The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Stop the Leeching Problem

Ragnarok160

6 minutes ago, Zeratul81 said:

Makes sense and pretty much agree with you completely.

I think it just comes down to what kinda of person you are even outside of the game. I don't think the worst case people can even be affected by anything we say however logical the reasons we give are.

Yeah like with me I play for the team. And I think that the team should play for each other and do whatever they can to make things as easy and quick as they can be for others. After all, that's what co-op is all about. Cooperation for the sake of efficiency and effectiveness. Going idle / afk because someone has the mission pretty much handled however apparently justified goes against what co-op is about fundamentally. I don't care how well someone has the mission locked down. I will find something I can do to help out, even if it isn't much at all. Simply out of principle.

Another example of this is when people join the likes of Akkad / Hydron with all unranked gear and unmodded lmao. Pretty obvious that they have the same mentality.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)dZy_dEviL said:

I never S#&$ idle on Hydron and I welcome all Banshees because 99% of the time I'm there to level mastery fodder so the quicker the better for me.

The problem is with Yung getting angry that everyone isn't cleaning up his table scraps.  You can't be mad at others not eager to run around playing collector and clean-up sim.  That's completely backwards logic.

I admit I have not read every single post on this discussion but I have not noticed Yung being an *** or aggressive about anything he has said. He has pointed out pretty logical things that result from when people don't want to do some things. I understand it might not make the game fun for the player in question that "has to" clear some remaining enemies but that player is still working against him/herself by not doing anything.

It seems to me you are more upset about this matter than we are.

Edited by Zeratul81

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Yung-Azrael:

Well for all you know OP plays a lot more than you, as do others who see a lot more leeches. Also, who knows what your playstyle is, you could solo a lot more than others or play with clannies / friends more so than pugging it.

I've been here since Hidden Messages update and I can honestly say I've never really had any sort of problems with leeches for the most part, but within the last year or so their frequency seems to be increasing. Either by way of 100% legitimate leeching or where 3/4 of the squad figures one guy can handle the mission (like me with banshee in a def) so they don't bother doing anything at all. Could have something to do with the influx of new players since the last few big updates over the last year, I dunno.

You are right, he could and I could, but I will tell you what, I am playing almost nonstop since Oberon arrived ( not his prime, the regular Oberon ) and I am not playing solo, except Spys from time to time, because I don´t like playing solo, indeed I am mostly playing pugs with almost 3000h playtime ingame.

So with other words, I am only talking about stuff that I have enough experience with.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Ragnarok160:

i love you yung, your the only person on this post that gets it, i like how there are two kinda of people posting, the ones that say "yea, this is a problem" and the condescending "i have answers for everything"  but so far you've posted neutrality. this post i'snt about overhauling the system or bashing noobs. its acknowledging the problem and knowing yes it affects some people and some people handle it differently and at the very least saying "im not ok with this" rather then saying "oh well its always there so whats the point fixing it" and its not even a matter of fixing it. its a matter of improving the community and its outlook on the current state of the game.

If you want us to post neutral then maybe you should start with a neutral post about your issue?

Edited by Kuestenjung

5 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

You are right, he could and I could, but I will tell you what, I am playing almost nonstop since Oberon arrived ( not his prime, the regular Oberon ) and I am not playing solo, except Spys from time to time, because I don´t like playing solo, indeed I am mostly playing pugs with almost 3000h playtime ingame.

So with other words, I am only talking about stuff that I have enough experience with.

Do you actively look out for leeches? 'Cause I do and I come across quite a few every day.

18 minutes ago, Yung-Azrael said:

Please show me where I said I was "angry"? I'm pretty sure I actually stated the opposite, that most of the time it doesn't bother me. And that the entire premise of what I've been saying is basically "I don't care too much about this but leeching / idling / laziness in-game is definitely an issue objectively speaking."

I think you're projecting, I mean with your attempted ridicule of me and vitriol towards me it almost seems like you're angry for some reason.

Vitriol....................😂😂 ok.

I can see you're trying to take this somewhere else but you can get someone else to take the bait.  Cheers.

25 minutes ago, Yung-Azrael said:

I wouldn't be pointing these issues out if that was the case. They're still idle when I stop using my 4, and even when I'm not Banshee, same principle. If I stop contributing, they don't bother to start, because they're evidently not even paying attention to the match. And this is quite common.

I've actually allowed the enemies to swarm the objective almost to the point of mission failure a number of times to test this out as well by the way (at least a dozen times out of curiosity). I stop using my 4 or whatever else, I stop doing all the work and then I let enemies swarm objective and almost destroy it, nobody moves a muscle a lot of the time. Sometimes maybe one guy will suddenly become active but the others won't until after I jump back in and start killing stuff again.

Simple fact: if people think one guy can handle the mission, they either mess about or they just idle 'cause they don't feel like they have any incentive to contribute.

While you're right in that the rest of the squad should be active but view from their point of view. 

Maybe they may have encounter many SQ Banshees where they couldn't participate actively. Which lead to them thinking, "Well screw it. Better just wait it out", anytime a Banshee join a mission. They probably just became jaded. 

Not saying they're right but I can see why it can lead to leeching. 

2 hours ago, NZ_CodeBlue said:

As a player that mainly likes to do things on my own even on pub games. I have no problem with leechers. Infact, I like to help / carry new players a lot.

If you don't like leechers, don't play pub and just play with mates / clan.

There will always be "leeching" in any online multiplayer game.

I'm in a one man clan so I play pub all the time. I got over people not helping cause I was at one point, a noob, and or levelling an item.

On a spy mission or survival, I prefer to go solo.

I'm still a noob at MR 13 :(

Also, I like to play Ember and Banshee with that full map clean on Defense XD

1 hour ago, NZ_CodeBlue said:

If someone get piss off with "leechers" and hold grudge or can't get over it, I don't think pub games, or even online gaming is for them :(

I think they should stick to solo play, or play with friends / clan.

Like I said, leeching exist in online gaming in one form or another. I started playing Warframe knowing that these type of players will  be on it >.<

Edit: as long as the leechers don't get in my way like in spy missions then they can go to extraction for all I care.

I like this logic and  feel the same but no leecher by any means.  tbh most if they leeching I say its a cry for help  which is why  I usually ask them them do they want to join my clan for help or would like to learn how to do a effective build for the type of mission so that they may join in on the mission  if they say no than no biggie just hold my beer while I work .

You know what annoys me waaaaaaay more than leechers?

People accusing ME of leeching, or basically randomly accusing people they don't know of this.

I am someone who is near Rank 25, has every frame and damn near every weapon, maxed and formad, and who has been playing the game for longer than they had even heard about it, let alone started playing themselves. Trust me, I don't need or care to leech. Just to let some of the wolf criers know.

The reason I am apparently a  "leech" is all because I am not using "muh meta", despite my results being rather satisfactory, typically superior even, much to their umbrage. Not just with vets either, I even got a newer guy a couple of days ago thinking they are carrying because they are spamming heals, even though this ain't Overwatch and I never asked for any Mercy heals to begin with. They didn't even know about efficiency mods but were spouting about being SO needed. I never rely on a healer unless I happen to be using one myself,  I build my frames and loadout to the point that I generally don't need a Trinity.

Edited by UrielColtan

19 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

People accusing ME of leeching, or basically randomly accusing people they don't know of this.

I am someone who is near Rank 25, has every frame and damn near every weapon, maxed and formad, and who has been playing the game for longer than they had even heard about it, let alone started playing themselves. Trust me, I don't need or care to leech. Just to let some of the wolf cryers know.

The reason I am apparently a  "leech" is all because I am not using "muh meta", despite my results being rather satisfactory, typically superior even, much to their umbrage. Not just with vets either, I even got a newer guy a couple of days ago thinking they are carrying because they are spamming heals, even though this ain't Overwatch and I never asked for any Mercy heals to begin with. They didn't even know about efficiency mods but were spouting about being SO needed. I never rely on a healer unless I happen to be using one myself,  I build my frames and loadout to the point that I generally don't need a Trinity.

yea trinity "mains" are cancer

48 minutes ago, (PS4)dZy_dEviL said:

Vitriol....................😂😂 ok.

I can see you're trying to take this somewhere else but you can get someone else to take the bait.  Cheers.

are you going to contribute to the discussion? or are you going to keep troll posting?

1 hour ago, Kuestenjung said:

If you want us to post neutral then maybe you should start with a neutral post about your issue?

because your "i know everything" attitude is constructive? why even comment on a post when all your going to do is act condescending?

50 minutes ago, Kjahla81 said:

While you're right in that the rest of the squad should be active but view from their point of view. 

Maybe they may have encounter many SQ Banshees where they couldn't participate actively. Which lead to them thinking, "Well screw it. Better just wait it out", anytime a Banshee join a mission. They probably just became jaded. 

Not saying they're right but I can see why it can lead to leeching. 

its a gray area when it comes to leeching cc frames, because most people are right that if its a map wiper there isn't much of a point to try to kill anything but it really depends too. like if your in a very low level mission its pointless but at mid to higher levels, banshee or ember there are enemys they cant kill very quickly. me personally i go shooting regardless. i'm not very happy that people here are complaining that they have to jump around the map to spawns to kill stuff in the scenario when last i checked jumping around in warframe is half the game. seems to reinforce the lazy mentality people have.

Edited by Ragnarok160

23 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

I am someone who is near Rank 25, has every frame and damn near every weapon, maxed and formad, and who has been playing the game for longer than they had even heard about it, let alone started playing themselves. Trust me, I don't need or care to leech. Just to let some of the wolf criers know.

OMG this happened to me in hydron. so I was leveling my mirage and these two losers were all like omg I hate carrying. but I was like 5 mr higher than them and was killing more and doing more dmg? so you know your everyday hydron troll.

I'm okay with Spy leeches because I do not wish to fail. If you suck and are in a PUB please just do whatever. idc. fail the mission and waste my time gtfo. 
If you wanna get better, practice solo or wait for me to be in the same room as you cause i can do all 3 under a min each. 

However, survival leeches, defense leeches need to REALLY stop.

Edited by Vesiga

57 minutes ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

OMG this happened to me in hydron. so I was leveling my mirage and these two losers were all like omg I hate carrying. but I was like 5 mr higher than them and was killing more and doing more dmg? so you know your everyday hydron troll.

cause people are dumb and don't realize MR gives you mod points + potato still doubles it. So being MR 20 - 25 is 40-50 points. you can be fully modded at rank 0.

So when people say MR doesn't matter- it matters at rank 0 items.

Edited by Vesiga

33 minutes ago, Vesiga said:

cause people are dumb and don't realize MR gives you mod points + potato still doubles it. So being MR 20 - 25 is 40-50 points. you can be fully modded at rank 0.

So when people say MR doesn't matter- it matters at rank 0 items.

Yeah. I've seen a Banshee Prime at Rank 0 MR 20 and it was spamming ult the whole time.
My friend who's MR 5 was asking me if they're hacking XD

2 hours ago, (PS4)oinky44 said:

I like this logic and  feel the same but no leecher by any means.  tbh most if they leeching I say its a cry for help  which is why  I usually ask them them do they want to join my clan for help or would like to learn how to do a effective build for the type of mission so that they may join in on the mission  if they say no than no biggie just hold my beer while I work .

I just put myself in their position :)

Always think to myself, how was I when I was still learning the game?

Edited by NZ_CodeBlue

2 minutes ago, Leland_Gaunt said:

Funny, considering the first tier of the ult unlocks at rank 10.

Yeah I exaggerated that one, but for my noob friend who I was carrying that day and had trouble with his energy pools, it was a abnormal sight for a rank 0 warframe to be able to spam abilities non stop.

4 hours ago, (PS4)dZy_dEviL said:

😂😂😂 This has got to be simultaneously bizarre and funniest thing I've read here.  You do realize that you destroy everything when you Banshee quake right? And you get upset that everyone isn't eager with joy for clean up duty LMAO 

Wait....people enjoy killing the trash mobs that die to any weapon not considered mastery fodder in a shot or 2 that sound quake usually kills? Personally id rather banshee clear those trash mobs fast so i can get on to the enemys worth my time faster but hey maybe thats just me...

Holy shmack bro ! That's a long rant lol . 

I feel you though ,but honestly I'd rather have people that aren't good at spy missions not screw up points . 

I went through a nightmare mission three times before I decided to just solo it because everyone kept blowing the points. People that specifically sit on the sidelines though 😑, I'll back out and solo before let someone leech .