a thing"

*She laughs* "I'm already dead, dead even before you killed me, I killed what was once myself, the body, my void powers, what made me a simple tenno is gone, I am now Infested, maybe it works like that, my body in that frame is running around, without a mind to control it, like a simple drone away from its hive-mind, lost and unleashed, only its primal rage to guide it"

D.O.R.I.S. looks slightly annoyed, but only for a moment.  "I already told you how you're speaking to me, dear.  You're not.  Your mind was scanned by some very advanced sensors moment prior to your expenditure.  A simulation of your consciousness was then created so I could interface with you.  By far the most efficient way to go digging around someone else's head is to simply let them do it for you; after all, they already know their way around.

Make no mistake, though, dear.  The illusion of 'you' is nothing more than that: an illusion.  There isn't really a reason for us to allow that illusion to persist, except that it will decrease efficiency for me to go poking around instead of letting you give it up willingly."  The projection turns to look at one of the "walls", where a projected screen shows the last few moment's of Mercy's life.

5 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

D.O.R.I.S. looks slightly annoyed, but only for a moment.  "I already told you how you're speaking to me, dear.  You're not.  Your mind was scanned by some very advanced sensors moment prior to your expenditure.  A simulation of your consciousness was then created so I could interface with you.  By far the most efficient way to go digging around someone else's head is to simply let them do it for you; after all, they already know their way around.

Make no mistake, though, dear.  The illusion of 'you' is nothing more than that: an illusion.  There isn't really a reason for us to allow that illusion to persist, except that it will decrease efficiency for me to go poking around instead of letting you give it up willingly."  The projection turns to look at one of the "walls", where a projected screen shows the last few moment's of Mercy's life.

*She simply sighs* "Like I said: Illusion or not, Data Immortal or whatnot, you are getting nothing from me, I rather have everyone suffer while I go down" *She sits down, or alteast she thinks to sit down* "My memories are just from what every kiddo used to have, then I had the only person who cared for me, go kissing the Orokin and forgot about me, once he got what he wanted from me, he left" *She slightly smirks* "No, not what you think by the way, but he did in return give me what I always wanted, to become Infested, but only just, if I chuold just be like Alad V was, to become a mentor, to control the Infested around me, to become a Hive" 

"Do what you must Doris, deep down I know I kept my mouth shut and protected the Queen" *She seems not too scared by what's going on with her, is she stubborn or just too strong-willed?*

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-09-14 at 4:27 AM, -Platinum- said:

*She simply sighs* "Like I said: Illusion or not, Data Immortal or whatnot, you are getting nothing from me, I rather have everyone suffer while I go down" *She sits down, or alteast she thinks to sit down* "My memories are just from what every kiddo used to have, then I had the only person who cared for me, go kissing the Orokin and forgot about me, once he got what he wanted from me, he left" *She slightly smirks* "No, not what you think by the way, but he did in return give me what I always wanted, to become Infested, but only just, if I chuold just be like Alad V was, to become a mentor, to control the Infested around me, to become a Hive" 

"Do what you must Doris, deep down I know I kept my mouth shut and protected the Queen" *She seems not too scared by what's going on with her, is she stubborn or just too strong-willed?*

D.O.R.I.S. bobbed up and down, a Cephalon nod.  "Very well.  I will inform the Arbiter that you were non-cooperative.  Reconstruction of your mind data will begin momentarily."  The Cephalon projection blinked out of existence, as did the plate of cookies, the chair, and the lights.

D.O.R.I.S. bobbed up and down, a Cephalon nod.  "Very well.  I will inform the Arbiter that you were non-cooperative.  Reconstruction of your mind data will begin momentarily."  The Cephalon projection blinked out of existence, as did the plate of cookies, the chair, and the lights.

"Well, like Zaeed always said, I'll die by the Infested or die by going crazy" *She rubs her face then just speaks to herself* "I wonder if I can give info on their most prized wanted man, for an exchange of something else"

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-09-24 at 3:20 AM, -Platinum- said:

"Well, like Zaeed always said, I'll die by the Infested or die by going crazy" *She rubs her face then just speaks to herself* "I wonder if I can give info on their most prized wanted man, for an exchange of something else"

A pinprick of light flicks on at the same time a tingling feeling begins in Mercy's 'leg'.

On 2018-07-27 at 5:08 PM, (XB1)WaterJewel94694 said:

Pele searches for any way to disable or override the ohms after telling the others "I found what's blocking it.  I'm currently searching for a way to override it."

____

Mira grabs a cipher from her pack in case they need it in the event a secondary power source is powering the cells separately.

____

"So what were you talking about when you knew where to start with her revenge?" Aria asked.

((the data mass doesn't possess any viruses if i need to confirm))

The solution presents itself in the form of an obviously jerry-rigged wire.

- - -

The cells appear to be powered from the same source.

- - -

"There is an individual named Zaeed Zi'Teer who is something of an Orokin fanboy," said Darrin as he perused the data.  "He has also recently become an indirect threat to the life and well-being of a child who is under my protection.  I would suggest you start by finding him, but there is a particularly complex situation regarding who has the first right to take a shot at him, so I'll instead point out that if he becomes a direct threat to the child, you could reasonably justify the act of shooting him in the head by doing it for the protection of said child."  He shrugged.  "Of course, that's none of my business unless he lands on this Fortress."