Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pink Cyst on Neck is annoying

Final_Divinity

1 minute ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

Aww, aren't you cute that you can't wait a week to remove it forever and you never have to deal with it for the month of time you continue to play until rage quitting cause a cosmetic issue makes you break your keyboard :D

and there is a problem for wanting it gone when you want to? lol its even more cute that you think people dont have a right to options.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

Just now, EinheriarJudith said:

and there is a problem for wanting it gone when you want to? lol its even more cute that you think people dont have a right to options.

The only issue with the cyst is that you have to finish a poorly designed quest to unlock the Infested Helminth room in the orbiter to remove it. What DE should do and what you should have suggested is that DE not allow accounts to be infected based upon the 1 or 0 for the quest completion status register. This resolves the near-permanent infection issue for those that have just started the game and have no access/mods/weapons to deal with the annoyance. It does not remove the 1 week delay for it to grow, but just remember, you can drain the cysts to create a 6k mastery trash called a Helminth Charger :D

Yeah I concur. If they want to use the cyst for a later quest(though when has DE ever done that?) they could either just allow you to remove the cyst immediately or just reset the innoculation for the sake of the new quest, and still just giving people the option to opt out quickly again.

The point is forcing a multi day timer on something that alot of people either don't want to do or already finished is pointless. I prefer never to see it again unless necessary but even just removing the delay is a great compromise. If you want the Helminth you have to wait for it to mature anyway, if you don't you get rid of it right away. Nothing breaks the game.

Edited by (PS4)HurricaneHugo76

The only defense anyone is giving in favor of NOT giving players the option to remove it whenever you want,  or provide global immunity you could just undo when needed,  is "Whah, you guys are so whiny,  I personally am not bothered by it so everyone should have to deal with it"

Edited by StrawberryDevil

8 minutes ago, StrawberryDevil said:

The only defense anyone is giving in favor of NOT giving players the option to remove it whenever you want,  or provide global immunity you could just undo when needed,  is "Whah, you guys are so whiny,  I personally am not bothered by it so everyone should have to deal with it"

I guess you don't read every single post (mine, kthx), but keep on truckin, buddy.

23 hours ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

All I'm hearing is the sound of a baby screaming in a restaurant

Ditto

5 hours ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

The only issue with the cyst is that you have to finish a poorly designed quest to unlock the Infested Helminth room in the orbiter to remove it.

Now this is an actual issue as it can affect players for an indeterminate amount of time.

Edited by Insizer

15 minutes ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

I guess you don't read every single post (mine, kthx), but keep on truckin, buddy.

You said nothing that gives a reason why we shouldn't have the option to remove the cyst as soon as it appears,  or have blanket immunity the first time you cure it, and just sit in it when not infected to remove the cure. 

I don't even really know what you're talking about.   I don't think I've done any thing to unlock that room.     Glast Gambit which gives Nidus, I believe, is the only quest I have yet to do (Because I had enough of that index stuff and the wiki said I had a lot more to go through,  and sounds like it gets increasingly obnoxious) and I assume that expands on that room some more.  Or just gives you the option to make the charger things.    

Doesn't really have anything to do with curing the cysts when they appear or removing it from the equation if you aren't interested. (To reintroduce it if you ever do).

Edited by StrawberryDevil

Just now, StrawberryDevil said:

You said nothing that gives a reason why we shouldn't have the option to remove the cyst as soon as it appears,  or have blanket immunity the first time you cure it, and just sit in it when not infected to remove the cure. 

Because the only reason why we have to wait is due to DE saying you have to wait 7 days to get the pet or cure it forever and ever, amen? I gave a perfectly good solution to make it to where it's impossible to be infected until you have completed the quest itself or unlocked it. The issue at hand that the OP is talking about is the infection of frames for players that are new or dozens of hours away from being able to disinfect themselves by completing the quest. I see no real reason why immediately removing it should be an option when it is mastery fodder material waiting to be used, especially when it goes away for all eternity (unless bugged removal) or you make a new warframe.

Blanket immunity would be a good idea, but how many people do you think would instantly cure their first infection without thinking ahead to the 6k fodder that another worthless kubrow variant gives? Probably a ton, similar to the plethora of people that sold their worthless Mote Amp before maxing it after gilding because DE never made it clear on how to get mastery from Plains gear. Perhaps after the 3rd cured you'd have 100% immunity to give some leniency. But an instant "no pink jizz on me pls" is the same as all the vacuum changes have been happening due to all the whining for it: too easy and too simplistic to change/worth changing.

34 minutes ago, Insizer said:

Ditto

Now this is an actual issue as it can affect players for an indeterminate amount of time.

5 hours ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

The only issue with the cyst is that you have to finish a poorly designed quest to unlock the Infested Helminth room in the orbiter to remove it. What DE should do and what you should have suggested is that DE not allow accounts to be infected based upon the 1 or 0 for the quest completion status register. This resolves the near-permanent infection issue for those that have just started the game and have no access/mods/weapons to deal with the annoyance. It does not remove the 1 week delay for it to grow, but just remember, you can drain the cysts to create a 6k mastery trash called a Helminth Charger :D

Last I checked, you can enter the Helminth room with a fully grown cyst regardless of if you've completed Glast Gambit or not, the only difference is that Helminth itself won't speak (yet Ordis has no issue asking if you're out of your mind for the 7th time). Unless there's a bug or glitch I'm not aware of that prevents the Helminth room from opening regardless of cyst maturity, or if DE have made it so you need to complete the Glast Gambit, (or something else I'm not aware of) then that should still be the case for everyone.

As to the original topic, I'm reluctantly disagreeing. On one hand yes, it is unsightly and it does ruin the look of any frame it grows on, but on the other hand if it ends up being tied to anything important besides the pet then it could become a huge issue if given the ability to immediately remove it. Unless we're given direct confirmation from DE that the cyst will not be used for anything other than the Helminth Charger, then I say keep it as is just as a precaution. I'm aware it's not exactly the prettiest thing, and I agree with that point, but it's better than potentially breaking something in the future.

Edited by Ninjaboy00

this is actually a legit problem
I dont play with any infected frames either when they have the cyst (it really is repulsive to look at)

I dont understand why isnt there a a system where you get immunity to all warframes and then by choice you could get re-infected if you so chose
#cystvaccine2018 <-- this needs to be a thing :D

Edited by Twistedsparkle

On 1/6/2018 at 8:18 AM, (PS4)shadowwraith_666 said:

if you have no interest in infested gear etc, why did you enter the infested room on your ship and sit in the chair?

You get it from other players, not from the room. Unless you have Nidus, you can't enter the room until you have a fully matured cyst. We have no control over whether it appears on our frames (unless you make sure never to play with a Nidus...ever).

And chalk me up as another person who thinks it's a) disgusting, and b) annoying that I can't opt out. I don't care how much mastery you get from a helminth charger, I'm not going to drain the pus of a boil to infect a kubrow egg. That's nauseating. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

@DE time to make some plat add a key for the room for plat only giving access before the cyst is mature, or we can wait 7 days

On the subject of game infection mechanics, its very minor.  eg EQ2 had a disease  that you had to be player researched how to cure it and then the cure bought for a fair amount of in game currency.  But you could still get infected again, this infection was particularly annoying as you had a hacking cough which repeated every minute plus visual aura and growths over your body

So it could be a lot worse, just wait 7 days which makes that frame immune to it

On 1/5/2018 at 11:33 PM, Final_Divinity said:

Like seriously. I literally stop playing my warframes that get the pink puss bubble on their neck as soon as it shows up. THIS IS @(*()&#036; ANNOYING AS HELL. Why is there not a way to remove it sooner. I DON'T WANT THAT STUPID &amp;#&#33; DOG. Why do I have to watch this @(*()&#036; cancer grow on my neck for SEVEN DAYS. As soon as it shows up why can't i get it removed? Why can't i just make all my warframes immune right now? I already know I will never want anything to do with infested weapons/warframes/pets/ WHATEVER, in the game. So let me remove it from my current frames and future frames now. It's disturbing AND lore breaking. My operator knows were the cure is. @(*()&#036; let me put it on all my warframes. In fact, why can't i just blowtorch that whole freaking infested room in my ship? Like why do I have to have that nasty S#&amp;&#036; in my ship, when I kill infested where ever else I see it. I'm sick of this pink dot and I don't know why i'm FORCED to interact with something that is not RELEVANT to the main plot of the game. I forced to see content for a charger pet I DON'T EVER WANT to get.

Right?  I've hated this since it was introduced.  It has to hurt their cosmetic sales.  Every new frame gets it.  The system they promised to accompany it never happened.  It could at least give you stats or something like the pokerus. Why it's still in the game is beyond me.

Just a totally random thought.  Let's put a floating biohazard symbol above any Nidus whenever say, Oberon Prime or a similiarly themed Prime gets near.  7 days later you can go to your foundry and have it removed from over your head.

Yes?  No?

For the record, you can't blame nidus alone. I've rarely ever seem another nidus and I didn't have one till recently. However every one of my frames has a cyst. Turns out any time you play with someone else infested, or anytime you fight the infested enemies, there is the same chance that your frame will get a cyst. So for those who are deeply bothered by it, sad to say nidus alone is the least of your worries, space herpes is a core part of the game now, and I've never heard a single thought or statements made by DE that will ever change that, but who knows. Either way thought I'd warn you that not getting infected is probably the hardest thing to do, if it's even possible not to get infected at this point.

Just chill for the time being and pop it when it's fully grown.

I recommend you pass it on to other players particularly those in lower levels so they can also access the Helmnith room without building a Nidus.

After you go back to Helmnith to pop it, it's permanent and that particular frame will never get the cyst and/or be able to see Helmnith again.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

I’ll say that it is funny to go into low levels and use Nidus to link to a low level player. They start to freak out cause that pink rubber band won’t go away...

i tell them that in a little while they’re going to get a pink zit on their warframe neck and it’s gonna stay there for a long time... literally had a kid 98% start crying about it.

It doesn’t negatively affect you or your warframe. It just looks weird unless you want to remove it. It’s called patience. Just wait the time or even better... stop playing for a week, read a book, go outside, learn how to work on your patience. Then come back to the game and remove the cyst. Bim bam boom. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Gerbizzzle said:

I’ll say that it is funny to go into low levels and use Nidus to link to a low level player. They start to freak out cause that pink rubber band won’t go away...

i tell them that in a little while they’re going to get a pink zit on their warframe neck and it’s gonna stay there for a long time... literally had a kid 98% start crying about it.

It doesn’t negatively affect you or your warframe. It just looks weird unless you want to remove it. It’s called patience. Just wait the time or even better... stop playing for a week, read a book, go outside, learn how to work on your patience. Then come back to the game and remove the cyst. Bim bam boom. 

You're essentially acknowledging that it causes a negative experience to a lot of players and that people should stop playing the game (For a time) if they don't like it.

Which is horrid game design and evident of a feature that needs to be changed.

On 1/11/2018 at 7:32 PM, Educated_Beast said:

Why do you reject my beauty?

I just sit in the chair.  Done.  Life can be really simple sometimes.

After a week of looking like infected trash.

On 1/11/2018 at 6:31 PM, StrawberryDevil said:

Which is horrid game design and evident of a feature that needs to be changed.

It's not like the new frame I just spent an hour customizing, should be excited to use and maybe spend money on further customizing looks diseased for a week.  It's not like I've been through the same process with 30 other frames and the game depends on cosmetic sales.

Edited by PatternistSlave

• 3 weeks later...