The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Stop the Leeching Problem

Ragnarok160

On 06/01/2018 at 2:16 AM, SilentMobius said:

Back in the day (a long time ago), DE changed team affinity, so you could only get radial affinity from your team applied to gear you were actually getting kills with.

The playerbase went mental, saying that it was too hard to level unranked weapons.

Fast forward to not that long ago, and all gear gets a base capacity that scales with MR, and when it was launched Steve commented that a bonus like this would come with a counterweight change at some point.

Hence my prediction: Soon DE will change team affinity to not be split evenly but to apply only to the gear you are using. (there are ways to do this so that you don't all need to race for kills)

Meaning leeching for affinity will be a thing of the past, as will the powerlevelling tactic of letting some mass-kill frame ability do all of the killing.

Hence my predicition: just have to holster everything they don't want to leech with.and be holding the weap they are trying to farm for. Or worse, actually not even be able to contribute at all if neccessary because all they took was a complete MR fodder with no potato or forma and are required to leave everything else at home. .

1 hour ago, Ghogiel said:

Hence my predicition: just have to holster everything they don't want to leech with.and be holding the weap they are trying to farm for. Or worse, actually not even be able to contribute at all if neccessary because all they took was a complete MR fodder with no potato or forma and are required to leave everything else at home. .

I'll bet the revised version will require actual kills, where radial Affinity goes into a pool and team members will be awarded pool affinity based on a multiplier applied to the affinity gain from their own kills, meaning that teammates "catch up" without much effort, but there has to be some effort.

Not way to sidestep the system other than actually using gear, leeching becomes a thing of the past, farming sites crash and burn because everyone needs to contribute for them to work, people have to use the weapons they want to rank up, it will be glorious.

People with low MR and unranked weapons will have to do a couple or ruins of Apollodorus or similar (no be deal) and then they will have the capacity for serration/hornet strike, and will then be fine.

Edited by SilentMobius

21 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I can honestly say that I don't mind this one at all.  But I do have to ask this one important question.  Why in all of Hades are you doing Spy Sorties as Ivara pub anyway?

the missions was a corpus spy so ivara can bypass all the lasers, so can limbo but with him u run the risk of being seen

1 minute ago, Ragnarok160 said:

the missions was a corpus spy so ivara can bypass all the lasers, so can limbo but with him u run the risk of being seen

That's not what I meant.  Since you had and were using Ivara, why were you doing the mission in Public?  :D

On 1/6/2018 at 4:33 AM, Wind_Blade said:

It's not because you did not make a kill that you did not do anything, for example trinity on these maps is very useful to give the energy and thus speed up the speed of the mission however it does not do much similar kill for other frame support.

first off your English is horrible but if you read the other posts it talks about how support frames, octavia, limbo, trinity are still leeching even if they are putting buffs down then going "my jobs done" and doing nothing else along the lines of killing 

As someone who has a bad connection and often has to deal with showing up on capture missions after the objective has been completed, or on exterminate missions where everyone is already at 30 kills, please keep an ear out for people's circumstances. I remember one time that my girlfriend came home and needed help getting groceries out of the car and I was on hydron so I asked the group to extract at the end of the wave (we were on 15). They did, and I left to go help her only to find out that apparently, when they were gone they started up the mission again and when they noticed I wasn't doing anything decided to abandon me. I was luckily playing Nidus so I could extract with a success but if they saw that I typed in chat that I was afk why did they start the mission?!

I'm also noticing that quite often 1-2 out of 4 people in a defense mission are constantly AFK or not contributing. I don't mean that they aren't getting their share of kills, I mean that they're literally standing still for a minute, kill an enemy and repeat the cycle.

It really bums out the remaining players.

Just wanted to say.....

Quit wasting your time in Akkad thats a trash leveling spot, Hydron on pub, Bere with a group.. Other nodes like Stofler Lua, Sechura Pluto, Helene Saturn, can be better than akkad.

Also, unpopular opinion, but I dont really mind leeches, except when Im leveling. bringing a nova and MP and npthing else is fine by me as long as theres only one of them doing it. Id rather have someone not trying hack through the vault then trying having no idea how to, and failing the mission.

17 minutes ago, MC_Vinz said:

Easily gets destroyed by the Index, 270k in 5 minutes (Booster)

You can make up to the millions in credits, if you bring credit boosters, a nekros, a hydroid, and the rest is just optional. And you can stay around 30 minutes. Nothing too bad. Plus, Index is lame. 

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Mythical Warden said:

You can make up to the millions in credits, if you bring credit boosters, a nekros, a hydroid, and the rest is just optional. And you can stay around 30 minutes. Nothing too bad. Plus, Index is lame. 

Its Nekros, Chroma, Optional Hydroid, with everyone with Secura Lecta and it still takes 40 waves to get 250k without booster. Index can make 1m in 30 min at the most

Il y a 16 heures, Ragnarok160 a dit :

first off your English is horrible but if you read the other posts it talks about how support frames, octavia, limbo, trinity are still leeching even if they are putting buffs down then going "my jobs done" and doing nothing else along the lines of killing 

support warframes leach? oh she's kidding, trinity giving endless energy and infinite health leech ?? to the good joke. Oberon that resuscitates automatically and continues heal leech ?? wow it's true that it leech a lot. Support frames must constantly pay attention to the life and energy of other players and are very useful. Because without them some mission would be much harder or last much longer. And then my English suck yes and so ?? it does not have anything in the debate trying to speak in my native language (if it's not yours) properly while supporting the debate you will see it is not easy.

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)Mythical Warden said:

Nah. No need for getting mad at an ability for doing what is was made to do.

So it's meant to require little skill and promote lazy gameplay and rob other players of their ability to actually contribute and play? And this is perfectly fine? M'kay.

You do know that abilities have been changed in the past to do away with that, right? Yeah, its definitely World on Fire's turn for a rework...

2 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

So it's meant to require little skill and promote lazy gameplay and rob other players of their ability to actually contribute and play? And this is perfectly fine? M'kay.

You do know that abilities have been changed in the past to do away with that, right? Yeah, its definitely World on Fire's turn for a rework...

I don't think abilities need to change to do away with that, I think we just need to have the option to get the spawn rates for four players in solo play so the people mass killing enemies don't need to join groups to get the high spawn rates they want.

3 hours ago, Wind_Blade said:
support warframes leach? oh she's kidding, trinity giving endless energy and infinite health leech ?? to the good joke. Oberon that resuscitates automatically and continues heal leech ?? wow it's true that it leech a lot. Support frames must constantly pay attention to the life and energy of other players and are very useful. Because without them some mission would be much harder or last much longer. And then my English suck yes and so ?? it does not have anything in the debate trying to speak in my native language (if it's not yours) properly while supporting the debate you will see it is not easy.

again your English is making it hard to understand what your saying and im not belittling you for it i just want you to tell me if im misinterpreting what your saying,  anyway support frames arnt a "must" and a good support isnt a must have. when we talk about leeching it depends what your referring too, if your in a surv mission then support is more important then killing, what people are referring too in the terms of supports leeching is usually in farming runs and areas that supports arnt very viable. if you want my very honest opinion i think that maining anything in warframe limits your game experience and that support mains are very full of themselves.

il y a 5 minutes, Ragnarok160 a dit :

again your English is making it hard to understand what your saying and im not belittling you for it i just want you to tell me if im misinterpreting what your saying,  anyway support frames arnt a "must" and a good support isnt a must have. when we talk about leeching it depends what your referring too, if your in a surv mission then support is more important then killing, what people are referring too in the terms of supports leeching is usually in farming runs and areas that supports arnt very viable. if you want my very honest opinion i think that maining anything in warframe limits your game experience and that support mains are very full of themselves.

it has nothing to do with my opignion but the very definition of leeching.
Leeching is a practice of enjoying someone else without doing anything in return.
it can be applied to a player a kuva who abuses players to do everything alone by being afk.
Outside a frame support does not do that it allows to optimize the damage, the survival time etc. I think you have the wrong definition of leeching.

(and no my main is not a support if you want to know i'm just realist in a COOP game we need to be COOPERATIVE with the type of class we have.

Edited by Wind_Blade

On 1/6/2018 at 2:29 PM, Ragnarok160 said:

they arnt saying octavia is leeching they are saying that bringing octavia into a match and putting down buffs then not doing anything because "her job is done" is leeching

Well I mean thats what I do and my 1 does more damage than the rest of the squad, get top kills, and my 2 is tanking, my 3 has everyone invisible for 38 seconds on the spam beat, and my 4 quintuples everyones damage. :P

Octavia best frame get her win

Leeching and griefing made me stop playing public pretty much alltogether. I only play public on my daily Seimini and in rifts, for obvious reasons.

Good job DE for creating an environment where playing a coop shooter in actual coop mode just infuriates you to the point where you stop playing coop!

I've never had any problem with leechers, and I don't have a clue at all why you believe it to be an issue. If I cannot go into a mission with plans in place to be able to kill things I don't think I deserve to run with that squad. And If others join me and fail to kill anything/much ..well It doesn't effect me in the slightest. If anything it just pushes spawn rates up and I get to kill more. 

I guess it comes from never having my hand held in all the years of playing this game, since it seems the only ones complaining about it are the ones who want the game easier rather than harder.

The only time I ever get annoyed with leechers is when i have to wait at extraction for them to move their butts there. Oh, and I get annoyed if they're limbos or banshees. Purely out of hate

8 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

I've never had any problem with leechers, and I don't have a clue at all why you believe it to be an issue. If I cannot go into a mission with plans in place to be able to kill things I don't think I deserve to run with that squad. And If others join me and fail to kill anything/much ..well It doesn't effect me in the slightest. If anything it just pushes spawn rates up and I get to kill more. 

I guess it comes from never having my hand held in all the years of playing this game, since it seems the only ones complaining about it are the ones who want the game easier rather than harder.

The only time I ever get annoyed with leechers is when i have to wait at extraction for them to move their butts there. Oh, and I get annoyed if they're limbos or banshees. Purely out of hate

Actually it's just as annoying to get into games with people that speed through the level and sit on the exit when theirs cache's ,ayatan treasures and other resources people need or like to collect sitting around. 

I can't tell you how many people in this game complain about not having credits,Endo, resources etc to do things when they rush through the game .