Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pink Cyst on Neck is annoying

Final_Divinity

Hiya, I'm a new player to warframe. I'm not 100% on the lore of the game and what not. I am a player with 30 years of gaming experience with a few orpg/mmo under my belt.

First off people have a right to voice an opinion or concern if something exists that they don't like. Insulting them isn't welcoming, and chases people away.

Second cosmetic/ customization is an important aspect of any online game. And to some, a make or break. I got this cyst a moment ago. I noticed I had a bright pink dot last week but thought it was part of my warframe. Today I logged on and found the pink cyst with the tendril. I thought it was pretty bad and very annoying. Games that force cosmetic changes are not that good. More so if cosmetics can cost real money. Having an optional side quest would have been better suited.

I personally didn't realize I was infected till today when I saw that ugly pink bulb on my my warframes neck. My warframe is black so the pink cyst really sticks out. Which quest is this tied to? I'm not fond of forced character appearance changes. And hope to avoid this in the future.

For feedback, I same make this an optional side quest. Not force it on players who are brand new and don't know the lore reason. Or let them cure it sooner to opt out of it completely. No one should be forced to do this, or have this cosmetic change.

On 2/5/2018 at 12:57 AM, (PS4)Azura-moonstar said:

Hiya, I'm a new player to warframe. I'm not 100% on the lore of the game and what not. I am a player with 30 years of gaming experience with a few orpg/mmo under my belt.

First off people have a right to voice an opinion or concern if something exists that they don't like. Insulting them isn't welcoming, and chases people away.

Second cosmetic/ customization is an important aspect of any online game. And to some, a make or break. I got this cyst a moment ago. I noticed I had a bright pink dot last week but thought it was part of my warframe. Today I logged on and found the pink cyst with the tendril. I thought it was pretty bad and very annoying. Games that force cosmetic changes are not that good. More so if cosmetics can cost real money. Having an optional side quest would have been better suited.

I personally didn't realize I was infected till today when I saw that ugly pink bulb on my my warframes neck. My warframe is black so the pink cyst really sticks out. Which quest is this tied to? I'm not fond of forced character appearance changes. And hope to avoid this in the future.

For feedback, I same make this an optional side quest. Not force it on players who are brand new and don't know the lore reason. Or let them cure it sooner to opt out of it completely. No one should be forced to do this, or have this cosmetic change.

There is no way to avoid it.   Every.  Single. New frame you get,  will get that cyst for a week.   It'll appear right as you've been enjoying your new frame the most,  and then if the cyst bothers you as it does me,  prevent you from playing it for said week as you're forced to wait for it to grow to full disgusting size before you can remove it.  (Remove it by, once it's fully matured and repulsive,  approaching the door to the left on your orbiter, which will open for you only when you have the matured cyst on you)

• 2 weeks later...

I think there should be an craftable item to make your warframe immune to it.

But that every new warframe you make gets it at some point is so annoying, while its not unplayable it's an issue that is easy to fix.

For example i currently want to make a Mirage Prime, getting the parts will take me a long time then i have to make the warframe which is another 2 days atleast. As you all know then you need to level it etc. why do i want Mirage Prime? because it looks @(*()$ sick IMO. So i invest a moderate amount of time into getting a warframe and then get an ugly cyst on my neck for one week with basically no reason that is really annoying.

I mean its only for a week but still.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I agree 100%

it is a really annoying and completely unnecessary mechanic in the game

and ruin totally the fashion, one of the core of the game

whoever had the "brilliant" idea of making players wait a whole week to remove that stupid thing should be fired

I think the cyst is pointless and dumb too.

The first two times it was actually kind of cool cause it caught me by surprise when you enter the cyst room. 10 damn frames later and it's just an annoying thing that is useless to me and a lot of other people. 

I'm not bothered but the cyst that much as most of my frames are cured but the general concept of the cyst, Hemlinth and the room is poorly implemented.

To dedicate a whole room to one obscure mechanics that allows you to make a pet is strange. Yeh sure you can drain the cyst to make the charger but we could just get a blueprint to craft a "thing" to inject into the incubator and mutate the egg instead and no one would complain.

So much wasted storytelling potential with the room, Nidus and Helminth. Who was he? The creator of Nidus? Why is there a bed and an chair there? Helminth sees the operator and Nidus as two separate entities. He calls Nidus his master and the operator a demon. Eh... maybe one day DE will tell the story.

While I agree that it is rather annoying to look at...and that a week might be to long to wait to remove it...I believe that it doesn't warrant this strong of a reaction.

It doesn't impede game play (as in damage/movement/etc) and allows players to acquire a new type of companion, if they want one. and if they don't it takes only a quarter of a month to get rid of it.

pls don't hate, just trying to look at all sides 

^^^

This guy's got it. I hate looking at the stupid cyst as much as the next guy, and a week is WAAAAAAAAAAY to long to have to wait to get rid of it. I too would like an option to remove it immediately in the event that you know up front that you don't want/already have the pet, rather than going and intentionally infecting ALL of your frames just to get it over and done with.

Although, at the end of the day, it's really not a big deal. It's not an "enjoyment crushing system", as some of you seem to think. And if you are infected, consider playing those frames anyway (unless the cyst transcends annoyance and actually "disturbs" you, in which case. . . . . sorry?) rather than shelving them for a week. Some of us are intentionally trying to get infected, so that we can get this cyst thing over and done with and not have to worry about taking an uninfected frame into a public match. You'd be helping us out in that regard.

Also, here's a thought. I noticed some of you were complaining about the infested room on the ship, and how it's "a waste of space", and only serves to cure your frames of their infections once the cysts have fully developed. That's its only function. Lore and whatnot aside, why not turn things the other way around? Make all frames inherently immune to the infection (that way, no cysts for players who don't want cysts, myself included) and then make it so that you use the room to intentionally infect yourself? Seems to me like the infested, whatever sort of hive mind life form it/they is/are, would be more concerned with spreading and replicating, rather than purging (effectively killing) a portion of itself from a host body (your frame) at the behest of a "master" (you). Again, lore aside, I feel this would be appropriate. Especially considering the creature in the room even has a voice line where it laments that you're "rejecting its beauty", or something like that, when you sit down in the chair to take the ol' barb to the throat to cure yourself.

TLDR, just a thought. Frames inherently immune, use nasty tentacle chair to intentionally infect yourself. Ultimately, not the end of the world if the system stays as is.

Edited by Nalabac
typos

Calm down, dude. I understand your frustration, but you also know that you can permantly remove the cyst by going into the infested room (the one with infested stuff outside) and then cure it. It will no longer appear. But I know it's annoying having to do it one by one, in fact there were some times where I asked myself what else could the cyst be used for. I mean, as far as I remember, DE mentioned that after curing the cyst it will be possible to get a new one if you want but so far the only way to get the cyst again is by building new warframes. I already have the infested kubrow in the stasis so I don't need it anymore, so I cure the cyst for any new warframe that I build.

But yeah, on the flip side there should be an upgrade for the arsenal or something that could prepare new warframes for the cyst when infected, allowing it to take half of the time or less to fully mature so that you can later get rid of it sooner.

I agree that the cyst should be removed the moment it starts growing. I mean do you squeeze your pimples the soon you see them or do you let it infest for a week until the hair starts growing from it? If the Helmith can remove it by stabbing you in the neck then why do i have to wait for a week until he will let me get stabbed. Just let us make the anti infest elixir or potion to become immune to infection. Fashion frame is the true endgame and having a pink tumor for a week on my warframe is rly annoying.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2018 at 6:16 PM, CulannHS said:

Just a totally random thought.  Let's put a floating biohazard symbol above any Nidus whenever say, Oberon Prime or a similiarly themed Prime gets near.  7 days later you can go to your foundry and have it removed from over your head.

Yes?  No?

Yes. I want that floating hazard sign over my nidus! I would totally use it in fashion frame.

Anyway it should be possible to remove asap. DE can easily reset the cysts if they ever add new content and there is always the option to use nidus to get the cyst if you want it.

Really no reason to inconvenience players with such a random and usually pointless mechanic.

It'd be nice if you could optionally get frames vaccinated or something. I try to ignore it, but it doesn't last long. I have my nasty dog already. lol

They could make it where you get the thing chopped off and have a culture of it made for any time you want a nasty dog.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-01-05 at 9:12 PM, Final_Divinity said:

Exactly my point. I don't see why I have to deal with it for 7 days. It's for one stupid item I don't want. Why do I have to have such an unsightly pink cyst on my neck for 7 days on ALL MY WARFRAMES for a pet I DO NOT WANT.

imma throw a temper tantrum because of an inconsequental thing in a FREE TO PLAY GAME because im a 6 year old 

On 2018-01-05 at 11:33 PM, Final_Divinity said:

Like seriously. I literally stop playing my warframes that get the pink puss bubble on their neck as soon as it shows up. THIS IS @(*()$ ANNOYING AS HELL. Why is there not a way to remove it sooner. I DON'T WANT THAT STUPID &#! DOG. Why do I have to watch this @(*()$ cancer grow on my neck for SEVEN DAYS. As soon as it shows up why can't i get it removed? Why can't i just make all my warframes immune right now? I already know I will never want anything to do with infested weapons/warframes/pets/ WHATEVER, in the game. So let me remove it from my current frames and future frames now. It's disturbing AND lore breaking. My operator knows were the cure is. @(*()$ let me put it on all my warframes. In fact, why can't i just blowtorch that whole freaking infested room in my ship? Like why do I have to have that nasty S#&$ in my ship, when I kill infested where ever else I see it. I'm sick of this pink dot and I don't know why i'm FORCED to interact with something that is not RELEVANT to the main plot of the game. I forced to see content for a charger pet I DON'T EVER WANT to get.

Lol I enjoyed reading this. 

• 2 weeks later...

(*you will embrace us...)

(*We are as one...)

the cyst is not annoying in any way (for me anyway) because when I awakened the helminth on my Nidus, it felt like something special, like I have an infested guardian angel watching me & ensuring that everything goes to plan, honestly: 

Spoiler

I hated the lotus as it is & to find that she leaves us in the apostasy prologue just proves one point, that the Helminth cares more about us than that petal-for-brains space mom.

On 2018-05-13 at 5:01 PM, Hikaru9569 said:

imma throw a temper tantrum because of an inconsequental thing in a FREE TO PLAY GAME because im a 6 year old 

"I like to go to feedback forums and tell people that don't like features that they're throwing temper tantrums, even though the forum is literally for FEEDBACK ON FEATURES IN THE GAME."

Why you do dis?