Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pink Cyst on Neck is annoying

Final_Divinity

Like seriously. I literally stop playing my warframes that get the pink pus bubble on their neck as soon as it shows up. THIS IS  ANNOYING AS HELL. Why is there not a way to remove it sooner. I DON'T WANT THAT STUPID THING DOG. Why do I have to watch this nub grow on my neck for SEVEN DAYS. As soon as it shows up why can't i get it removed? Why can't i just make all my warframes immune right now? I already know I will never want anything to do with infested weapons/warframes/pets/ WHATEVER, in the game. So let me remove it from my current frames and future frames now. It's disturbing AND lore breaking. My operator knows were the cure is. let me put it on all my warframes. In fact, why can't i just blowtorch that whole freaking infested room in my ship? Like why do I have to have that nasty business in my ship, when I kill infested where ever else I see it. I'm sick of this pink dot and I don't know why i'm FORCED to interact with something that is not RELEVANT to the main plot of the game. I forced to see content for a charger pet I DON'T EVER WANT to get.

Take a deep breath and relax. You obviously know how to remove the cyst and whats required for it. Maybe you should go and intentionally get all your frames infected and in a week go and cure them all. You will not be able to access the infested room afterwards and you'll never need to see or deal with it again.

Just now, Magicfingers said:

tie a ribbon around the tip of it and use it as a fashion frame item 

Color your frame with Pink first so it will match the cyst.

Well anyways,kinda surprised me that there is some people that really got disturbed by that pinky thing.
You can always remove it form the infested room in the right side of your orbiter so it will become immune

7 minutes ago, Snowbluff said:

Yeah so the job isn't done for 7 days, so we should get upset about it because we can't opt out immediately or preemptively.

Exactly my point. I don't see why I have to deal with it for 7 days. It's for one stupid item I don't want. Why do I have to have such an unsightly pink cyst on my neck for 7 days on ALL MY WARFRAMES for a pet I DO NOT WANT.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with it. I have been infected countless times and have likely (and gleefully) infected countless others with my Nidus and his still fully developed Cyst. For the record, I have no intention of removing it just because someone is upset that they have to look at it for a whole week (woe is you). Waiting seven days to remove it is apparently something that DE really could not care less about. If they had, it would likely have been "fixed" by now. Mind you, this assumes that "fixing" it is as simple as you and others would assume it is. Nonsense, I say. DE has more important matters to deal with than a simple pimple.

The reasons why the Cyst will continue to exist is because it is a minor inconvenience, Nidus is a pain to farm for, and newer players (or those who don't want to buy or farm for Nidus) can make use of it to acquire their own Helminth Charger. Suffice it to say, this is a mechanic that is not going away any time soon.

Edited by (XB1)N7 Sinner

Willing to bet the day they made it so this was possible, there would be players with a sort of buyers remorse (inoculators remorse?).   With players regretting their decision and wanting to have the pet.   Or if something new will be happening in that room and they are locked out due to their decision and wanting to reverse it.    A 7 day wait is a decent compromise allowing players to truly decide if they want it done or not.  I don't like them myself, so I got all my most played frames infected asap and inoculated, leaving some of my lesser played frames infected in case I need it for something later.

The worse problem is EVERY SINGLE brand new frames are suffered by it, without an exception. So each times you are enjoy to use the new frame, you are suffered by cyst, HAVE TO WAIT FOR A WEEK then remove it. Each times for every single frames. I hate it.

Edited by DroopingPuppy

The cysts deeply disturb me and I cannot use frames with it.    (In addition to having anxiety and being worried about being a $&*^ possibly spreading it to others if I play the infected frame just further deepens the hole.  It's embarrassing to use a frame with it. ). 

They appear right as you're enjoying your new frames the most.  Just got Mesa and having the most fun so far with an new frame?  Grind down to an absolute halt as you get aids yet again,  and can't bring myself to use her anymore for a week.   She was probably my favorite frame so far.   And I saw that with a lot of new frames,  it's been a nice upward curve for the most part.  But Every. Single. Time.   I only get a day or three of absolutely loving a new frame and enjoying the game,  only to be slapped in the face once with every new frame and become unable to use them.

It's intensely irritating,  for a waste of space bs mechanic that takes up a whole room of your ship for whatever reason.  

There is absolutely no point or reason to have this mechanic at all when you could easily have other methods to get the dumb pet.    At the very least you can experience it once,  and cure yourself forever.   If you want the pet,  just go to the room again and undo the cure at any time.   

Why on earth are we not able to remove the stupid things immediately when they appear is beyond me, if not get global immunity after you unlock the room,   at the very least after the first time you deal with a fully grown one that sort of "Wakes up" the infested room on your ship. 

It is nothing but a hassle and a pain, that actively hurts the enjoyment of the game for a lot of people that care about their cosmetics,  let alone people like me who care about cosmetics but also are disturbed by having giant space cyst parasites growing out of your neck

Edited by StrawberryDevil

I don't see what you guys are trying to defend. If people want the helminth pet they can farm for nidus, give themselves the infection, and make their ugly dog. Preventing getting the cyst doesn't stop anyone from getting the Pet. Initially, I might have agreed this would be a reason not to make this an immediate option, but the whole thing has been around long enough for most players to make an informed choice abbot what to do when they get infected. I have absolutely no desire to make a Helminth Pet and I have so many frames that until recently I had to constantly go and get the cyst removed from frames that I hadn't used since all this started. This part of the game is annoying and I did not agree nor do I care to engage in it.

If you don't mind the cyst, this thread isn't for you. If you like or want to make a Helminth pet, this thread isn't for you. If you never had a desire to get the pet this thread is for you to show you support. I don't believe having the option to avoid getting the cyst would be game breaking. The only thing I do agree is that this is such a minor thing in the game that the Devs don't care to address it. That doesn't stop me nor should it stop anyone from voicing their opinion and their desire to NOT GET FREAKING SPACE HERPES.

Warframe's are clearly linked to infestation through lore entries, through the helminth room, through Boss dialogue. You will never fully seperate Warframe's from infestation. 

In previous devstreams we were told that the helminth room and charger pet were early portions of more lore and quests coming in the future. 

Sorry it bugs you but at least de added in a way to remove it at all. 

1 hour ago, Drasiel said:

Warframe's are clearly linked to infestation through lore entries, through the helminth room, through Boss dialogue. You will never fully seperate Warframe's from infestation. 

In previous devstreams we were told that the helminth room and charger pet were early portions of more lore and quests coming in the future. 

Sorry it bugs you but at least de added in a way to remove it at all. 

None of that is even the slightest excuse for this enjoyment crushing system.   There is no reason what so ever that we should not be able to A) Global inoculation / cure.   B) Remove the moment you see it appear. 

26 minutes ago, StrawberryDevil said:

None of that is even the slightest excuse for this enjoyment crushing system.   There is no reason what so ever that we should not be able to A) Global inoculation / cure.   B) Remove the moment you see it appear. 

There is every reason if the cyst is connected to a future quest. Should it be removable before it's full grown? Yes probably at this point but if the cyst is required to do a future quest then prematurely removing the cyst would cause progression problems and I think we all know how the community reacts when you "take something away" from them. 

1 hour ago, Drasiel said:

There is every reason if the cyst is connected to a future quest. Should it be removable before it's full grown? Yes probably at this point but if the cyst is required to do a future quest then prematurely removing the cyst would cause progression problems and I think we all know how the community reacts when you "take something away" from them. 

actually for a quest all they have to do is have you be infected during one of the quests which then points you to the next part that needs it. as quest items are indestructable it will not be able to be removed till the next part of the quest that needs it removes it. Global infection, and then global cure.

Edited by EinheriarJudith